1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Official Arcade Webmasters Thread

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by FIVE539, Dec 29, 2007.

1. messa

messa Peon

Best Answers:
    "Partnered" with?
    I don't think so.. They wouldn't want to be officially assosiated with you in any way.

Reasons Not to use Overgrab:

Your script is a modified version of another commercial script.
    You do not have the right to modify and redistribute this script.

You were recently taken off line for using un-licensed versions of vBulletin and Iono Licensing.
    This caused many members to be left high and dry with their sites down for many days.

Your script is not ethical and steals from other struggling webmasters. These are not big companies you're grabbing your info from like Google or Yahoo that can handle the duplicate content hits.

The arcade community is mostly all good, friendly people and a big part of running an arcade is good networking.
    Nobody wants to have anything to do with anyone who uses this script.
    "I rip off other sites just like yours. Want to exchange links or traffic?" Guess what the answer is..

Hopefully sooner than later you'll wise up and give up on this.

messa, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  2. ozirock

ozirock Member

Best Answers:
    I have a small gaming site called Supreme Games, I started about two months ago and I have barely any traffic is this normal? I don't really know my other sites get even less traffic

ozirock, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  3. jackandjerry

jackandjerry Peon

Best Answers:
    I checked out all of your sites and they are cool!!

jackandjerry, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  4. Next

Next Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well sure you can have your point of view but the fact is that was a false accusation who turned a personal matter between the 2 of us into one that affected our business and it is a false accusation at that. Don't be upset at the scraping practice either, GameJacket and a few other sites that are being worked on came to US to help incorporate their Intellectual Property of their games to US. And if you have further proof of this "you don't have the right to distribute your script", bring proof or take a look at our code and find the resemblance and PM me. A friend of mine who is also on DP logged in and posted and thus I got banned for having "two accounts", but it was a mistake and I am back. Funny how all the issues with the customers were resolved happily. And the problem with Iono was an issue with a programmer we hired and we dealt with that as well with Iono and another customer provided the vBulletin license, took it away and then we got the license back. So please continue to falsely accuse, because now that I have my account restored, I can defend.

Next, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  5. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not that I'm going to press the matter, but I might as well have my say with the Overgrab issue because I found it annoying on the amount of profit that you got and the result of a major server crash.

I think that the reputation of Overgrab is damaged too far to be fixed. Just the fact that all site owners of their arcades depend on the a server that they have no control over to be online is absolutely foolish.

I believe you do mean well, but after the extremely high cost of the arcade you got years of explaining to do when tons of people paid up and went offline without even an email to them.

But hey, you seem to be taking the right steps to get out of that bad happening. Best of luck.

Laceygirl, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  6. Next

Next Active Member

Best Answers:
    I appreciate your response GrAveTzT, I had read your post on the thread, but I could not respond due to my account being suspended for 3 months. I do realize the reputation is somewhat ruined and I want to rebuild it rather than ditch it and all my customers. The right thing is now more important to us (me and my partner).

As far as the downtime goes, yes it was down while I was switching hosts (approx. 1-2 days). I have now a new method of licensing which involves getting a key which is stored for 14 days and its hosted locally in a key file and used to validate. If my server goes down during anytime, it will not take down any website using OverGrab. This was released a few versions ago and a lot of users upgraded. I'm also about to release a new version with tons of bug fixes and coding changes along with optimized db queries which I've found to speed the site up about 2-3x. Also when the server crash did happen I put out a fix and emailed the customers. If I hadn't mentioned before I also resolved the conflict between me and my friend (the one who posted the ripoffreport and the other false claim) and he is trying to remove the posts.

Next, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  7. ozirock

ozirock Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much JackandJerry :)

ozirock, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  8. messa

messa Peon

Best Answers:
    My accusations are not false so there's no way you could defend yourself. You could try to lie your way out though.

See you around.

messa, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  9. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    really? For some reason I had gathered the impression that it was like a month, and a bunch of people sent you cash but you got banned. I've seen at least 10 complaints of their sites being down for weeks. There was a lot of topics going around about Overgrab at arcade forums around the globe.

If it was only a day or two, you need to find some solid proof and show it to anyone who challenges you because I'm sure everyone remembers it was weeks.

Laceygirl, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  10. Rice

Rice Peon

Best Answers:
    It's real large post , hot reply . Just hello all .

Rice, Apr 5, 2009 IP
  11. Next

Next Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sure, you are so credible and seeing as how you are not a customer and thus have never seen my source code. I have no idea why you are lying.

We had a patch up after the first day bypassing the callback to allow all the customers on our side that normally checks the license it just completely said allow anyone. The one only person I think you are talking about had an issue on his server and we tried to communicate and there were communcation issues which he figured it out on his server side though.

Next, Apr 5, 2009 IP
  12. Blogspotter

Blogspotter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @next : How would your server going down pull other sites running your script?
    Is the script not installed on the arcade owners server?

Is there a way to decouple the overgrab script from the arcade owners install?

One more question:
    There was a talk earlier about overgrab being a clone or copy of another script and the overgrab guys (you?) had vanished or didn't responded during that time. What was that? Because I am sure you came out clean since you are out and talking again. I am a potential client.

Thanks in advance for replying.

Blogspotter, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  13. shawnpm

shawnpm Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice sites!

If you need traffic checkout my topsite and banner exchange in my sig. You can also find my other thread that gives DP members an additional 5000 impressions for the banner exchange.

I'd post the thread but mods seem to be trigger happy these days on "thread jacking" warnings.

shawnpm, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  14. lauttehupe

lauttehupe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hallo DP Arcade Webmasters,
    Just wanted to give you a little offer to join up with bannerflux.com,

Bannerflux was started in 2007 and has a very good CTR. 239 active Members, who create a few Million Impressions each Month!

Features!
    ---------------------------->
    Max Banner Performance Database System
    AMD 8 Core High Speed Server
    99.9% Website Uptime
    Over 20 Premade Banners for free
    Anti-Cheating System Database
    Full Stats Overview
    Daily Email Full Stats
    PNG/GIF/JPG/FLASH Accepted Image Formats
    100x100 And 120x120 Image Sizes Accepted
    Even Many More Features Included!
    Referral System, earn 15.000 Free Impressions for each sign Up

Interested?
    15.000 Free Impressions Coupon Offer! Simply Click The Web Address Below to receive your reward for joining www.bannerflux.com!
    If you have a Site with more then 1.000 UV per day, send me PM and i can give you a special promo Coupon, so you get more Free Impressions!

For Questions feel free to send me a Mail:

lauttehupe, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  15. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Laceygirl, Apr 9, 2009 IP
    Blogspotter likes this.
  16. Blogspotter

Blogspotter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If anybody of you are interested, the whole "phparcade script" website is on sale at sitepoint...

Blogspotter, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  17. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Scriptona, Apr 11, 2009 IP
    Blogspotter likes this.
  18. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:

There is a lot of things wrong with the Arcade script distributing business. One of the main one's is that a new script provider comes out every week which creates a bad reputation for arcade scripts.
    The sales drop because people chase useless fads like Mochiads.......and then no matter what you do you can't get any customers no matter what you offer. After a few months the "here today, gone tommorrow" scripts leave and the big providers stop promoting and just sit, then the sales start to come back and then before you know it, guess what happens again?

Because of the recession and other reasons I shouldn't say it is taking longer. Those guys are selling because they don't got any sales.

Seriously, I've been promoting like nuts, I just came out with an amazing new version, lots of money spent, and support so fast and good, but still I can't get a solid thing going.

Another crappy thing is that most people are just spending into "get rich now" scams instead of getting websites and trying to make money from them.

Laceygirl, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  19. dan2008

dan2008 Member

Best Answers:
    I like phparcadescript ,but price is too high. I think it's much competition in this area,good scripts like Arcadem Pro with lower price . Maybe if prices go down more sales are coming.

dan2008, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  20. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Man, read their listings. They make 2000-3000$/month which is good so what is the reason for selling ? They even both were listed in the same day. Is that a coincidence ?

read the stats that phparcadescript owner listed about his sales

When he raised the price from 30 to 45 he kept the same sales volume while getting more income (extra 1000$/month)

Once you make good reputation with a product the buyers become confident about what you are offering and the price doesn't matter that much.

Scriptona, Apr 11, 2009 IP