1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this really the economic crisis?

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by 1mtxmarketing, Mar 15, 2009.

I have experienced some serious breakdowns in adsense revenues.
    Right now I'm trying to refresh all ads from adsense to find out where the error comes from. But please take a look at the screenshot. It shows a one-day revenue from february and from march.

My assumption:
    -economic crisis -> advertisers pay less than before
    -invalid clicks -> many clicks come of course from the website's company, google my not like this, I can't avoid it
    -too high CTR? -> google doesn't count the clicks coming from same IP adress?

Any feeback is appreciated. I'd like to post the link to the site, but I don't have 10 posts yet :)

Attached Files:

1mtxmarketing, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  2. JGK

JGK Member

Best Answers:
    Hi 1mtxmarketing,

The 404 impressions this month, and even the 711 from last month, aren't enough of a sample size to draw any significant conclusions.

I'm a little confused though, are you saying that those figures are averages per day from that month, not the monthly totals? I'm unaware of any way to make my account show that (I have to make it in a spreadsheet). If those are daily averages, then we're talking about a little larger sample size, but still not that much, really.

Mine still vary even from week-to-week, with larger samplings. However, I find that monthly rates are fairly similar (trending slightly downward, but the point being that they're not jumping all over the place).

JGK, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  3. 1mtxmarketing

1mtxmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply. I will test and check the next weeks.
    In adsense reporting section you have to go down at the bottom, there it says "quick reports" and I can select "last month per day". Same for current month.
    Hope you can find it

1mtxmarketing, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  4. JGK

JGK Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks! I may actually check this out. :)

Also, do you have a lot of repeat visitors? That may affect the rates quite a bit, if you do.

JGK, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  5. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    Invalid clicks are counted, they just do not earn.
    Advertisers not paying as much would affect earnings, but would it make people not click? I haven't seen a drop in clicks in my studies.
    Too high CTR? this is pretty much the same as the invalid clicks situation...multiple from same IP would be tallied in the clicks column, but no earnings would be earned.

When CTR drops, you need to look at the ads themselves. Are they relevant?

By the way...since you show impressions, clicks, and earnings in your screenshot, there is no need to block out the other two columns because anyone with a calculator could figure them out very easily. Posting the screenshot as you have is actually a violation of the Adsense TOS. Probably not much chance of any ramifications but I wouldn't take the chance.

Adpubster, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  6. Gabung

Gabung Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes reducing our google ads could increase our earnings and would avoid us from smart priced.

Gabung, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  7. welivethis

welivethis Peon

Best Answers:
    ^ how do u mean when you say smart priced

welivethis, Apr 10, 2009 IP