1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's Your Average CTR on Content Network?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by diggo, Apr 6, 2009.

I have one campaign that averages around 2.0% CTR, which I think is great. But I just started a new campaign a few days ago and I left the content network on, and my CTR for the new campaign is 0.04%!

I mean, that's only 1/50th of my other campaign! Doesn't seem to be right.

Just wondering, what do you consider a good CTR on the content network? Do you put a lid on the campaign if you experience a poor CTR?

diggo, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  2. hbl

hbl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your CTR on the content network is important because it measures the performance of your ad on a content site. In comparison to search, the CTR on content will be lower than on search, but this will not affect your search Quality Score. The other important difference between search and content is that content has way more inventory than search does. If your ad is placed on one site and has low CTR, there are thousands of other sites left to try. In the end, it is usually easy to find sites that will perform well.

So to wrap things up, CTR matters on content, but not nearly as much as it does on search. If you are happy with your conversion rate and cost per conversion performance, then you wouldn't worry about a seemingly low CTR.

hbl, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  3. TopNotchServices

TopNotchServices Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    2% on content network is freaking amazing.

Good is 0.5%
    Very good 1%
    WTF the is LEET is 2%

Hope the traffic is converting for you

TopNotchServices, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  4. aunt bessie

aunt bessie Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with TopNotchServices - we average about 0.5% on our content ads. The conversion rate is lower than search but we bid much lower on content - sometimes 10x less than search bids so it is still worth it.

aunt bessie, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  5. BlackhatVault

BlackhatVault Banned

Best Answers:
    Well It does not really convert well for me.. By the way, what are you paying as your cost per click.

BlackhatVault, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  6. diggo

diggo Peon

Best Answers:
    I am paying around $0.20 on my good campaign.

For the new campaign, I started my bid quite high ($0.70) and even moved it up to $0.80 with no success. I recently reduced my bid back to $0.60 and although the CTR has increased a bit (up to 0.32%), the impressions are way down, and I'm only recieving 15-20 clicks/day now.

I really can't work it out, because both niches are similar in size...yet one campaign gets 500 clicks/day and the other gets 20, while paying 3 times as much! lol

diggo, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  7. DreamMachine

DreamMachine Peon

Best Answers:
    2% is amazing.. What's your ad? Must be something like "$100 free money just click here"

DreamMachine, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  8. TheRazor5

TheRazor5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    On the content side the CTR is always pretty low, usually under the 0,5%, so don't worry that much.

THe best I got was 2,05% on the content side... not bad compared with the average 12,5% I get on Google's Engines.

Have a Great Day!
    TheRazor

TheRazor5, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  9. TheRazor5

TheRazor5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lol You again with the Booster thingy. :p

Man... you really should learn how to sell your shit.

10. TheRazor5

TheRazor5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are a freakin bot... 16 posts all the same. :p

11. ppclabs

ppclabs Peon

Best Answers:
    Content network CTR varies widely by site placement. It really is not possible to discuss averages and have them be meaningful. I have run highly profitable campaigns with CTR averaging as low as 0.10%. I've also seen CTR as high as 1%+ for certain ad groups that get prominent placement on a relevant site.

Your CTR will depend greatly on your market - is it a general interest market with ads appearing across many unrelated sites? Or is it a highly targeted campaign where you are advertising on sites specific to that niche?

ppclabs, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  12. diggo

diggo Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a specific niche, which is why I expect the CTR to be higher.

diggo, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  13. bogleg20

bogleg20 Peon

Best Answers:
    For the campaigns I run on the content network, I usually get rid of the ones that have under .05% CTR.

bogleg20, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  14. thesharc

thesharc Peon

Best Answers:
    Right now I have focused a program (20 campaigns) for a large company that produces online legal docs to almost all content network (the competition is very high and costly on the search network).

My CTR is about .65% but the issue is that I am incapable of changing the website and the user experience, which is killing my conversions. I even have one campaign with a 3.14% CTR for April, but my cost to advertise is actually higher than my sales.

One recommendation I might make is to create banner ads if you are going to use the content network. I'm getting 1-2 ad rank positions for all of my banner ads, with a solid 1-2% CTR.

thesharc, Apr 28, 2010 IP
  15. clbyodo

clbyodo Peon

Best Answers:
    The average Ctr on content network is 1%.

clbyodo, May 1, 2010 IP
  16. ChadH

ChadH Peon

Best Answers:
    2% on the content network, assuming you have volume with it, is quite good. I typically hover around .75%-1% and make good money via Content Network.

ChadH, May 1, 2010 IP