1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Honestly I'm sick of Web Design.

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by RainbowGradient, Mar 27, 2009.

1. faust1611

faust1611 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wow got me attention there folks.

faust1611, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  2. kemengr

kemengr Peon

Best Answers:
    It's true you get bored after some years doing the same thing again and again. But I would never call my clients 'stupid'! After all they pay us. I try to pass on my art to others who want to learn. Like becoming a teacher. Even in my profession, I try to train my subordinates - it gives a sense of expertise on the subject. Then it just reduces to giving advice and overseeing the work of others, correcting and shaping them. It helps in moving up and you enjoy your work multiplying and expanding in a shorter time.

kemengr, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  3. RainbowGradient

RainbowGradient Peon

Best Answers:
    Less than two hours before it's supposed to be up and so far no luck. Our smart coder guy can't get the site working on these servers they've supplied us after telling us we'd get GoDaddy. And if we had GoDaddy it would be sooooo much easier. The current server is giving us access errors telling us we don't have permission. When we call the hosting service they say we have full permissions. Oh yay!

RainbowGradient, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  4. kolier

kolier Active Member

Best Answers:
    Clients aren't stupid.
    Just problems of time, people can not breath while they are speaking. (U can try :p)
    Everyone have the right to select the perfect job for themselves, do forget!

kolier, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  5. ErikJ

ErikJ Peon

Best Answers:
    like anything iin life if your not into it and it isn't benefitting you then dont do it. Move on next simple as that

ErikJ, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  6. zukinaru

zukinaru Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i also think like you, i just want programming & web be hobbyst but NOT job...

like my old bro, he have job that no need prog and other complex things, but get more $$$$ per month.... but i just wait more time to get that job...

zukinaru, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  7. 007c

007c Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe you should design for game clans/servers exclusively or something. Usually they know a tad more than old folks home managers.

007c, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  8. designedbylucas

designedbylucas Peon

Best Answers:
    I do understand you; I have been doing this full time on my own every single day for the last 2 years. I get clients that are impossible not to say the wrong thing to them. But there is another side to this;

I could be working for a company having some one on my back and always making the same money every week.

I used to work for a real estate web development company. The owner was a %^&^$ and I was been treated really badly. Then on the other hand all my coworkers had a big ego around them.

So my answer is that yes clients are a pain in the back, I tell my wife every day, but honestly I prefer it that way.

You know why our clients are this way? They are this way because we forgot that they are not web designers. They can’t understand.

designedbylucas, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  9. Sapphiro

Sapphiro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well you could join me, I'm building up a team of friends to create our own websites (original sites with our own ideas) just for ad revenues lol. =x

Sapphiro, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  10. RainbowGradient

RainbowGradient Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh gawd. I sent one of my current clients an email about issues with the server they provided. Basically their server is crap and we want GoDaddy like before so we can actually connect to the servers more than 1/5th of the time and the website actually loads more than 1/10th the time.

Well I said a few "rude" things about their host provider. Basically I said they were crap. I also mentioned how we need to ninja the domain name from them when we switch servers.

So OF COURSE the client FORWARDS that whole email to the host service. Basically they don't seem to want to relinquish control over the domain name and give the DNS and crap even though it's our client's legally. Basically because for some reason my client thought it would be appropriate to forward my email questioning the quality of their servers we're stuck in a rut.

If I emailed you saying someone sucked would you forward it to that someone? lol.................. But seriously, their service is horrible. Horrible host, horribly hard to connect to it, called in for help and they just told me RTFM (Read the @#$%ing Manual) and offered nothing. Plus we did EVERYTHING right but still couldn't connect to their crap properly and their servers can't handle our code anyways.

Looks like my client doesn't get their Domain Name unless they want to get into a legal battle now.

I'm sick of my jaw hitting the floor as I'm constantly surprised how.......... clients can be.

RainbowGradient, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  11. mds

mds Active Member

Best Answers:
    Installed and customized a site for freind for a token but now i'm paying it back with constant unpaid support services. If a server experiences downtime, it becomes the designers fault. Can somebody please help me explain to some clients the difference between a web designer and a server downtime

mds, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  12. mbaocha

mbaocha Peon

Best Answers:
    sorry for getting tired. its a pity

mbaocha, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  13. yourrightcode

yourrightcode Peon

Best Answers:
    You know what,why dont you think about teaching?Yes,you can teach your knowledge to others for a reasonable cost,or even you can publish some books.Think about it!

yourrightcode, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  14. brianconor

brianconor Peon

Best Answers:
    I am also looking for a same website. So are making these type of sites.

brianconor, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  15. pitagora

pitagora Peon

Best Answers:
    learn how to say NO. It's your right. They messed with the code and broke it, it's not your responsibility to fix for free since it's not your bug. It worked for a year. You need to charge them for this, same way you'd charge them for adding extra features. If you are sick with them and don't want to do it just charge more. If they decide to pay your outrageous fee at least you'll be motivated. If asked why it's so steep tell them you are busy and it's a big effort on your side.

pitagora, Apr 25, 2009 IP