1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's the best way of dealing with scammer types?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Reviewz, Apr 9, 2009.

I wanted to ask your guys opinion, what's the best way to deal with someone that scammed you of a few hundred dollars in Paypal?

I think I just got scammed of a couple hundred dollars a few days back.

Opinions please? What do you normally do?

Reviewz, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  2. druidelder

druidelder Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on several factors.

1) Were you the seller or the buyer?

2) What was the transaction for (service, item, other intangible good, etc...)?

3) Did you pay using money that was in your payapl account or did you pay unsing your credit card through paypal?

druidelder, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  3. Reviewz

Reviewz Peon

Best Answers:
    1) The buyer

2) A subscription renewal for a piece of software (hardly used) that installs on your computer. Rather buggy.

3) Money was paid via Paypal balance.

Now having trouble to reverse the payment and recover it. Is a Paypal dispute any use? It seems I need to wait a long time before it escalates. The seller does not respond.

Reviewz, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  4. druidelder

druidelder Peon

Best Answers:
    Chance are you will not win the dispute as PayPal sees that as a non-tangible good. Since you did not pay with a credit card you can't do a chargeback. There's not much you can do except hope PayPal refunds it, but not likely.

druidelder, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  5. Romanorc

Romanorc Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you say that it is not as you expected, then you lose automatically, if you say you never received it, you may win and get a refund.

Romanorc, Apr 10, 2009 IP
    Reviewz likes this.
  6. Reviewz

Reviewz Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a very helpful piece of advice. I know digital goods are always troublesome in Paypal....but I thought Paypal would always support the buyer. Looks like in the case of digital goods, they do not.

Thanks a lot. Rep added.

Reviewz, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  7. weboweb

weboweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Were you actually defrauded, or did you just forget to cancel your subscription?

If the former, act quick so the scammer doesn't have a chance to withdraw the cash. You'd need to provide more information (did they not send the item)? if you want an informed recommendation on how to handle it.

weboweb, Apr 12, 2009 IP