1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

One link to rule then all

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by inet, Apr 9, 2009.

Which website do you believe that if you create a link for will be the most effective for your website in the SERPs (Search Engine Ranking position)?

Please submit the URL and not just the name of a website.

Here is one that has assisted me in out of the Google sandbox and page 1 in Google for the keyword 'flip video review'.

First you need to create a Google account:

https://google.com/accounts

Use legitimate details as best as you can:

Once logged the browser cookie will keep logged in and then go to this URL:

http://www.google.com/s2/profiles/me?edit=h

The most important thing here is to be non-spam. Use what will be perceived as legitimate details to fill it in. Google removes spammy profiles.

Within the 'About Me' page include your anchor text keyword. See a profile I created here:

http://www.google.com/s2/profiles/118367368778878718316

Include links in there that are to Google based services, they love it when you link to them i.e. Youtube, Picasa, gmail email address, etc.

Find random dofollow blogs that are PR3+, they do not have to be relevant at all, the PR3+ just means that the spider will get to your profile page quicker and obviously give it some weight.

Do a search in DP for 'dofollow' and you will get loads of threads.

One you go to the blog make a meaningful comment and include a link to the profile. In mine I have used the name as the anchor text. The important thing is the linkback, DOES NOT NEED TO BE 'ANCHOR TEXT' OR RELATED.

Aim for 3 - 10 backlinks.

For every 10 backlinks to the profile page, for every 3 backlinks to the profile page do 1 backlink to one of your website pages.

Here are the links to this profile page:

http://profy.com/2008/02/27/blogged-wants-to-help-you-find-better-blogs/

http://www.marketingpilgrim.com/2009/03/social-networking-surpasses-email-popularity.html

http://laurelpapworth.com/non-engagement-seth-godin/

The first one got me on more pages from the site in other search engines since it got picked up from 'recent commentators' widget.

See the comments from Arianna colt.

Now for you to give some examples to the community.

inet, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  2. DJMC

DJMC Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo Directory?

DJMC, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  3. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Providing the URL would be good

inet, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  4. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yup. otherwise what is the point

inet, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  5. webtwist-design.com

webtwist-design.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I think this post deserve some rep. So here it comes :)

webtwist-design.com, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  6. Earnest01

Earnest01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a tiny correction: i believe SERP stands for search engine results page :). The meaning is still there, however.

Earnest01, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  7. version2

version2 Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm clever idea, I cant see any comments on any of those posts though?

Are you saying link back to your google profile page which then links onto your other site?

And why do you link to a google service, is this like buttering google up a bit?

On the threads that you comment on, do you put your site in as the google profile page?

version2, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  8. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats mighty kind of you :)

inet, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  9. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hmm clever idea, I cant see any comments on any of those posts though?

Look for the ones by Arianna Colt, I checked them before posting.

Are you saying link back to your google profile page which then links onto your other site?

Correct, the reasons for that is that I want to give weight to a page using random backlinks which look totally natural. At the same time the profile page is controlled by me to some extend, the number of links that leave that page are decided by me and can not be contaminated by other links that are beyond my control. Most important being the 'anchor based backlink'

And why do you link to a google service, is this like buttering google up a bit?

Absolutely, I have been using Google from the outset that they launched back in the early 90's and was an early user of gmail, google account, etc. When every I have applied for a Google product that is beta or alpha I get accepted whilst I hear others still waiting. Does Google give weight to their own products, damn right! If we look in the SERPs when videos appear you will see that Youtube videos are given space if they exist relating to the keyword, however if another video providers video is getting more hits, views, backlinks this will rank higher. but in the first instance they will go with Google video or Youtube.

On the threads that you comment on, do you put your site in as the google profile page?

That is correct, the backlink must go back to the Google profile page for the spider to follow. If can be just a URL, however I have experimented with strong keyword {not related to my main site} and seen spiders come over to the main site quicker. I am assuming the reason is that Google stores and monitors keyword trends and is always looking for fresh content.

Example when cisco bought the 'flip video' main company last month a lot of tech blogs were talking about it, the keyword comes under the radar; starts appearing in a lot of places. You start to include that keyword in any page i.e. in a comment, related or not Google will want to know what is being written. Once over at the page it will assess what is going on title, h1, h2, Semantics, etc , if nothing is related then it will not give that page any ranking for that keyword. It will however find the anchor text and follow that link and find the main page and start the process. This strategy provides two objectives 1) faster indexing 2) The progression of the ranking of the main page for 'flip video'

inet, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  10. version2

version2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a clever idea, sorry If I am asking stupid questions. In the past I have just blogged and the traffic has followed, I still get the traffic but now I am becoming obsessed with the idea of PR.

So you go to a blog, and do you link to your profile page in the blog itself, just hyperlinking your name at the end?

version2, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  11. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There a two places that you can possibly include a hyperlink. The name in the comment section or the actual comment area.
    The best position is the name for this kind of strategy, since you can use any name linking back to the profile {as most comment boxes will ask for a website url that is identified with the name}. This will allow any comment without thinking about including the linkback in the comment, since you want to really just leave the comment and move on and the moderator to approve as soon as they see it.

However this rarely becomes an issues, you just leave a comment and include what is like a signature, thus:

{comment}

Azzam
    ------
    My Anchor Text
    Make EveryDay Special

The dashed line will signify that there is a signature below.
    The URL for your profile in an anchor text.
    A charitable quotation.

This type of sig will rarely get dismissed by a moderator as long as you only include the one link in the comment box and the comment to have so meaning.

Here is a test run I did.

http://www.drclas.harvard.edu/revistaweb/1960s/peacecorps/forster

This is a PR3 blog comment on a .edu domain. The actual comment from 'Amanda' is mine linking back to kivo.com using the anchor text 'loan'.

The comment had to be moderated, although this is an type of keyword that is extreme spam; the moderator was satisfied with the comment. Sure it was linking to kivo therefore had the legitimacy that is needed, but I doubt the moderator went over to check the anchor, nevertheless just including a signature that goes to clean profile page is sufficient.

What you must bare in mind that the profile page is on a subpage of Google and others that I use are high ranked site, I have collated approx 160 so far, all above PR4 - PR9 and therefore are indexed rapidly and very in-depth linking are spidered.

The reasoning and the logic is not PR it is the indexing by the spider and the weight Google will give on the basis of the main site that the profile page belongs to. PR will ascertain that the page has weight and will assure you the indexing that you need.

Here is proof of the importance of the authority site:

A quote from an ebook:

"You may have heard from people that do not have complete knowledge about Search Engine
    algorithms, say that leaving your link on an “inner page” that has a low or 0 Page Rank inside of a high
    Page Rank domain will do your link no good. This is completely false."

Assuming this is your profile page.

Matt Cutts, the head of Google’s webspam team was asked about above statement, but he couldn’t give
    a straight answer due to the question being too close to Google’s algorithm. You will find part of the
    interview below.
    “Stephan Spencer: OK. So, I guess, a follow on to that would be: a .edu and .gov link, and so forth, has,
    typically, a more pristine link neighborhood, so it is not just about the PageRank, right? The link
    neighborhood comes into play.
    Matt Cutts: That is a little bit of a "secret sauce" question, so I am not going to go into how much we do
    trust that sort of stuff.
    Stephan Spencer: OK. I am going to slap my wrist now. Ouch, ouch!
    Matt Cutts: [laughing]”
    For the entire interview: http://www.stephanspencer.com/search-engines/matt-cutts-interview

inet, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  12. UpL0ad3R

UpL0ad3R Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, I don't get, why can't I just my home page link when commenting in blogs??

UpL0ad3R, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  13. Devilfish

Devilfish Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the valuable tips inet!

If you use your homepage when commenting on blogs, you are only passing juice to one url. If you use the google profile page as your website for the comments, all the juice gets passed to your profile page. You then control how the PR juice is distributed to your other sites, so all your sites are benefiting from the blog comment instead of just one.

Devilfish, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  14. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the input and contribution. This is one of the outcomes that can be achieved, but this is not the objective here.

Run the 1st post scenario through your head a few times.

I mention that with every 3 backlinks to the profile page 1 backlink should go to your site, so you are getting backlinks to the website directly.

This method however is giving weight to a sub-page of an already authority site {see previous post and comment by Matt Cutts for reasons why this is important}.

1) You are increase the speed of indexing of the sub-page {profile page}
    2) You are giving weight with the backlinks to sub-page from amongst the pages of the authority site.
    3) You are creating an authority page to give backlink to your main site with the keyword. Although not the homepage, in time with 10 backlinks it will a significant value as an authority page.

PLEASE NOTE:
    Without building any of these backlinks to sub-page, Google will give you weight for the keyword {see previous post and comment by Matt Cutts for reasons why this is important}, however the intent is to get the indexing by the spider quicker and the have even more weight with this sub-page.

As mentioned I have 150+ authority sites, I intend to give significant weight to a sub-page for all of these sites which will see the main site in the 1st page of Google for a high competitive keyword.

inet, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  15. raw100

raw100 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a very valuable idea. But Google as usual might find out about this and make amends.

raw100, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  16. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I appreciate the comment, however there is no basis for the argument you pose; this is totally white hat, you could present this method to Google and it is unlikely that they would do anything about.

If you are using a social network or have you own website and you are asked to provide your name and website URL, then you will provide one or the other. More and more frequently people are providing the details for facebook, twitter, etc url's. As for providing a backlink to your website has been done for decades, if you talk to someone and want them to know more about your service you give them a business card..

The concept I propose is not new, it has been applied for years. The ultimatum is that if your main site does not have good quality information in comparison to competitors then Google can/will push you down the SERPs. This is determined by visitor numbers, bounce rate, etc. I have experienced this many times over.

Basically build the links and produce a killer site and Google will reward you.

The 'flip video' review site has dropped since I have not built more linkbacks and need to add more quality content

inet, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  17. Objects

Objects Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thank you very much inet for this great valuable idea. I will put it in action immediately

Objects, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  18. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just to make you guys aware that I put a bid on Rentacoder for 2002 backlinks and received 12 bids in a few hours.

Here is the following that I have asked for:

"You will be provided with an excel sheet with a list of 143 website addresses.
    For each of these 143 website you will be given screenshots of exactly what you need to do to create backlinks from those sites.
    These screenshots are descriptive and completely show how to register, set up profile, include information, create the backlink.

You will be provide with the personal information that need to be added to each profile i.e. name, address, age, occcupation, interests, etc.

Some of the websites require you to write a short blog post.

The objective is to make the profile pages look real and not spam, and each of the posts will have the main keywords as anchor texts. 4 keywords will be provided.

On completion each of the profile pages (total 143) where the backlink needs 10 backlinks from dofollow blog posts that are PR1+. These blog posts do not need be related and the anchor text used does not matter.
    For every 10 links that go to the profile page, 4 dofollow backlinks need to go 1 of the 10 pages on main website, these will be random words i.e. click here, URL, check it out, etc. The URLs for the 10 pages will be provided.

In total:

143 profiles created.

143 x 14 = 2002 backlinks {one link in profile page not included}

Please see attached screenshot of link building scheme, ignore the calculations; calculation provided here is accurate.

You will be provided the tool that will find dofollow blogs, if you have your own tools then fine. Dofollow blogs do not need to be related, but PR1+

You will provide one excel file that shows the completition for each profile. The exact URl for profile page, the URLs from were the 10 backlinks come from and the URls of the 4 backlinks to the main site.

This is a task based job that just requires the time to do it. All tools needed are provided, PDF with screenshots on exactly what you need to do, follow the instruction and you can not go wrong.

Easy money!"

I received a bid for $100 with a 20% expert guarantee. This means the coder will put down 20% and forfeit if he does not complete the task. He is Romanian and his English is upto scratch. As you can see from the above I will provide the coder with enough tools and guidelines to get the job done, this is pretty much a 'get the task done' type of work. I did receive some samples from coders that have done work before in the region of $150.
    I think this is a fair price to pay.

What I should mention here is that I am using a tweaked version of the 'thesis theme' for wordpress with a selection of 12 - 15 plugins that are specific for SEO or to make the site function for the SERPs. I am highly confident in this theme and have seen nothing like it on the market.

Take a look at the setup here:

Joomla templates {this is the first anchor text created for this site :) }

There is only one content article on there as I was doing a test. There a 5 key pages missing i.e about us, policy, sitemap, helpful articles. contact us. Once the site is complete I will drop a post here. It intends to be a review site.

inet, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  19. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here is a quick video I did on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4HNtwXNucw

This is how to build a sub-page for ehow.com, which is a PR 7 site. There is no voice just directions, but I recorded in HD screencast, so the quality is top marks, Just click HD :)

And if you did not notice, I posted the backlink for my site above in the last post and include a youtube video in this post. This is done deliberately to get some Google love when they scan this page.

That sub directory is not in Google yet, but it will be very soon.

inet, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  20. tata668

tata668 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    inet, I really appreciate your advices! That Google profile link is very nice!

But sadly your ehow tutorial is useless because the ehow profiles are dynamically loaded using javascript. Search engines won't see the links.

Keep on the good work! I'm a fan of your posts!

tata668, Apr 11, 2009 IP