1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Holy CRAP!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Defcon1Media, Apr 7, 2009.

Wow, I have been learning seo techniques from everybody here and a couple of days ago I think I may have got it. Yesterday I had a total of 150 unique hits and that's how it has been since I started the site about a month and a few days ago. Some days I get more depending on how much content I add and how much I promote on the side.

Today, I have 15598 unique hits.

My jaw dropped, like whatttt?! Haha, I do want to thank everyone here for all of the tips and everything, they did come in use =).

Defcon1Media, Apr 7, 2009 IP
    tata668 likes this.
  2. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hits don't mean anything. You can have 1000's of hits from bots crawling your site.

What you want ot look at is unique visitors. Visitors that represent real human eyeballs visiting your site.

internetmarketingiq, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  3. Defcon1Media

Defcon1Media Active Member

Best Answers:
    My fault, it is, now 15,603 unique visits and 16777 hits.

Didn't mean to put hits in there.

4. GreatWebSuccess

GreatWebSuccess Peon

Best Answers:
    Have any SEO tips to share with all of us who may be struggling? heh

GreatWebSuccess, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  5. Defcon1Media

Best Answers:
    Private Message me and I will give you the techniques I used.

6. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WTH? You just said you've been learning from everyone here. Why would you not share your techniques with all? Why so secretive? LOL

A little black in your hat? ;) hehe

Canonical, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  7. Defcon1Media

Best Answers:
    Haha, I'd rather talk in PM and try to help anyone who would like the advice, I never got advice from anyone, I just read articles around the web and tips people posted on here.

All in all it takes time and effort but it is so worth it.

8. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    You are a smart cookie. Good comprehensive mindset. I am in awe!

BadBoyzStudioZ, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  9. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL My point was... What if everyone was like you and refused to post their tips in forums like this and on their blogs and on their sites? What if people didn't write articles about SEO for you to read? Learning SEO would have been MUCH tougher for you.

I was somewhat joking and saying it mostly for others here who might benefit from your insights. I might also pick up something even though my full time job is SEO. It's just a lot easier to write it once for all to read than to try to PM your thoughts to 1000 different forum users. Each person you PM doesn't get the benefit of hearing the discussions you've had with others you've PMd. They do in a post.

I come here to not only learn a little here and there, but to give back like the way others taught me by posting in the past.

/shrug

Canonical, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  10. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah... but SEO is like a "secret" society. It's all about grunt work anyway, for the most part. We all know that. But SEO guys are obsessed. That is what makes them SEO guys... Right?

11. bluebenz

bluebenz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if I priv messg you, don't you ask me to pay some bucks ?
    just kidding..

bluebenz, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  12. Defcon1Media

Best Answers:
    Lol, I am not charging anything at all, I am no SEO god, I am fairly new to it actually.

I've got all of the time in the world to chat with people about it tonight, or I would have posted it in here.

13. lindamood1

lindamood1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    ok what is the url which get this good hits

lindamood1, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  14. dmvictoria

dmvictoria Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the reason that people don't come full out with the SEO goods is that some people just don't care or have manors about using the techniques properly and just end up starting an all out spam fest. These very few people ruin it for the rest of us; e.i. the growing prevalence of "nofollow". Its best to keep everyone guessing just enough to weed out some of the lazy spammers.

dmvictoria, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  15. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Plus, selling a mystery is the key. If everyone knows how to do it, then you can't sell it as easily. Take web design. Any dork with a brain can build a website these days. Web design work is harder to find than it was 10 years ago.

16. teamnirvana

teamnirvana Active Member

Best Answers:
    We would definitely wish to learn a thing or two from your site too. Mind sharing the link with us?

teamnirvana, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  17. ExtremeData

ExtremeData Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You've got all visitors form google ?Are you sure someone not added a link to your website on another website with some traffic ?
    Why you don't post here "the method" ?

ExtremeData, Apr 8, 2009 IP
  18. Defcon1Media

Best Answers:
    Like I said, if you want help, PM me. If you don't like it then it is not my problem? I am doing people a favor, if you want to sit here and bash me, it's cool. I don't need to waste my time.

Defcon1Media, Apr 8, 2009 IP
  19. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Be cool Bro, they don't mean no harm.

Look folks. I hired him on to help with http://yourockradio.com He wouldn't take any money, it was like twisting his arm. Now we are good friends and partners and I am sure if you want his information about what he learned he will probably write up more about it soon. He is still learning and was really excited about the result.

The reason I was so interested in him is because I did PM him. He told me what he did and I know that he read a lot about it. See, I know about SEO. My problem is I have to manage artists and produce a radio show. I needed someone to help me, and what he told me were all the very same things I am sure you all could find right here at DP. That is where he learned it.

There is no "secret" to SEO man, it's labor intensive work. There are tricks to the trade, but they are things anyone can do. There is no software, no magic bullet, just plain old doing the work.

So give the man a break. Congratulate him for learning a new skill and if you don't want to study yourself he already said he would tell you. So PM him. Maybe he just wants to hear from you personally?

BadBoyzStudioZ, Apr 8, 2009 IP
  20. JahRasta311

JahRasta311 Peon

Best Answers:
    lmao, so we're really supposed to believe that by noon you had 16,000 unique visitors, an average of 1,333 new visitors per hour, yet you only got FIVE new visitors from 12-1?

BS​

JahRasta311, Aug 8, 2009 IP