1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Got PR5 but lost SERP?!

Discussion in 'Google' started by pcbro34, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Brinked

Brinked Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thats what you get for believing everyone on these forums that tell you PR = Ranking. Funny how I always dominated my niche which is VERY competitive and my site went from PR4 to a PR3 and I still dominate over pr5-6 websites. But yeah...keep thinking PR is the key to ranking.

Brinked, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  2. vjlenin

vjlenin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Higher PR doesn't mean higher traffic. In ur case, I guess you should wait a few days before SERP comes back up.

vjlenin, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  3. merlinseo

merlinseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well dont panic and do something wrong
    wait as people said have patience

Also do only relevant one link building with anchor text in this type of situation
    As doing bulk link building in such cases might hamper more

Have Patience and it will be fine

merlinseo, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  4. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:
    One of my pages went from PR 2 to PR 3 and it creeped up to #1 beating a authority site on a valuable phrase. (it was previously #2 right behind them).

With that said some of my sites increased from PR 2 to 4 or PR 1 to 3 and they still haven't gotten their rank back for many of their keywords since march 31st. In fact many dissapeared completely or are many pages back. So Im guessing this is some kind of nasty google dance. I don't know I've never seen it so widespread on even my established sites like this before.

domainer_10, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  5. solace

solace Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think pagerank and search engine ranking position are related very much if at all. It would be unlikely for a pr0 site to be first for a very competitive keyword but having a pr5 does not guarantee better ranking in the search list.

solace, Apr 7, 2009 IP