1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdWords for Content, iPhone, International Advertising

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by hypershadow, Apr 6, 2009.

Is AdWords for content worth it for all products?
    Should you be putting your ads on the iPhone?
    Can your customer's still buy and/or read the information your site from a different country?

These are quick important questions every AdWords advertiser needs to ask themself when they set their account up. It can greatly save you time, money, and work if you don't waste resources on selling a web-game that can't be played on the iPhone while your advertising it on an iPhone.

Content network seems like the perfect place to put your ads, since everyone that sees it must be on a relevant page. Well, not 100% always. Many pages that has rich content deter user's value of going to a website thats selling anything at all. You don't want to mistakenly brand your website as a bunk product by comparing it to whatever the content networks putting your ad against on their site.

hypershadow, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  2. stephcren

stephcren Peon

Best Answers:
    i have an iphone, and have some important information to share with you guys.

It is my official opinion that you should NOT display your ads to mobile users!

Two reasons why:
    1)the phone's screen is small. This means that mistakes are VERY easy to make and you will click on things by accident. As an adsense advertiser, this may be good, but for an adwords user this is a bad thing. If I could only count the amount of ads i've clicked on by accident.....
    2)Mobile users aren't 'ready to buy' and will most likely wait till they get home to their pc to make any purchases anyway.

There's my advice guys.

stephcren, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  3. ppclabs

ppclabs Peon

Best Answers:
    There are vast quantities of money to be made using the google content network. You just have to take the time to figure it out.

International traffic can be quite profitable particularly for ebooks or other digital products.

You definitely should not display your ads on iphones or other mobile unless you have a very specific purpose in mind like trying to collect email opt-ins or possibly if you are driving traffic to your own site. Currently iphones do not accept cookies so a lot of affiliate tracking will not work.

ppclabs, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  4. hypershadow

hypershadow Peon

Best Answers:
    I would also suggest that if you do have a reason to target any ads to iPhones or mobile web browsers, make a seperate campaign just for mobile traffic. This can save you a lot of hassle and very specifically target mobile users.

hypershadow, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  5. danay

danay Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with hypershadow, you should have a separate account for mobile browsers. It's a completely different world from pc browsers.

danay, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  6. hypershadow

hypershadow Peon

Best Answers:
    Another tip with mobile phones is not to try to sell things to them. Instead, build brands with your landing pages instead of products. Offer free things to do an an iPhone so they will remember your brand.

hypershadow, Apr 8, 2009 IP