1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will my website articles submitted to ezine count as duplicate content?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by tryingtolearn, Apr 2, 2009.

Hello,

I have over fifty pages of unique content/articles on my website. I was wondering if I submit the articles on my website to sites like enzine if Google will see this as duplicate content? If so are there sites I can submit to like propeller? They just do a short caption of the article and link to my site for the rest. Is this ok?

Thanks for your help,

tryingtolearn, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  2. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I do not recommend submitting your website's content to other websites. This definitely is duplicate content. With ezinearticles, they often outrank the original source because they have such a strong domain. Keep your website's original content for itself.

It would be fine to submit to social bookmarking websites that only publish a snippet. You usually only have to worry about duplicate content when the majority of an entire page is duplicated.

vansterdam, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  3. MistyGirl2000

MistyGirl2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    If I submit anything to Ezine Articles that is from my site then I shorten it slightly and completely re-write it so that it won't cause any duplicate content issues. I do get traffic from them so I think it's worth the time to re-write stuff from time-to-time.

MistyGirl2000, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  4. supercops

supercops Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes this is the way to write at ezines..as they are authority site and everything posted there is considered real ...so make it real before posting it there by chnging a bit

supercops, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  5. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Keep your site unique, I don’t think Ezine would publish it anyway as it won’t pass Copyscape.

Thanks Brian

Brian1970, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  6. fufsky

fufsky Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think it won't be treated as dumplicate content, as when you submit articles, they will link back to your original post

fufsky, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  7. wizlor

wizlor Peon

Best Answers:
    btw, if you have the exact content on your blog, there is a chance that ezine might not accept your submission. Most likely they will only approve after you have remove that article from your blog.

And yes, it is duplicated content, even though it links back to your original post.

wizlor, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  8. £££

£££ Peon

Best Answers:
    Spot on!

I've just been posting about this elsewhere.

Everyone above is actually wrong on this issue when they tell you that this would be considered to be duplicate content, therefore liable to be penalised by Google, it's complete poppycock, an urban myth, which if bandied around by enough people, all saying the same thing, as if it were true, they all actually believe this to be the case when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

You'll be absolutely 100% ok with posting your articles, exactly as they appear on your website/s to EzineArticles and any other article directory that you choose to submit to.

Save yourself a huge amount of time and possible money too, there simply is no need whatsoever to rewrite any of these articles at all.

If you listen to the above advice on the part of many (who should know better), you'll only be costing yourself money and a great deal of time.

For further information from internet marketer's in the know on this particular issue, simply check out this thread for further clarification:

http://www.warriorforum.com/main-in...ssion-forum/40559-shocking-just-ploy-not.html

Or use the Search function there and type into it:

Duplicate Content Myth

90% of content online is pretty much combinations of duplicate content anyway when you truly think about it, just rehashed in any one of a myriad of ways.

Google predominantly wants to know and to see your site being useful to other people, that is the long and short of it.

On your own site, duplicate content is not good, but duplicate content from elsewhere used on your own site or vice versa, no need to worry about it in the slightest, you ain't going to get penalised on that front, no need to worry at all, rest assured of that.

Of course, they'll always be those one's here, especially on this forum, who will argue against my pov and experience, until the cows come home or hell freezes over, but that's just DP for you, it's to be expected.

Hopefully I've just saved you an extraordinary amount of time from rewriting all of those articles and hopefully a few bob too.

Best of luck in the future!

£££, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  9. coolseo36

coolseo36 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    of course...it will be considerd as dupliacte
    u say its unique....and on other hand why are u planning to share ur property with others?
    write different articles for submission purpose those may be duplicate for different article sites...doesnt harm...but in any case ur website content should not match with any other page on web!
    short caption is ok.

coolseo36, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  10. coolseo36

Best Answers:
    See, if u use ur website content for article submission...its not a rocket science to know that it will definitely create duplicate content issue

To be very precise; even if u give ur website link in those articles then although ur site will be considered original and u will be on safer side but on the other hand those articles will be considered duplicate and according to "G"...there is no point in indexing the same content again...therefore ur articles will not be indexed and u will hav NO chance of getting any search engine traffic through those as well as those pages will NOT be count in ur backlinks.(low quality-if count)

So think about the objectives u target through articles submission and u will find the answer whether to spend
    for unique articles as whitehat people belive or not:)

BTW I wonder who gave me "negative reputation" for my post above (terrible advice???) and WHY mate?...i just cant believe...moderators plz check if u find this:(

coolseo36, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  11. £££

£££ Peon

Best Answers:
    A great use of English if ever I saw it!

And this poster feels that he can openly criticise me and my advice both in this thread and recently too, on another thread saying that I don't know what I'm talking about, even though he cannot string a sentence together or spell for toffee?

How on earth is it possible to call yourself an experienced seo guy when your use of English is so appallingly bad?

The above doesn't make one iota of sense in any language. :rolleyes:

Were you drunk perhaps when you wrote the above?

£££, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  12. tryingtolearn

tryingtolearn Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all your help. I appreciate you guys taking the time to help me out on this issue. I would like to keep this post alive. So if anyone else has an opinion please tell us what you think.

tryingtolearn, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  13. Justice O. Omorodion

Justice O. Omorodion Peon

Best Answers:
    Write 2 article a day. Post 1 On your site exclusively and submit the other one to as much articles directories as you wish, no problem. That's my OPINION

Justice O. Omorodion, Apr 6, 2009 IP
    £££ likes this.
  14. coolseo36

Best Answers:
    See i am not interested in doing personal insults and wont like if somebody does it to me...rather i am here to just gain some knowledge from other DP members...so plz talk around the topic...and if its about 'that thread', I just wrote what i felt...my intention was not to abuse you at all...i simply talked about the post of yours that might have smelt like criticism...so if you felt mistreated then i apologize from the bottom of my heart:)

coolseo36, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  15. sherone

sherone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I know the people whoe steal contents from articledirectory.

sherone, Apr 7, 2009 IP