1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help a brotha out... Come take a look at my technology site!

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Ben-AceofTech, Apr 2, 2009.

Hey hey hey!

I haven't been active here in quite some time, and, as a result, my website has been going down the tubes... I have gotten any revenue in quite some time. But the website I run, http://www.aceoftech.com, is my first website I've ever run, and I'll admit, I've made more than my fair share of mistakes.

I recently got around to a new design, and some slick new forums. But I really want your opinions!

Homepage: http://www.aceoftech.com
    Forums: http://www.aceoftech.com/forums/

If you could look at both, then tell me what you guys think. I'd really appreciate the feedback (even if its bad!) and maybe you can ""help"" me out :rolleyes:

Rep will be added for good, helpful reviews... even if they are critical.

Cheers!

Ben-AceofTech, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  2. Ben-AceofTech

Ben-AceofTech Active Member

Best Answers:
    Please...?

Ben-AceofTech, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  3. LeftSideBurn

LeftSideBurn Member

Best Answers:
    Looks good. Slightly underdeveloped.
    Need more content on the bottom of the first page so it doesn't look like it just graduated from 'under construction'. You need to keep the searchers attention with more content or they are clicking the Back button.

WC

LeftSideBurn, Apr 6, 2009 IP
    Ben-AceofTech likes this.
  4. Ben-AceofTech

Best Answers:
    I knew content would be the main thing to get a good grip on. All of my content is uniquely written and can be quite a burden, so I try to keep a posting table of at least twice a week.

Thanks for the words, rep added.

Ben-AceofTech, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  5. stephen082

stephen082 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Technology sites always fascinate me and this site is also not an exception. It looks good but I would prefer some more content on home page. You can extend your "This Weeks Tip, Trick, or Guide" and "Most Recent Extra Bits of Content" section and instead of putting just links to your pages, you can put some content (may be an excerpt of your main article). It's my thinking but choice is all yours. Forum looks good. Simple and elegant.

Best of luck to you for this.

stephen082, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  6. Ben-AceofTech

Best Answers:
    As I mentioned myself, content is defiantly whats needed, and adding at least snippets of articles might be the way to go.

And thanks for your words on the forums! Those took me quite awhile, and I think they are just perfect :)

+Rep added

Ben-AceofTech, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  7. KingTitus

KingTitus Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah looks good, nice design but seems a bit under-cooked, needs more content

KingTitus, Apr 8, 2009 IP
  8. drewbrown

drewbrown Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a good looking site. The first thing I saw was the flash Evernote piece... I love me some Evernote, so I immediately took a liking to the site. Content below-the-fold doesn't look as pretty as the top part of the site, but generally speaking, I like the design, like the content.....
    Good luck!

drewbrown, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  9. blichev

blichev Peon

Best Answers:
    Very nice, clear design. Great effects, especially the hover effect on the top navigation buttons. The titles and the graphics call my attention.

From SEO point of view - you should add description and keywords meta tags.

blichev, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  10. Ben-AceofTech

Best Answers:
    I guess I wasn't aware I didn't have any meta-data in there! I'll try and add some ASAP! Thanks a lot for your comments.

+Rep added.

Ben-AceofTech, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  11. cybersquate

cybersquate Banned

Best Answers:
    if you have thing about seo here are my advice for your forum:
    Stand for http://www.aceoftech.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=66
    h1 = blank
    h2 = check
    h3 = check
    Title = i thing its more good to hack it to be more like this Title Thread - Category Forum - Name Forum so title forum would be a variable... i thing its easy to hack it ;)

i have use this method in each of my forum... sitemap, feed is the next thing... but this one is primary one for me...

Hope it useful for you :)

Regards.

cybersquate, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  12. Ben-AceofTech

Best Answers:
    Hey man, thanks for your input, but if you could help me along here I'd love it. I'm not much of a SEO God, nor am I even close to being one, so when you say "h1 = blank h2 = check h3 = check" I'm pretty confused. Care to elaborate for me?:rolleyes:

And when you say hacking the display... any idea where I can find that kinda stuff? I'm not too bad with guess and check with .html files, but that seems like something that might be a little bit more complicated.

Cheers.

Ben-AceofTech, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  13. Jay D.

Jay D. Peon

Best Answers:
    For the home page, for me atleast, why don't you have short blurbs around your articles with links to them.
    For the forums, why would like to see it match the site. not so much look like you are leaving your site to another site...just my 2 cents.

Jay D., Apr 12, 2009 IP
  14. Ben-AceofTech

Best Answers:
    On the homepage, I'm a little confused when you say have short blurbs around your articles... Because if they were short blurbs for other articles, as opposed to clicking, you could just scroll down :rolleyes:

And on the forums, I tried to keep the looks somewhat similar, but PhpBB3 and Joomla are very different. I'm no professional coder, but I actual thought I pulled off the look very well, I mean, if you look at the banner, its the exact same as the homepage... except for where it says "forums"

Ben-AceofTech, Apr 13, 2009 IP