1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bookmarkable videos

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Astroman, Apr 4, 2009.

Does anyone know of a script or a way to make a program so you can bookmark points in a video, say if you see something you like at 1min 23 secs you can bookmark it and send a link to someone so the video shoots straight to 1min 23 secs when they click on it?

I told someone the other day I don't think it's possible at the moment, but since then I've begun to wonder and think it would be a pretty cool thing to have.

Astroman, Apr 4, 2009 IP
  2. ExtremeData

ExtremeData Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's possible.
    Just make a custom flash player.The player will get a variable form php and the video will begin from the specified point.
    Will be something like this : player.php?time=1:23 (so you will send the url example.com/player.php?video=vid&time=1:23)
    The player will get the variable "time" from php and the video will go to 1:23.
    Also this can be done with javascript I think.

// Youtube have this option so is 100% possible.

ExtremeData, Apr 6, 2009 IP
    Astroman likes this.
  3. Astroman

Astroman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Cool, I didn't know that Youtube did it. I don't actually intend making something like this at the moment but it's interesting to know it's possible. Adding rep. :)

Astroman, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  4. ExtremeData

ExtremeData Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Check a video like this one : youtube.com/watch?v=vU1veIty83c
    You see this comment

KeKeTelovesBrandy (12 hours ago)
    i like da part 0:23

Click on the time ( 0:23 ) and the video will go to 0:23.
    This is pretty easy to implement if you know little actionscript and php/javascript.

ExtremeData, Apr 6, 2009 IP