1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New blog post ranked, acquired links and disappeared from Google

Discussion in 'Google' started by andre75, Apr 5, 2009.

Last week I made a new blog post.
    The content is unique and well researched. It took me some time to gather all the facts and to write this. It immediately ranked in Google.
    I talked about it in a related forum, on linkedin and twitter (nothing unusual) and it acquired a few natural links until it suddenly disappeared from Google altogether.
    Even when I enter the url, it won't show up at all. Only a bunch of related sites talking about it show. What gives? Should I act or wait for it to bounce back?

andre75, Apr 5, 2009 IP
  2. rjianchao

rjianchao Peon

Best Answers:
    i think you can wait!

rjianchao, Apr 5, 2009 IP
  3. webbuilder71

webbuilder71 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should wait. Usually the reason your post ranks at first is because it is displayed on the frontpage, once it leaves the front page the juice disappears.

webbuilder71, Apr 5, 2009 IP
  4. andre75

andre75 Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess I need to clarify a couple of things.
    1. The post is still on my front page
    2. The post doesn't just not rank, it is gone from google. It won't even show up if I type the exact URL in the search box
    3. The term I used to search is not very competitive

andre75, Apr 5, 2009 IP
  5. tmsfactory.com

tmsfactory.com Banned

Best Answers:
    Just leave it for a couple of days, its normal you don't rank atm but just wait and see

while waiting, why do another article (friendly tip)

tmsfactory.com, Apr 5, 2009 IP
  6. AlbertMARKET

AlbertMARKET Peon

Best Answers:
    The same thing sort of happen to me. I think there are a lot of errors in google's new algorithm. My blog Mooladays has always ranked first for the keywords mooladays and moola days, (With the space) but all of a sudden, my homepage completely disappeared although my posts took over rank one. I have also noticed that when i typed in link:(mysitename) it says that it only has 3 backlinks as a week ago I checked, it had around at least 60. I think things will unfold in time, as of now I think it will just be patience, until the sites get ranked in the proper settings.

AlbertMARKET, Apr 5, 2009 IP
  7. andre75

andre75 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Albert. That was some good info.
    Tms: It is far from normal when posts disappear alltogether. It is normal for them to dance around. That is a huge difference!

andre75, Apr 5, 2009 IP