1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content- The Hardest Part

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by BadBoyzStudioZ, Apr 2, 2009.

I remember my first website. I think most of us do. I am sure you can laugh with me about all the animated gifs and hideous designs. Thank you for the memories...

Ten years later and we can pretty much slam home a decent design using braille. With all the tools at our disposal we are in an era where almost anyone with half a brain can whip up a pretty decent property. I am amazed at times about companies that call themselves Web Designers yet their own site is about as boring as watching paint dry. So it is with most copywriting.

I have been doing the SEO bit and realized some things over the years. All this chatter about Google recognizing duplicate content is probably false. Those algorithms are good, but not that good. When we can take a "spinner" and shoot out some half-baked replication of the same article, or in the case of one guy I know who just scrambles it like eggs, it is not just about search engines to me.

One of the most irritating things on the Internet are those AdSense pages. A bunch of useless information designed to fool innocent parties seeking help on a topic. I know some here have a bunch of them. Hats off to you! I don't have the heart for it.

I am reaching out to anyone who needs or wants some quality content for their site. We are talking about good articles and optimized graphics if needed so that your site means business! My charge? Not much. I am retired and have my little music site and want to get some more money together to promote it. You tell me. Since I know many of us are on tight budgets, then I am your guy!

This isn't really an article all about me though. I would like to hear some advice on your thoughts regarding length and density for web content today. I heard that Google has changed some things and I would like to know what you guys are hearing about what articles and content should be like in order to satisfy your positioning. Anything you can tell me would help. I am writing content for my own site and can use all the advice I can get.

Going back to the glory days of those early web designs there is one thing that stands out like a monument even today; content IS the hardest part!

BadBoyzStudioZ, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  2. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess not.

BadBoyzStudioZ, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  3. cd928

cd928 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's probably because you posted it on the wrong page. I suggest you post it here instead.

cd928, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  4. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    This is about copywriting? That is what I am talking about. I am asking questions concerning what kind of work clients are asking for, etc. I guess I did not make that clear. Some writer I am, huh?

BadBoyzStudioZ, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  5. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    :)

I remember my first website that I had made in the year 2000. Those were the days.. Internet was spreading fast, new technologies coming out everyday... :) A great time t be alive and experience those days... :)

My first website was geocities.com/gif89a

You now, I had a blog that was banned out of Google. Overnight, the traffic fell from 500 visits a day to less than 10 per day. I have learned not to mess with Google. IF you're not in the Google database, all the Search Engines in the world cannot save you...

Now, in my opinion, Google has improved their algorithm & fine-tuned it well. You hardly have to worry about keyword density there days...

All I do is make sure the Page Title, H1 Title, File name, Description Tag and the first 100 words indicate what the article is about. Google the word Yanik Silver. His tricks and tips on writing content are excellent...

All the Best to you... :)

Regards

gauharjk, Apr 5, 2009 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  6. stilloutthere

stilloutthere Peon

Best Answers:
    It sounds more like you are trying to sell your services. This isn't the right place for that.

stilloutthere, Apr 5, 2009 IP
  7. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Enough said. I mentioned in passing that I was interested in working. I stated no prices or parameters. If nobody wants to talk about their market experiences today regarding copywriting... So be it. But don't misunderstand what my intention was. Thanks:D

BadBoyzStudioZ, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  8. jdonaldson

jdonaldson Peon

Best Answers:
    Well done...some people don't actually READ what's in front of them.

jdonaldson, Apr 6, 2009 IP
  9. danzell

danzell Active Member

Best Answers:
    Content is the hardest part is true. Especially if you don't have love in it.

danzell, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  10. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for understanding. I wrote that as an article piece. It was intended to show that I am a writer, that I know how to write an article. I was hoping some members would want to discuss content requirements that clients have asked for in the past and how much they were personally asking for certain jobs. Also density of keywords and how they were applying that technique to their clients website, or if they were at all. Standard copywriting does not require that aspect.

I could have simply said those things. I felt that professionals would have appreciated my skills, read the copy, and conversed with me on the subject.

Thank you two for understanding my intention.

BadBoyzStudioZ, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  11. stilloutthere

stilloutthere Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll take comfort in the fact that the second post pointed you to the same section I did, so I at least wasn't the only one.

stilloutthere, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  12. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Take all the comfort you need friend. I am seeking professional advice from professionals. I wasn't selling anything. Apparently professional don't have any advice for me. I will take comfort from that. Thank you.

BadBoyzStudioZ, Apr 7, 2009 IP