1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My 3 year old blog opinions and advice

Discussion in 'SEO' started by version2, Apr 1, 2009.

Okay all, I would like opinions on my blog

http://blog.lottomad.info

Brief history: now over 3 years old, and has a few thousand posts. It's not the best looking site, but three years ago it looked okay. It was designed for one thing, the point is when you visit the site it is very clear that I am promoting one thing, the video plays and the 3 column design means that you can see information on both sides of the posts.

The site gets a lot of traffic and I do spend a lot of time on it, it has become my baby.

About a year ago it went from a PR3 to 0 very quickly, it turns out I was hacked a lot, due to the rubbish hosting company servage (for more info read this post on the amazingly bad servage hosting http://blog.lottomad.info/ab-personal-updates/servagenet-hosting-stay-away)

I never ever focused on backlinks, all I ever did was post, and it got a PR3, then we missed one of the multiple hacks which gave it a lot of spam links hidden away. This is what we think lost it the PR.

It's now all fixed and still gets the traffic (which is the main thing) but how can I now get the PR back?? As what I consider to be lesser lottery blogs seem to be PR2 easy with a lot less content.

I am looking for feedback on PR, as opposed to design. I have posted a lot less posts about lottery news, or what I have done with my lottery business so not sure if this would effect it?

Anyway opinions please??????

version2, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  2. ctopay all

ctopay all Banned

Best Answers:
    ye, it is ture that you keep on updating your post, it is good.
    but how aboiut the backlinks,
    right now, my blog has the same problem, good backlinks is really important!
    :cool:

ctopay all, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  3. version2

version2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm so I need to build some more backlinks?

version2, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  4. Ken_Xu

Ken_Xu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's for sure! Good and quality Keyword Anchored Backlinks is the best solution to leverage both PR and SERP ranking.

Ken_Xu, Apr 4, 2009 IP
  5. astounded

astounded Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd definitely employ a backlink strategy to bring more people into the site. You have more than enough content so it's the logical thing to do really.

astounded, Apr 5, 2009 IP
  6. KainKatarn

KainKatarn Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should consider about the backlinks

KainKatarn, Apr 5, 2009 IP