1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way to market an affiliate site??

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by ExoticCarSite.com, Jul 12, 2006.

ok, I set up a new site, and I'm trying my hand at an affiliate site.

Its complete and done, and online.

Now, I've logged into AdWOrds and set up acampaign. $30 max for the day.

First 2 days I scored successes, for 2 sales bring me $10. BUT for those 2 days, I only spent $4 / day........ even though its set at $30/day.

Irrelevant, but anyway........

I'm after some tips for how I can further market this site for more hits, as I figure theres no point trying directories since it'll be considered spamming, so how do the Affiliate pro's of DP market an affiliate webpage?

ExoticCarSite.com, Jul 12, 2006 IP
    Jelf likes this.
  2. ExoticCarSite.com

ExoticCarSite.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, today I've sold 2 more products, but only earned $5.... even though the sales were of $90 value.

All up I've sold $215US worth of stuff from 4 sales, and only earnt $15.....

2 sales off 11 clicks isn't too bad is it?

I'm averaging about 1 sale per 6 clicks.... Which I figure is pretty good.

I just need to know how I can market an affiliate webpage without a larger expenditure via AdWords / YSM.

Open to suggestions. It looks like the web site/page has a lot of potential to earn more, but I'm in the need to know how to market it. It already is listed in Google, Yahoo & MSN via the URL.

ANy help would be awesome.

ExoticCarSite.com, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  3. longroad

longroad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So all your traffic is coming from the search engines?
    Those sales from a brand new site is very good, I wouldn't be complaining ;)

Start targetting relevant keywords.. post some short articles targetting less popular keywords with around 1000 searches a month.

longroad, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  4. Jelf

Jelf Banned

Best Answers:
    Sounds great must have a good ad so what I would do is target more keywords and spend more money and find a better paying affiliate lol

cheers

Jelf, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  5. suzigeek

suzigeek Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd be a little worried if the norton-products.com is your affiliate site. Most companies do not like it when you use their brand name in the the url.

Especially if your using adwords.

suzigeek, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  6. longroad

longroad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If he hasn't been caught or asked to give it up, then it is no problem ;)

longroad, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  7. ExoticCarSite.com

ExoticCarSite.com Active Member

Best Answers:

lol, you'd know babi gurl :p ;)

In other news:

I've sold another one for the day off of 4 clicks from Adwords. I've cracked down on specific search terms & phrases etc. Its cost me $2 for the day [even though I'm willing to spend $30??????] and earnt $5 for the day.

Why isn't Google AdWords spending all the money I wish to spend for the day? :confused:

I've signed up with YSM and I hope by being outside of the US I can still be eligable? Just have to wait for the reply in the coming days....

ExoticCarSite.com, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  8. cozmogeek

cozmogeek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They're probably trying, but they have no control over your CTR. They're probably giving you as many impressions as they can at the price you bid for those terms. Setting a limit doesn't mean you'll automatically get enough clicks to spend that much money.

cozmogeek, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  9. manager2006

manager2006 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    best way is to make your lists and try to get free traffic from search engine because you cannot pass all your time to spend money to have a smaller income.
    - write a free ebook is one of the best way to have your lists
    - links and articles submission is other way to get rank well in search engine.

manager2006, Jan 10, 2007 IP
  10. JP Sauve

JP Sauve Guest

Best Answers:

That's a pretty awesome conversion, so you're certainly on the right path!

If you're a little bummed at only earning $15 from $215 of sales, you might want to consider running some automotive CPA campaigns. I'd say they are easier to convert, but you're obviously doing a fantastic job on conversions as is... might find some of the payouts better though.

Or if you're sending your surfer to your own page first, you can try filling the page with other auto offers. With a wide enough variety, and links which open in a new browser window, you might end up earning on a couple offers from the same surfer. :)

JP Sauve, Jan 10, 2007 IP