1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blog and Link Building

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by darkdrgn2k, Apr 2, 2009.

How do you use one's blog to get back links?

I'v had this site up and running for almost a year now and PR still @ 0, I tried commenting on forums, blogs wtc.. Webmaster tools shows 70 back links now

but still 0?

any ideas?

http://www.imintrouble.ca/blog/

darkdrgn2k, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  2. linkpopularitymatters

linkpopularitymatters Guest

Best Answers:
    The Google Pagerank value displayed in the Google Toolbar is not the value used by Google internally. That means, if a page where the toolbar shows "0" as Pagerank might have internally a much higher Pagerank, between 3 and 4. The reason for the difference is not clear and we can only speculate the PR value.

linkpopularitymatters, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  3. darkdrgn2k

darkdrgn2k Active Member

Best Answers:
    But if i understand correctly, Google updates PR for the toolbar periodically. From the sounds of it on a thread here in this forum they did so April 1

darkdrgn2k, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  4. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You definitely need more backlinks unless you can get a backlink from high PR pages. It is said that 'one' backlink from PR2/PR3 page is sufficient to get you a PR2/3.

jitendraag, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  5. seohelp

seohelp Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with jitendraag. That is enough to get backlinks from high PR page for getting good PR.

seohelp, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  6. Nancy Kneoteric

Nancy Kneoteric Banned

Best Answers:
    Let me give you a great piece of advise and that too absolutely free. PR is shit. Means nothing and people who profess PR are just trying to mislead you into something that holds no value at all. Stop your obsession with PR and you will be better off.

Let me explain a bit more. The toolbar PR you see on Google spy bar is always out of date and is only updates every couple of months. So every time you look at it, you looking at something that is history.

The actual PR which is stored in data centers is what is used for search rankings. And it is only one of the many factors that Google uses to determine search rankings. On top of this, no one knows how this PR value affects search ranking, and its value in search ranking algorithm.

Why go after something which you know is incorrect, to say the least.

The rest is upto you mate.

Nancy Kneoteric, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  7. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    unless you want a handy 'shorthand' way of representing how 'important' google thinks your site is. Because that's what pR *is*. A representation of something underneath that actually IS very important. What you are saying is that if someone says 'I'm worth 40 billion' it's 'shit' because you want a full list of their assets, their bank balances down to the last cent, their mortgage commitments etc...

just my 10 cents...

contentboss, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  8. weblaunch

weblaunch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Blog comments don't pass PR. Try buying and exchanging links.

weblaunch, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  9. BlackhatVault

BlackhatVault Banned

Best Answers:
    Do follow blogs pass PR. Just make sure the page your are commenting on has some PR...

BlackhatVault, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  10. Marlet

Marlet Peon

Best Answers:
    Lucky for you you have age on your domain now, so maybe you could try increase the blog comments you make and the other forms of link building you do. Also make sure they are do follow sites and nofollow is pretty much a waste of time if you want to get a better PR

Marlet, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  11. kbeus21

kbeus21 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think 70 backlinks will cut it. I started my site a couple months ago have 107 baclinks and still only got PR 0. I am guessing at least a couple hundred are needed.

kbeus21, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  12. enous

enous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. you need high PR backlinks..

enous, Apr 5, 2009 IP
  13. gurtey123

gurtey123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    you need more backlinks and also the quality of the backlinks are important....

gurtey123, Apr 5, 2009 IP
  14. pro.seods

pro.seods Peon

Best Answers:
    IF you want to increase pr of your site you should search do-follow blogs having high deep link Pr rather than finding blogs with high pr.

I had done some blog commenting for a site and it shot to pr3 in 3 months in this latest pr update.

Only thing I did was I got high pr of do-follow blog. It really helps.
    Keep searching in google and you will find a lot of good do-follow blogs.

pro.seods, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  15. lindamood1

lindamood1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    for inner page its difficult to build backlinks u need target home page

lindamood1, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  16. blog8491

blog8491 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    First find related dofollow backlinks, you need get more practice in this area.

blog8491, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  17. jidox

jidox Peon

Best Answers:
    Get only RELATED backlinks and it's works for me

jidox, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  18. dekree81

dekree81 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with jitendraag on the first sentence :). But not agree with the second sentence :eek:.

You see ... my website has many backlinks & is not banned by SEs but it has PR0 :(. Among those many backlinks: I am advertising in one PR3 web directory websites sitewide + plus my link is listed in its directory. I am a "friend" (in friend section; right column) in one PR3 blog.

What happened?

PR is a big mystery. But luckily it is not integrated into Google's algorithm as what linkpopularitymatters said,

dekree81, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  19. ravi246

ravi246 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do regular update with your content part...and make some other good links...next time your PR should be increase by some number.

ravi246, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  20. pro.seods

pro.seods Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes mate you are right! I know it is very hard to get inner page high pr backlnks. But if you search the Google by more specific commands, I am sure you will find loads of blogs having high inner page Pr. There is always a technique to find them! ;)

A general tip

Plus, if you look more closely not all the do-follow blogs list are correct! Many of the do-follow blogs inactivate the do-follow comment signature to no-follow comment signature to prevent spamming. Blogs generally having pr above 6 have such policies. That is why it's time consuming to find a relevant do-follow blogs list with high pr.

I prefer doing it manually.

Also if you post on blogs with high pr regardless of the niche, I think it will still help you get useful backlinks. But the comments you make should be 50+ words and that to related to the article.

pro.seods, Apr 9, 2009 IP