1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IE7 or IE8 is it worth upgrading

Discussion in 'Bing' started by ceejay77, Apr 1, 2009.

I like IE7 and had no problems with it I am reluctant to change what are the benefits of IE8 over IE7 ??

ceejay77, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  2. Sapphiro

Sapphiro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The interface is very similar, except that you can use "InPrivate" to view website annonymously, no direct "add to fav" icon in your browser (it'll be located under your favourites) but I heard it loads faster since some parts of IE8 are stored in your computer if I'm not wrong.

(I upgraded to IE8 the other time, then because my xhtml/css client wanted validation with IE 7, so I stupidly went to install a IE7 standalone and caused all my IE to crash, so I recovered to a backup copy - lol.)

When you've upgraded to IE8 btw, you can still view websites as though you're using IE 6 or IE7 (there's button for that, but I didnt remember :))

Sapphiro, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  3. matik

matik Peon

Best Answers:
    I really like IE8 its like firefox, fast, and quick.

matik, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  4. rypher21

rypher21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    but i still prefer firefox...:D

rypher21, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  5. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    If you must use IE8 (the worst browser on the planet), and that's a horrible decision to make, please do so since it's CSS2.1 support is finally, after more than a decade, caught up to where other browsers were many years ago. However, IE8 still holds back the web and confounds developers from using modern standards and practices.

drhowarddrfine, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  6. danzig

danzig Peon

Best Answers:
    I have heard many people say that IE8 is worse than IE7 in many ways.

One of the main complaints with it is that when you open up multiple tabs everything slows down dramatically.

danzig, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  7. technicallyinspired

technicallyinspired Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer IE8 over IE7 ,IE8 is much secured than IE7.perforamnce of IE8 also icreased when compared to IE7

technicallyinspired, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  8. qazu

qazu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have'nt really used IE8 for that long but thus far it looks good, not lockups yet like in IE7 and no closing and restarting like FF, but like I said, I have'nt been using IE8 that long yet.

qazu, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  9. Saptak

Saptak Peon

Best Answers:
    IE8 is way bettr than IE7
    many alterations are done to it
    and improvement is also on thee rocks
    it is worth upgrading
    but i use firefox much ! coz fast than both

Saptak, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  10. David26

David26 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The ONLY reason I will not use IE7 or IE8 is because it is extremely stupid how they do not place the browser functions next to each other like every browser has used since the beginning of time. The way they have the arrows on one side and the Stop option on the other side of the browser is completely stupid since I have to drag my mouse back and forth across the screen to get to those options. The fact they do not give you the option to rearrange that is beyond stupid as well.

David26, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  11. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    At last they have surely improved with IE8 and yes it seems to be working pretty fine at the moment.
    But ill still go with firefox, because cant imagine myself without those precious FF addons.

Oranges, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  12. feranm_ie8team

feranm_ie8team Peon

Best Answers:
    ceejay77,

Hi my name’s Feran and I am working with the Internet Explorer Outreach Team to help provide assistance to folks about their Internet Explorer.

The Microsoft website: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx?ocid=ie8_sm_a and IEBlog: http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/ will provide you with some great information about IE8 and its new features. Some new features include web slices, accelerators and additional add-ons. IE8, as others have said is also more secure and includes tab crash recovery and InPrivate browsing features. If you decide, you can download it at the first site as well.

This demo site is also good to check out to give you a better idea of IE8 and see how it differs from IE7 http://www.ie8demos.com/tryit/.

I hope this helps!

Feran,
    Internet Explorer Outreach Team

feranm_ie8team, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  13. David26

Best Answers:
    Hello feranm_ie8team, is there anyway possible to give users the option to have the browser icons such as back, forward, stop, and refresh next to each other like all other browsers (including 1E6 and below)? I would use IE8 only if it had that simple cosmetic change.

David26, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  14. callmelucid

callmelucid Peon

Best Answers:
    is it any better than ff though? it sounds better just not good enough for me to switch over

callmelucid, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  15. David26

Best Answers:
    I really do not like how FireFox makes most sites look like crap, especially the form related fields and buttons. Plus the addons are cool, but it seems like every addon I have has a freaking update every two days, so when I want to check a site real quick I am prompted to update about 6 addons. However I do use FireFox sometimes when viewing multiple pages while coding so I an easily pull up phpmyadmin. Plus FireFox is slower than any IE version.

David26, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  16. svrhost

svrhost Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally would say to upgrade to IE8...i use both Firefox and ie8 now..but i find ie8 more stable, as firefox gets a bit slow at times..the only thing that i may not like of ie8 is the amount of tabs you can open..which is quite big but gets unstable :S

svrhost, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  17. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    You may not like those but how is anything else different? It's not and it should not be so give examples.
    Such as what? Name one. Also, isn't getting an update every so often, which improves the add-on, a good thing? It's only a matter of clicking on the upgrade button and it's done. What's so difficult?,
    How so? Wait till FF3.1 comes out. It's javascript engine is 8x to 40x faster than IE8s.

drhowarddrfine, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  18. buldozerceto

buldozerceto Active Member

Best Answers:
    buldozerceto, Apr 2, 2009 IP
    suman817 likes this.
  19. kempstar

kempstar Peon

Best Answers:
    It still hasn't converted me from Firefox, and I doubt it ever will.

I went from a Firefox loving period, to Opera, back to Firefox and then Chrome before switching back to Firefox. It's just that good.

kempstar, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  20. ceejay77

ceejay77 Peon

Best Answers:
    IE9 thats interesting did not know there was one I notice the reports on Ie8 are a balance btween those for and those against so may as well dive in and find out,thanks for your views

ceejay77, Apr 3, 2009 IP