1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free PayPal Organizer - easily track your payments

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by David26, Apr 2, 2009.

Hello, this is the very first time I am posting about this new beta script I created. BTW if this topic is in the wrong forum, please do not punish me moderators, if you could tell me which forum is appropiate I will learn from my mistake. Anyway, I created this site because I had a hard time trying to organize my PayPal transactions into categories come tax time. I had to pay my accountant $800 dollars to manually sort and add up all of my PayPal expenses before creating this site. I tried using Quicken and Quickbooks but they are not free, and not really meant to be used for PayPal since they left out the PayPal fees field.

Here is the secure site where you simply upload your .QIF files that PayPal provides, so that you can easily sort all of your transactions:

https://www.funender.com/funizer/

NOTE: This site doesn't collect any information from you or your PayPal account, only sorts the simple information that PayPal provides to you from QIF files.

You can create your own categories, and even enter keywords so that when the transaction contains a keyword that matches a category, it automatically sorts your payments or expenses in the proper category. It only takes me a couple of minutes to import my data, and I am able to see exactly how much I am spending. This year I only had to pay my accountant $120 dollars to do my taxes due to using FunIzer. Please let me know if you have any questions or problems since this site is beta. I plan to add a Financial Overview page that displays a graph on your net worth per month, and a reminder page where you can receive automated emails on events that you have entered. Thanks!

David26, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  2. inrev

inrev Peon

Best Answers:
    david your plugin safety for paypal or just worm or scamm? because verry censitive to put any software on our account money. I m sorry if i was wrong. thanks

inrev, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  3. David26

David26 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, I really do not understand your post but I assume that you are asking if the site is safe to use? If so the answer is yes, because the site doesn't collect any of your personal information or PayPal account information. It basically displays the amounts and the titles of the transactions so that you can sort them.

David26, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  4. David26

Best Answers:
    Just a little update, I took some screenshots to give you a better idea of how it looks.

David26, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  5. campolar

campolar Peon

Best Answers:
    This sure can be an information stealer, more like a phiser but in a more professional way :p

campolar, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  6. Katatonic

Katatonic Member

Best Answers:
    Very nice indeed.

Are we able to purchase this script and run it on our own servers?

Not for others to use, but for personal use?

My main reason being that if I were to rely on your service, I would be relying on you and if any thing went wrong I would be left stranded, particularly with sensitive and important information as this.

Just for your information guys, it relies on downloaded QIF files, provided via PayPal.

It just sorts through the information and presents it to you in a more practical way.

Katatonic, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  7. David26

Best Answers:
    Could you please explain why you feel this way? I am very surprised at the reaction, I figured people would be very happy to have a way to finally organize PayPal payments. The worst case scenario is that someone can see the amount of money you have received. The site doesn't collect any information about you or your PayPal account.

Exactly, thanks Katatonic I am glad to see that you understand how it works. Actually I haven't decided to distribute the script, since I mainly created it for myself and I think that it is the only script in existance that does this for free and with PayPal. However I make daily backups and I have survived through server crashes over the years and managed to save everything.

David26, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  8. campolar

campolar Peon

Best Answers:
    Well i didn't try out your tool...but if it asks for paypal detials including a password, then its a risk of using it, being a phiser...

I wont be bothered to use it, my paypal isn't so busy that i need to sort it out...

campolar, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  9. David26

Best Answers:
    I already stated that it asks for no information. If you cannot understand this I do not know what else to say to you. Basically PayPal only provides info in QIF files such as:

1-1-09 Payment Received $5.00
    1-2-09 Directory Payment $8.00

That is all the info provides, and this site allows you to sort this information and place them into categories. If you view the screenshots it gives you a better idea.

David26, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  10. Katatonic

Katatonic Member

Best Answers:
    No, maybe you don't need to use it...

But at least understand the conceptual idea of it, or at least how it works before making pointless criticism.

11. Katatonic

Katatonic Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, that's you and your data. However things do go wrong and I may not have a back up (since I can't get one if the service is down). Which does happen.

I would really actually like to use this and host it myself on my server for myself only.

I believe in having good security when it comes to my financial data. There would be no other way. I don't like relying on others.

12. David26

Best Answers:
    I am the same way so I understand. I do not like relying on others either. Unless you want to pay a large amount of money for the script, I do not plan to distribute it since I worked hard on it and no other site offers such a script. I really do not understand when you say "you and your data", I was referring to all of my site data that other members use so it is everyone's data not just my own.

David26, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  13. David26

Best Answers:
    Also don't forget, you already have the PayPal QIF files, so in the event which data is lost, you can simply reupload your QIF file and restore everything. That is in the worst case scenario. However this site is totally free, no ads, so I just wanted to help other webmasters but if people have problems with the idea then I really will not stress over trying to sell it. I am mainly using it for myself and saving a lot of money from not having my accountant manually add up these transactions.

David26, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  14. Katatonic

Katatonic Member

Best Answers:
    That's fine, I will give it a shot any way.

Just needed some reassurance from the developer.

15. David26

Best Answers:
    Thanks, please let me know if you have any questions since I know that in a real environment some people come across issues that I haven't considered. I will be sure to address them here and in the FAQ.

David26, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  16. Katatonic

Katatonic Member

Best Answers:
    I'm getting this error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/david26/public_html/funizer/import.php on line 155

Probably say a 100 times on the page.

My data isn't being imported correctly.

Also, you need to add subcatagories.

17. David26

Best Answers:
    Hmm that's odd, I never got those errors even when I tried to break it. Could you please post or pm an example of some lines of your QIF file, and you can replace the real content with fake info just so I can see the layout of your QIF file? Of course you are using the QIF file provided by PayPal? Thanks.

EDIT

Wait hold off, I bet I know the problem... perhaps because all of your categories do not have any keywords in them. I can fix that real quick to make it ignore empty keywords foreach.

David26, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  18. David26

Best Answers:
    Ok, I haven't tested this change yet but it should work. Please try to import again. That is what I like about real environment testing, I didn't think about what would happen if a user created multiple categories without keywords in any of them.

David26, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  19. ru ru

ru ru Peon

Best Answers:
    Cool.
    But i fall in love with buxfer.com already.

ru ru, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  20. mrdesigner77@yahoo.com

mrdesigner77@yahoo.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thank you +ve rep added to you
    i really needed something like this

mrdesigner77@yahoo.com, Apr 2, 2009 IP
    David26 likes this.