1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you increase your google rank?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Itachi2008, Mar 31, 2009.

How do you increase your google rank? i know that there are lots of posts on these but most offer no straight answer at all for example if im trying to increase my rank for a work like "raise monkeys" how do i do this?

Itachi2008, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  2. Lloydblogger

Lloydblogger Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Index your site on google and also in yahoo. Then you must bookmarks you site and submit it on the directory. Make you link building in some different ways. It will rank in google in just 2 weeks or 1 week.

Lloydblogger, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  3. cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Point lots of links to your main page. Get the links to contain keywords you want to target and optimize your website for those keywords in the sites articles. Go for related do follow links found on blogs,website and social bookmarking and linking sites.

cowsgonemadd3, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  4. Random Guy

Random Guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Links and more links. The best links are the ones you have to contact other webmasters for... make some friends in related genres and you'll all be able to rank yourselves better

Random Guy, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  5. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately there is no simple answer to your question. There are lots of ways to make a URL rank for "raise monkeys"... There are literally thousands of things you can do to get you on page one. And it all depends on your particular circumstances.

In general, there is usually no one thing that will get you there. Instead, it is typically the sum of many little things that will get you to page 1...

I'm sure you have heard, "Write good content and get backlinks from relevant sites with link text relevant to the search phrase for which you want to rank." Great advice! Unfortunately, both are frequently easier said than done.

I like to tackle the things I have the most control over first... on-page SEO and on-site SEO. I consider these as slightly different, but BOTH are always under your complete control (unlike getting links from other sites).

Once you've used on-page SEO to optimize your URL (web page) for the targeted keyword phrase(s), used on-site SEO to optimize your site to help that particular URL rank for the targeted keyword phrase(s), then you can begin working on the hard stuff that is not always under your control - getting links from other relevant sites with relevant link text.

Here is a high-level description of the process I would go through when tasked with ranking for a particular keyword phrase.

TARGET A KEYWORD PHRASE (OR PHRASES) AND PICK A URL:
    Each page on your site should focus on ranking for a particular keyword phrase (or possibly 2 or 3 keyword phrases if they are similar). Remember search engines like Google don't rank sites... they don't rank web pages... they rank URLs.

So if I wanted to rank for "raise monkeys", I would dedicate a page on my site to that phrase. Maybe this is an existing page or perhaps it's a brand new page because I don't have any pages on my site about raising monkeys.

Perhaps I might want the same page to also rank for a couple of very closely related secondary and terciary phrases like "how to raise monkeys" and "raising monkeys".

ON-PAGE SEO:
    Most on-page SEO I actually do AFTER the content for the page is written, but I have given some thought to it prior to writing the content (or having it writen). I've already decided on all of the keyword phrases I want to target, I already have a rough outline of the article or whatever is going to be written, and know roughly what I'm going to use for the major elements on the page.

<title> Element:
    Since the <title> element is THE most important element in on-page SEO, I might use <title>Raise Monkeys - How to Raise Monkeys - Raising Monkeys</title>. I put the primary keyword phrase that I want to rank for first, then the 2nd most imporant keyword phrase, then the third... in order of importance.

<h1> Element:
    Since the <h1> element is the 2nd most important on-page SEO factor, I may use <h1>How to Raise Monkeys Made Easy</h1> as my header. Notice the <h1> now has the most importan keyword phrase "Raise Monkeys" AND the second most important keyword phrase "How to Raise Monkeys".

Content:
    Write compelling content for the page. Perhaps it's in the form of an article... Don't worry so much about the on-page SEO of the article content. Concentrate on writing something that is informative and keeps the reader's interest. It should sound natural (not 'stuffed' with keywords) as if you were explaining the process of how to raise monkeys to a friend. Focus on staying on topic and captivating the reader, not on how many times you repeat each keyword or keyword phrase.

You might want to have an introductory paragraph that lays out an outline of the process. Perhaps there are three distinct stages of a monkey's life that require different types of care and stimulation - infant, adolescence, and adulthood. So this introductory paragraph might explain at a high level what 3 'sections' the reader can expect in the article.

If you write your content as if you were speaking to a friend all the while keeping in mind that you're trying to explain how to raise monkeys then phrases like "raise monkeys", "how to raise monkeys", and "raising monkeys" will naturally come out in the 'conversation'.

Other related variations of the targeted keyword phrases like "raise infant monkeys", "raise baby monkeys", "raise a monkey", "raising an adolescent monkey", etc... as well as the keywords "monkeys", "monkey", "raise", and "raising" will also naturally come out in the article.

It's good to throw in different conjugations of verbs instead of just using those in the targeted phrases. Include the singular versions of nouns even when you are targeting the plural version... and so on.

<h2> Elements:
    The <h2> header element is the 3rd most important on-page SEO ranking factor. It's really meant to be used as sub-headers. So it seems logical that I might have 3 <h2> elements in my article... one for each stage of a monkey's life.

All of the <h2> elements do not have to contain the exact keyword phrases from the <title> element. However, if can come up with catchy <h2> subheaders and have them contain at least some parts of the keyword phrases from the <title>, this will help reinforce your targeted keyword phrases.

For example:

<h2>Raising a Monkey From Infancy</h2> contains "Raising"... It also contains the singular form of Monkey. Although this isn't exactly "monkey" it still counts (to a lesser degree) toward helping you rank for "monkeys".

<h2>Adolescent Monkeys Require a Lot of Stimulation</h2> contains "Monkeys" which is a very prominent keyword from your <title>.

<h2>How to Care for Adult Monkeys</h2> contains "How to" and "monkeys" from the <title>.

Keyword Rich URL:
    Although it's only a minor ranking factor, having keyword rich URLs does score you a few points in the ranking algorithm. I would probably use "how-to-raise-monkeys.html" as my page name. It contains both the primary keyword phrase "raise monkeys" and the secondary keyword phrase "how to raise monkeys".

NOTE: Use hyphens to separate words in your page names in the URL. Google prefers this over underscore. No all engines see underscore as a word separator.

Those are some of the major on-page SEO ranking factors that you control.

ON-SITE SEO:

By on-site SEO I mean the things you do on other pages on your site to help the how-to-raise-monkeys.html URL rank. This mainly involves how you interlink pages on your site... specifically how you link to your how-to-raise-monkeys.html URL.

Link Text:
    For example, how you link to a page tells Google a lot about the page. This is probaby the most important thing to understand. The link text used in the hyperlink is probably THE biggest factor (at Google) in determining which keyword phrase the target page ranks for.

You NEVER want other pages on your site to link to the how-to-raise-monkeys.html URL like this:

That is probably the worst link you can ever use to link to the page. You're tell Gogle the page the link points to is about "click here". It's much better to have a link like the following:

This tells Google the page pointed to is about "how to raise monkeys".

Links from Relevant Pages:
    Hopefully you have other articles or pages on your site that are also about monkeys... On those pages you might want to highlight related articles... other articles about monkeys. These would be obvious places to add links to how-to-raise-monkeys.html since those pages are also about monkeys. Remember in the begining I said you want 1) good content and 2) inbound links from relevant pages with link text relevant to the search phrase for which you want to rank. Wallah! Other monkey pages linking to how-to-raise-monkeys.html is a relevant page linking to it.

Varying Link Text:
    Varying link text is very important. If you have 100 pages on your site that link to how-to-raise-monkeys.html, you don't want them all to use <a href="/how-to-raise-monkeys.html">how to raise monkeys</a> as the hyperlink... You want to vary the hyperlink text.

Since my primary targeted keyword phrase is "raise monkeys", I will use that link text the most throughout my site. Since "how to raise monkeys" is the secondary targeted keyword phrase, I would use that link text less than the primary but more than the terciary keyword phrase.

I will also use other variations that are partial matches of the targeted keyword phrases. So I might end up using something like the following phrases and rough percentages:

raise monkeys - 40%
    how to raise monkeys - 25%
    raising monkeys - 10%

with the remaining 25% made up of link texts that are variations of the targeted phrases like "raise a monkey", "how to raise a monkey", "raising a monkey", "caring for monkeys", "monkeys", "monkey care", "how to care for a monkey".

While these don't exactly match, they contain parts of the phrases being targeted or contain words very similar or releted to the targeted words. These will still help you rank for the targeted keyword phrases. Google uses Lexical Semantics Analysis and Indexing techniques to relate the words like these.

OFF-SITE SEO:

This is the hard part... getting links from relevant pages on other sites using link text relevant to the search phrase for which you want to rank... You basically use the exact same link techniques as for on-site (not on-page) SEO... I like to break these external links to your page into two categories - natural links and unnatural links.

Natural Links:
    This is the holy grail of inbound links... Other sites linking to you because they WANT to... because they love your content and/or think you are an authority on the subject at hand. The owner of that site thinks your content is worthy of a link on his/her site because it will somehow benefit their site visitors.

Natural links usually take much longer to acquire, but they are FAR more useful and reap far more benefits than a lot of the cheesy link building techniques described here and used by spammers (such as blog commenting, forum signature links, automated directory submissions, social media bookmarking, etc.)

These links typically remain effective (help you rank) much longer than do some of the cheesier link building methods. They are almost NEVER the target of algorithm changes, because these are EXACTLY the kind of links Google promotes.

The hard part is convincing other sites to link to you... It requires marketing skills, not technical skills. Or you can simply wait on them to come to you. If you write excellent content, it makes the job MUCH easier.

Unnatural Links:
    When you go out an literally place links on other sites back to your own site, I call these unnatural links. That site is not linking to you because they believe your site will benefit their users. Spammers exploit techniques like blog commenting, automated directory submissions, social media, etc.

These techniques generally provide ranking boosts that are short-lived. You are required to continue doing it just to maintain your rankings. You don't get 100 links and forget about it like you can w/ natural links. The very nature of forums, article submission sites, blogs, and social media sites causes new content on those sites to provide a descent boost. But once the forum post, submitted article, blog post, or social bookmark moves off the home page or recent post/article page and into the archives, they provide MUCH less benefit... So it sort of fizzles out over time.

Also these techniques that are used by spammers to farm backlinks are most frequently the target of anti-spam algorithm changes at Google. They might provide you some boost for a while. But as soon as Google finds out that spammers are abusing it and they have time to code a solution for detecting when it's being abused, Google's anti-spam team will roll out an algorithm change the devalues those links rendering them worthless. And all the time you spent building those cheesy links (or paying some guy overseas to farm them for you) goes down the drain.

Links derived from article submissions I consider borderline natural/unnatural links. I consider them somewhat natural because they require you to actually write the content containing the links... unnatural because you place the article yourself on another site made specifically for storing other peoples stuff.

Sorry so long... These are just a few things....Hope that helps.

Canonical, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  6. AlbertMARKET

AlbertMARKET Peon

Best Answers:
    Backlinks from varieties of sites. If you get many backlinks within a site's domain, it will only count as one. So, getting back links from a number of sites is always greater and the ones that you most benefit from, are the ones with higher page ranks than your site. Make sure you are able to link back in any applicable way, and if the link back is dofollow, you are sure to benefit from it.

AlbertMARKET, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  7. abrilward

abrilward Peon

Best Answers:
    apply those SEO strategies on your website like social bookmarking, forum posting, article submission etc.

abrilward, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  8. baxy

baxy Member

Best Answers:
    Link building is the key

baxy, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  9. shaila

shaila Guest

Best Answers:
    All the answer is correct. Google Page rank is based on the number of backlinks. Backlinks are Links pointing to your website from another website. The more back links you have the higher your PR will be. But you need to consider also if the links is related to your site. You can get backlinks through off-page optimization like directory submission, forum posting , social bookmarking and a lot more

shaila, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  10. glennjrandolph

glennjrandolph Peon

Best Answers:
    Create backlinks as much as possible from free bookmarking sites.

glennjrandolph, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  11. kutekutta

kutekutta Peon

Best Answers:
    Link building is the only way to get the SERP for your targeted keyword.

kutekutta, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  12. crysun

crysun Peon

Best Answers:
    content + backlinks ............

crysun, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  13. coolseo36

coolseo36 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are asking the free answer which is there for to sell by SEO Firms.So how can one give you straight and free answer? So I can give you straight answer about it...first you need to decide your Keywords with unique content that r going to be optimized by you so for that you need to do on page optimization of your site.Then you need to go for proper Link Building in that you can have Directory Submission,Article Submission,Social Bookmarking etc as a basic services which tend you to the Google top 10 pages but one more thing..this all can take more than 3 months of time to use maximum resources on web...plus as canonical said above u will have to continue getting such links unless u actually earn few natural links on the basis of ur sites quality

added to ur rep. :)

coolseo36, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  14. seohelp

seohelp Peon

Best Answers:
    This is the proper way for increasing google rank. In short, link building is the best way to get good ranking in google.

seohelp, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  15. rena

rena Peon

Best Answers:
    unique and updated content is the key... will take time to rank but will get constant position on SERP.. like linkbuilding and other promotion method is a shortcut for getting ranked...

rena, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  16. sprabhu

sprabhu Peon

Best Answers:
    just follow all the seo tips.. simple.

sprabhu, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  17. mortgageloan

mortgageloan Peon

Best Answers:
    good post...thanks for this information..

mortgageloan, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  18. btucker

btucker Peon

Best Answers:
    I am increasing backlinks. I do bookmarking, directory submission, article posting and blog posting for getting backlinks. I also prefer to do proper keyword optimization according to services and products.

By doing these things you will get result for google rank.

btucker, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  19. jasoncreja

jasoncreja Guest

Best Answers:
    Generate backlinks for "raise monkeys" text . as many as you can..

we have generated links for "seo" ,"link building" and now we are in top 10 for all of that...

jasoncreja, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  20. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder how long it took you to write that post ;)

Excellent one, and if the OP does take trouble to go through it, there is no reason why he shouldn't be able to improve his Google rank.

gr8liverpoolfan, Apr 1, 2009 IP