1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tnyurl and clickbank?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Egy_lover, Mar 31, 2009.

Hi, can I use tinyurl.com to cinvert my affiliate links into better looking ones? and what is that technique called?

thnx guys

bye

Egy_lover, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  2. SlumDogMillions

SlumDogMillions Peon

Best Answers:
    link masking, link redirection....etc

SlumDogMillions, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  3. LorensS

LorensS Guest

Best Answers:
    Of course you can use tinyurl, many affiliates use this service.

LorensS, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  4. Egy_lover

Egy_lover Peon

Best Answers:
    wow, thnx alot guys, that was halpful
    have a nice day
    :)

5. HarfynnTeuport

HarfynnTeuport Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, I thought you couldn't do that? according to EZA's editorial guidelines:-

Affiliate Links - Affiliate Links are strictly forbidden. What to do? Send readers to your non-affiliate website and then from there give them a link to your affiliate site.

HarfynnTeuport, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  6. googlepwner

googlepwner Peon

Best Answers:
    You can but it bette to metarefresh or clear the referer.

googlepwner, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  7. ryangb74

ryangb74 Member

Best Answers:
    Tiny URL is ok . . . I dont think many people will trust them though as every one uses tinurl -- even on twitter -- so even the most common, average joe computer user knows there is something "hidden" behind a tinyurl.

you can try www.clii.gs.com -- they offer URL analytics and I believe its free. I don't personally like that structure i.e. www.urlredirectname.com/XXXYYZZ

While I still believe it best to actually register a domain name, I mean come on, a .info is only 99 cents -- really, there are other tools I sometimes use which I think are better than tinyurl -- but a domain is always best.

Here are the ones I use to cloak or mask an affiliate link.

1) www.learn.to -- with this one, you can make your URL learn.to/dogtrain or way.to/learngerman(all examples, not mine) -- tons of options and domains. resourcez.com, latest-info.com, and more choices. Small pop up ads are included, but not invasive, and not targeted. There is another site like this but cannot remember it right now.

2)www.Dot.TK -- Free redirect service. register a .tk domain name to redirect to your affiliate link for free. NO ADS! ****** 5 stars

3) www.cjb.net -- I do not use this as much since they put adbrite in to interrupt a potential customer. Can still work. Now, I give it 2/5 stars

Here is a full list of short URL redirect sites: http :// lists.econsultant.com/top-10-url-redirection-services.html

Drawback with all of these: Many Social Bookmarking Sites WILL NOT allow you to submit them as they are considered spam content. DIGG for sure will not allow you to bookmark anything masked behind most URL redirect services. The second level domains are all blocked in most sites, especially the high page rank(PR) ones

PM me if you already have a website, and I can show you how to do this as a subdirectory from your website -- easy HTML or PHP script -- i'll give you both -- but PHP is much easier and faster.

ryangb74

ryangb74, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  8. Egy_lover

Egy_lover Peon

Best Answers:
    ryangb74 : that was really great info thank you very much, im gonna try dot.tk for sure...i don't have a domain name or a website, just free blogspot blogs but thanks for your offer :)

9. antantnz

antantnz Member

Best Answers:
    do keep in mind though - what will the user think when they see a .tk domain? will they want to click on it? have they heard of tk?

reader perception is important if you want clicks ;)

antantnz, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  10. BeirutMarketing

BeirutMarketing Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it is allowed, however some article sites may not allow url redirectors like tinyurl. So it depends on how you will promote.

BeirutMarketing, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  11. ryangb74

ryangb74 Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that's why I'm saying that a dedicated domain is the way to go.

I'm a firm believer in landing pages, but if you need to direct to an affiliate link, get a .99 .info at go daddy, or spend the under $10 on namecheap for a .com .net or .org and just redirect it -- you don't need a website for that and it's really simple.

ryangb74, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  12. BlogSalesman

BlogSalesman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Watch out for .TK ... if you don't send enough traffic in 90 days, they take the domain from you.

I have been using Cli.gs ... because of the free analytics.

BlogSalesman, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  13. peaker

peaker Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend investing in a domain name and simply redirecting it, to the average user it looks above board and one less thing you need to worry about. Nothing worse than people being interested and wanting to click through then getting stumped on what they probably think is a suspect link.

peaker, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  14. flip

flip Peon

Best Answers:
    flip, Apr 1, 2009 IP