1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Am I thick? I am going out of my mind with this link stuff.

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by rollingsta, Mar 30, 2009.

Lol sorry about the topic but it is exactly how i feel.
    I have been working on my website since november. I got a few links and SOMEHOW managed to get on front page of google for two keywords. Howvever i keep losing rank.

I am not a spammer or anything like that i want to do this correctly. I have read read and read again the same pages on how to successfully achieve links but i still cannot get anything. I want to give up. It depresses me that people can get top of google and i cant even get a decent link.

I've read tips but they always say get links..... i know this already but i cant get a link to save my life. i paid for some links once and got ripped off. There must be an easy way.

If anyone can help me or be a Personal Trainer or something i would be very grateful. Then again i guess this is also very expensive.

Anyways if you wanna help me then please do, i just wrote this to express how dumb i feel for never understanding such a simple task.

This is a cry for help lol.

rollingsta, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  2. boxieblue

boxieblue Peon

Best Answers:
    well, it would be great to know what have you done so far. how did u get those few links? and what have you been trying to get more of them? only then can we make suggestions :)

boxieblue, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  3. vstar

vstar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You might want to concider using a reputable link building service such as linkvan... You get what you pay for

vstar, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  4. rollingsta

rollingsta Peon

Best Answers:
    I got the links from a forum i regulary use and a mate of mine gave me one and i put a link on a blog post. i have a PR1 i have links on a few sites that google hasnt covered.
    my website is
    http://www.freegiftgrab.co.uk/
    Code (markup):
    i have tried looking for links.

i have just this minute commented on a blog with a page of pr4 and it was accepted straight away so hopefully i am in luck there.

Whats this linkvan? you seem a valid member with that amount of posts so it seems trustyworthy. (FOUND IT IN YOUR SIG)

any other tips would be great.

I also am front page of google images first for ipod shuffle and xbox 360 elite (how i do not know) all i get is people hotlinking and not acctually visiting my website for this though.

My main google keywords are free gift and free gifts i came 2nd for both i am now 5th for free gifts

5. da4455

da4455 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you not so good in link building try following:

1) The easiest way is to bookmark your site with the social networks sites like del.icios, twitter etc.
    2) the most powerful way is to submit articles into article directories. just search google for "article directory" and you get plenty of them.
    3) try to find a good professional linkbuilding manager. This is a very good way - but it is REALLY hard to find one now.

da4455, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  6. surfin4dough

surfin4dough Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I am a Linkvana user as well and it makes it a LOT easier to keep ranking on the first page of google for those keywords.

surfin4dough, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  7. dangregory

dangregory Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't forget to join some high google page rank forums - some in your niche, and also some outside your niche. You can put a link in your signature file so your weblink appears at the bottom of every post you make on the forum.

You can tell if a site or a forum has high google page rank by installing the free seo quake addon to firefox. Just use firefox as your browser and search for seoquake. After you install seoquake you can now surf to different sites and it will give you a little "pr3" or "pr5" or whatever in the upper left of the browser bar. This is the Google page rank of that site. The idea is to get backlinks from site with at least a page of 5 and above - get about a dozen of those and you should see some nice improvements to your site.

Dan

dangregory, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  8. rollingsta

rollingsta Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok now thats what i call help lol. it tells me more about seo than any website i read.
    SEOQUAKE.... but doesnt the google toolbar give you pagerank aswell?
    I have got things on digg but dont they only matter if people digg them?

I would rather work as FREE as i can. i dont mind paying for good results but i see people every day getting top without paying.

9. Mike Ryan

Mike Ryan Peon

Best Answers:
    Hate to break it to you bro but there isn't really.

First of all, you started in Nov. keep that in mind. If you're ranking in and around the top 20 in less than six months that seems pretty good to me.

The people that do the best are the ones who are creative with their link building and try to get links from places other than directories. It's not rocket science, it just takes some effort.

Mike Ryan, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  10. srianto

srianto Peon

Best Answers:
    My experience to get good rank in SERP, get backlinks from from related niche.
    Create articles that related with your niche, then build HubPages, Squidoo Lense, wordpress blog, blogger blog, submit articles to article directory or build another site.

Bookmarking the HubPages, Squidoo Lense, wordpress blog, blogger blog and article directory.

I still try following method http://www.exposedseo.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/seocircle.gif

srianto, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  11. rollingsta

rollingsta Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmmm I wonder why I got on first page in the first place.
    I have also redesigned my website. Its not uploaded yet but it has the same information and more. Looks better too. Got a couple of pages still to work on though.

That graph you gave me? Whats the black hats means?

rollingsta, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  12. ravont

ravont Peon

Best Answers:
    don't be disappointed. just write an content rich article with your basic keywords and submit it on articles directories embedded with backlink. do some social bookmarking. you would get back links

ravont, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  13. rollingsta

rollingsta Peon

Best Answers:
    Really weird thing. I have added a few links since the day of OP. maybe 4-5 backlinks not even shown up on google yet and i am now a pr2 it changed today

rollingsta, Apr 1, 2009 IP