1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Set-Up an Adwords Campaign

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Romanorc, Mar 24, 2009.

Ok, folks, those of you that have been using adwords for a while already know this but the noobs and rookies may not.

When setting up a campaign you do not want to just toss out random verbiage for your ads. I'm going to offer some info that may help you monetize your web sites via adwords and do it economically.

I'm going to pretend that you are selling tables on your web site.

Use the google adwords tool to find out which keywords you should use in your heading. You want the least amount of competition, with the most searches for the least amount of money. So, you key in tables on adwords and you get some ideas. Let's say the tool tells you that "green wooden tables" are searched 5000 times on a monthly basis and that the competition is fairly low and you can be on the first page for under .25.

You then set up one campaign with Green Wooden Tables as your header and then use the only keyword for that campaign as Green Wooden Tables.
    Then when one of those 5000 people search, your ad will be EXACTLY what they were searching for.

Let's say that adwords indicated that Round Glass Tables was searched about 3000 times a month, had little competition and you could be on the first page of google for .25.

Set up an entirely new campaign with Round Glass Tables in your header of the ad and the only keyword would be Round Glass Tables. Again, joe google searcher searches and you are EXACTLY what he keyed in.

The idea is each ad having only one keyword that matches the header for a word or phrase that is searched in such a way that you can make money.

By the way, I never pay .25 for an ad, if I can't be on the first page for .05, I continue to look. The other thing to realize is that you'll need to use phrases because getting on the first page may be tough for a single word.

Setting up your adwords campaign may take some time and might be a pain but I promise it will work of you follow the above.

I would hope that some of you that know more than I do (which is most of you) would add to this for the folks just beginning their journey.

:)

Romanorc, Mar 24, 2009 IP
    truckerjim likes this.
  2. roughsoul

roughsoul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanx for the info.its really helpful

roughsoul, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  3. sallysmith

sallysmith Peon

Best Answers:
    The shortest ebook I've ever had ;) Thank you for that a lot - but I think that before starting a campaign it's worth to read a longer one to not to make any mistakes

sallysmith, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  4. Romanorc

Romanorc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Which is exactly why I suggested those that are better versed at adword campaigns to offer their thoughts.

Romanorc, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  5. zelv

zelv Peon

Best Answers:
    zelv, Mar 28, 2009 IP
  6. chicky01

chicky01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    ya dear its realy great knowledge you have shared,it will be a great help for new adwords user.
    if you help somebody than every body herer will help you.

chicky01, Mar 29, 2009 IP
  7. truckerjim

truckerjim Peon

Best Answers:
    Great noob advice! u get rep

truckerjim, Mar 29, 2009 IP
  8. celticgiraffe

celticgiraffe Peon

Best Answers:
    This is the kind of simple advice us novices need! Easy to implement

celticgiraffe, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  9. freebets

freebets Peon

Best Answers:
    Great summary especially for new starters, it should definitely help some noobs from wasting their hard earned bucks on competitive terms where only seasoned sharks can make a living :D

jax you are hired!

freebets, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  10. scott5430

scott5430 Peon

Best Answers:
    good advice. next step would be to group the related key phrases into an adgroup and use an adtitle that applies to them all ... and then make sure to use negative keywords to filter out unwanted searches.

scott5430, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  11. pxmedia111

pxmedia111 Peon

Best Answers:
    you can set up google ppc campaign by google adwords service of PPC. you can set there keywords ,site links and description ...and make your estimate by google estimator per keywords and region..

:cool:

pxmedia111, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  12. googlepwner

googlepwner Peon

Best Answers:
    Setting campaing is more complex. I set campaign for sometimes even 30k adgroups and with that info i would go broke

googlepwner, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  13. Romanorc

Romanorc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you share what you do then so the rest of DP can get educated?

I would think you would only go broke if your site didn't convert interested people.

I have a little over 100 ads running this way and the conversions are over the top but I would love to know what you do so I can get even better conversions.

Romanorc, Mar 31, 2009 IP