1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$50 business logo contest for AssetWise. You know you can win this baby!!!

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by Scott2ride, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Sahil72

Sahil72 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here r couple of revisions..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sahil72, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  2. zyndtel

zyndtel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It's just my way to subscribe in this thread. Well sorry if it has a different meaning to you. I changed my mind I'm out.

zyndtel, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  3. Anasone

Anasone Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Anasone, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  4. [x[x]x]

[x[x]x] Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    revision:

[​IMG]

[x[x]x], Mar 30, 2009 IP
  5. m3l1ssh4

m3l1ssh4 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    new one :
    [​IMG]

m3l1ssh4, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  6. tsoft

tsoft Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

tsoft, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  7. xaralee

xaralee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My entries :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feedbacks would be greatly appreciate it.
    Any changes can be made.
    Thank you.

xaralee, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  8. att_kiara

att_kiara Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

heres my entry... pls check it out.. feedback is appreciated!

att_kiara, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  9. att_kiara

att_kiara Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

heres my entry... pls check it out.. feedback is appreciated!

att_kiara, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  10. manzanvil

manzanvil Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    update

[​IMG]

manzanvil, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  11. anjum shaikh

anjum shaikh Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello Sir, thanks for the comments and for an invitation.
    This is my try,do feedback.

Attached Files:

anjum shaikh, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  12. anjum shaikh

anjum shaikh Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Another version i hope you'll like it.
    Kindly feedback,thanks.

Attached Files:

anjum shaikh, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  13. Aderain

Aderain Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here's a selection of fonts and styles, a bit bolder and less ordinary. Let me know if any of these appeal.

[​IMG]

Feedback welcome.

Aderain, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  14. vishu_unlocker

vishu_unlocker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thanks for the invitation, here's my entry, it's completely hand drawn & fully vector, feedback appreciated...:)

[​IMG]

vishu_unlocker, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  15. Gorgon

Gorgon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Gorgon, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  16. Scott2ride

Scott2ride Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    There are some excellent entries here ladies and gentleman. Thank you for all your effort.

I’ve decided to extend this till tomorrow as I have been basically offline for the past day and haven’t had a chance to give any positive feedback or suggestions on what you have all posted, which isn’t very fair on you all. So here’s some feedback and an opportunity to make your finishing touches or a totally new submission.

Chemicalinck
    A bit to traditional and old school on the font on both of the logos and neither icon grabs me Im afraid. Just a bit to ‘Normal and like every other planner.

Hazard
    Ok… I was wrong about the angled block (Grin). It doesn’t look as good and makes it hard to read the letter. However, the rectangular blocks look better than the previous square ones.

Maybe just having that section slightly offset to the right as one option… just by 1/10th of the block.
    Another option is to drop the tilted block back down and see how she looks.
    I’d also like to see a bit more of a curve on the outside corners of the boxes. The original logo of yours had much bigger curved edges, which I preferred. In fact they could possibly be just a little bit bigger than the original curved outside corners.

Im not so keen on the second choice of font though. Bit hard to read. However once the changes are made as per above I would definitely like to see a couple of other ‘slightly different’ styled fonts as options.

Renderwork
    This definitely has potential with some minor changes.
    No shading in the lettering would be good.
    Is the 3 sweeping bits in the icon pic meant to be a W? I sort of like it but not quite.
    Maybe all it needs is a different font selection to make it work. And the colours are just a little duller than Id like.

Schueis.
    I like your second attempts but would like to see some different fonts as those ones in the squares are a bit thin or a bit too plain. Not sure what it is, but I know a change in font could make it sharp.
    I think Id like the .co.nz smaller than the main text too.

Everyone
    No exclamation mark on the end of the tagline. I meant to ask everyone to remove it earlier. My bad.

Creadiv
    I think adding the green and red to your original design lost some of the impact. So back to all orange for the main ¾ but maybe with the lines in plce to show the quarters, but all one colour (hope that made sence).
    Colour is ok but could you have the Asset and the wise with the same thickness font?

Lauris
    It’s not really what Im after as it doesn’t rseem to have a ‘design’ feel to it. It’s just all basic lettering and I am after something a little more stylish. But it is nice, simple and clean.

Sahil72
    In your revision I prefer the top option with the shorter tail on the W icon.
    I like where it is headed but not many (none) in our office realised it was an AW until I mentioned it.
    Not sure if the ‘pic’ AW needs to be steeper (more vertical) or if using different shapes instead of squares would create the desired effect.
    And on reflection the main font used doesn’t really work as well with the modern funky logo pic. It’s a bit traditional in style. What other font could you use (There must be something a little different out there that will still be easy to read.

Zyndtel
    Sorry you decided not to contribute. I didn’t intend to offend you with the ‘passing’ comment. Unfortunately a wee joke online can get lost in translation as its hard to pick the ‘tone’ it was written in.

Anasone
    Logo pic doesn’t really grab me and doesn’t tie in as Id like. Font isn’t too bad but probably a bit too casual writing looking. Need a more purposeful font.

XXX
    I like the logo but think the AW icon is going to have trouble working on its own without the full AssetWise text next to it. I actually like it from a design perspective but it sort of seems to harsh and jagged for us and isn’t an ‘appealing’ and inviting logo (which we need). Not easy on the eye from a the ‘warm and fuzzy perspective, however it does feel nicely balanced.…
    The full word Assetwise also needs a bit of colour as all one colour is a bit too drab for us. Can we funk it up?

M3l1ssh4
    Doesn’t really work for me. Logo pic too complex and colour a bit drab for the lettering. Also don’t want the faiding in the fonts.

Tsoft
    The font works well in your design. But by the way, what do you designers actually call the pics you come up with? Logo, icon, picture, art? All the above? Sorry… I digress…
    Anyway, the AW icon pic thing I like. But the normal looking arrow on the tip of the W is very 80’s (no offence). But Im not sure how you would finish the end of the W as just ending with a flat tip as if it was the normal letter W may not look so funky.
    What can you come up with instead of the arrow? And a green end or tip may still somehow work. Get creative :D.
    Also, the ‘A’ part of the logo pic isn’t quite obvious enough that it is an A. can you maybe add a small/short green – to the left or right (probably left) inside edge of the A to help differentiate it as being an A.
    Hmmm, maybe a matching green flat flick of the top of the W and to the right would work on the W and add balance? Fook knows…
    And don’t forget to add the tagline underneath (without the exclamation mark !.)

vishu_unlocker
    Nice clean logo.
    The circles are possibly a bit big compared to the text and Id like to see them smaller to see how it looks.
    Maybe an option with the bottom right circle as a different colour instead of the darker green?
    It has also made me think that I would really like to see the circles as sort of thinner ‘rings’, (In other words, with large holes in the middle). And maybe tilted down a bit as if they were leaning away from you and to the right. Sort of 3D effect. Their positions might need to change a little. But that might then be a nice theme to have through out the website and in the letterhead etc.
    Maybe even linked rings??? I can see it in my head :D

I'll post feedback on the others in a moment. Just needed to get this lot up as I know some of you are waiting.

And Remember, I’m looking for clean, fresh and up to date. It needs to imply we are professional, but also young and cutting edge. It also needs to be easily recognisable.

Scott2ride, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  17. Creadiv

Creadiv Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the feedback. I hope you like the changes.

[​IMG]

Creadiv, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  18. m3l1ssh4

m3l1ssh4 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    new one :
    [​IMG]

m3l1ssh4, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  19. chemicalinck

chemicalinck Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My last entry i guess.....hope you like this one....

[​IMG]

chemicalinck, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  20. Scott2ride

Scott2ride Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    2am here at the moment and I need to be at work in 4 ½ hours. So I hope to get a few hours sleep, but I felt you guys (and girls) deserved to get feedback on your efforts. And as mentioned, I’ve extended things by a day to give time for amendments and because Im away all morning.

Xaralee
    Nice fonts and design. Colours are ok too.
    In the first set of logos the crossbar ‘flick’ in the letter A is a light blue. I feel just the dark blue and orange are enough so could you try that crossbar in the same dark blue, but also an option having it in the orange (it might look good).
    And it’s sort of hard to tell… but Im wondering if the crossbar ‘flick’ of the A needs to move just a fraction more to the right so as to look more integrated as part of the letter A.

The .co.nz doesn’t quite look right with the dot of the I and the dot of the .co.nz Not sure how to make that more integrated but Im sure you’ll come up with something. Maybe also try it vertically at the end of Wise as one possible option.

I can see what you’re trying to achieve with the 3D angled AW logo pic. But it doesn’t really work though as it looks like AN not AW.

Though I still believe that there is a very cool AW iconic logo lurking in someone’s brain!

Xaralee, reguarding your second logo, I like it also.
    The AW logo pic works better than the one above but I think it can also be improved with slight changes.
    Some options Id like to see (and hopefully are easy for you to change…)
    How about doing the ‘A’ letter of the AW in blue, and the W in orange. This then has continuity with the colurs of the letters below. Have the blue coming up the left of the ‘A’ and over the curve of the top, but stopping when it gets to the vertical orange section of the downward stroke of the ‘W’. And the crossbar flic of the A would also be in blue.

Come to think of it the crossbar flick bit also looks like it either needs to be a tiny bit smaller, or maybe it also needs to move slightly to the right. This may make it look more integrated.

I also noted that the W is a curved font in the AW icon pic, but is pointy font W in the word AssetWise below it. I realise the fonts in Asset are different than those in Wise and they look good as they are, but Im not sure if this change in continuity between the icon pic and name lettering is a good idea (from a design perspective). Maybe the same font should be used for both words (in the second logo series) because other than the ‘sharp; W, the rest of the letters are very similar in style to the font used in Asset.

The .co.nz also needs that dot sorted

Att kiara
    Just a bit to complex and busy for the look Im after. Also not wanting a globe as they are very over used nowdays.

Manzanvil
    Nice and clean look and probably ideal for a traditional planning company, but not tickling my fancy like some of the others are.
    Just one comment from a purely design continuity perspective. The long legs of the A & W are on the right of each letter in the company name, but are swapped over and sit on the left of each letter within the icon pic. They should really be the same to keep that continuity and integrity of the design.

Anjum sheikh
    The first logo didn’t appeal as it all seemed a bit soft and washed out and the font too ‘traditional writing ‘ like in style.

The second was more interesting and had some good ideas. I didn’t relate to the style of execution and it was a bit too busy with bars running through, icon blocks and even an AW logo pic. .
    But did like the idea of the boxes joined/linked together. And the AW was reasonably creative. Just not really working for me.
    It just didn’t feel integrated.

2.15am now and Im knackered! Sigh. But almost done

Aderain
    Good to see some different font options. Sadly none grabbed me.
    I preferred the font in post 18 (your second post). But it could be all the same, either all bold or all normal.
    However some other clean but funkier fonts may still do it.

Gorgon
    Much better for me. Though Id like to see Asset & Wise ALL as bold and also all as normal.
    I like the use of the dot in the i
    The icon pic doesn’t sort of work for me, but Im not even sure its needed.

Holy crap… don’t you guys ever sleep hahahaha it’s 2.30am now and 2 more posts have materialised that need feedback.
    I have to get to bed 

Ok…

Creadiv
    Sweet!

M3l1ssh4
    Nice and simple font and wording looks good.
    Needs the .co.nz added to it somewhere though.
    The triangle logo pic is cool too. But maybe a little busy. It incorporates the A but not the W. However you could include the W by doing this… (and I don’t know if it will work and look good or not, but worth a go)
    Keep the outer triangle in gold.
    Remove the inner gold triangle.
    Take the 3 blue triangles and rotate them together 180 degrees. (they may need slight special adjustment)
    Now it will have a blue W and a gold A. (Hope that made sense)

Im off to bed now as its 2.40am.

If any more posts have snuck in I'll need to comment tomorrow... which is now today....sigh....

Scott2ride, Mar 31, 2009 IP