1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Good news ! Google policy changed and cracks down on MFA

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by funlounge, Jul 11, 2006.

Google is cracking down on Made for Adsense site by nailing down the
    ones who advertise on Adwords for MFA site...

Read below:

It's a poor quality experience for the visitor, one that Google feels diminishes the trust and value of its AdWords product. To combat this, Google announced on its Inside AdWords blog that changes would be made to landing page quality requirements

Google is putting its Birkenstocks down hard on AdWords clients with less-than-quality landing pages for their websites, in an attempt to clean up those made-for-AdSense pages found all over the web. Click arbitrage is a modern version of the "buy low, sell high" advice many have learned over the year.

The problem starts with advertisers who purchase keywords at the minimum bid price on Google AdWords, a ClickZ report noted.

Users who click that ad end up on an AdSense page. This is usually a low-quality page filled with AdSense or other contextual advertising that pays the advertiser a higher cost per click than the advertiser paid for the keyword in AdWords that delivered the traffic to that loaded page.

funlounge, Jul 11, 2006 IP
    maldives likes this.
  2. Brown786

Brown786 Banned

Best Answers:
    This is good news!! Good Looking!

edit: This is great news!!!!

Brown786, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  3. Crusader

Crusader Peon

Best Answers:
    This is definitely good news. By making it more difficult for the MFA sites to get trafic from advertising it should hopefully cut down on the amount of MFA sites getting online. Now if only they can take as hard a stance on not allowing MFA type sites to show up in their search results the world would be a perfect place.

Crusader, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  4. tytyguy

tytyguy Peon

Best Answers:
    will this make non-mfa sites CPC better?

tytyguy, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  5. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    If they actually follow up on this, maybe I will start advertising on content pages instead of just search results. Maybe.

jackburton2006, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  6. rewlie

rewlie Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think YES since we will get the original value of Adsense back.

rewlie, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  7. shenron

shenron Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ...And stop at least half the $0.01 clicks... :(

shenron, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  8. Lpspider

Lpspider Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very nice. Quality is always a good thing.

Lpspider, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  9. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent new!! Finally google has taken step in the right direction!

maldives, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  10. Avatar7

Best Answers:
    Was just gonna post this article, however here is an important part ppl should know if one is reading the thread and don't wanna check the AdWords blog:

"From time-to-time, we improve our algorithms for evaluating landing page quality (often based on feedback from our end-users), and next week we're launching another such improvement. Thus, over the coming days a small number of advertisers who are providing a low quality user experience on their landing pages will see increases in their minimum bids.

We realize that some minimum bids may be too high to be cost-effective -- indeed, these high minimum bids are our way of motivating advertisers to either improve their landing pages or to simply stop using AdWords for those pages, while still giving some control over which keywords to advertise on."

-Staying on Google's good side with regards to having a quality landing page should not be too difficult. If a search ad leads to a page full of AdSense and no relevant content, Google will likely find it is a low quality experience and boost keyword prices accordingly.-

11. toomuch72

toomuch72 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sadly I think this is a HUGE mistake. While it might cut down on fly by night MFA sites. MFA webmasters know how to make landing pages that will fool the system. Now instead of having one or two "MFA" pages we will have thousands per MFA site so they can be targeted to the specific adwords campaign.

Who is this going to hurt? THE ADVERTISERS I know that a ton of advertisers refuse to advertise on Google to begine with because they just don't get all the TRICKS. Then if the "ad copy" is not JUST RIGHT they get the this word not activated for search message raise your bid to 5 million dollars. I know 5 million is an joke but even a minimum bid of $5 is too much when there are no other advertisers. Try to get the word Gmail no matter what ad copy I've used I have never last more than a few hours without the deactivated for search message.

While there are hundreds of little tricks to make your words work in adwords but as a small time advertiser that does not want to spend a bunch of time making sure the landing page meets requirements then these advertisers are just gonna choose NOT TO ADVERTISE WITH GOOGLE.

Then when more advertisers drop out of the program. Then bid prices will go down overall and legit publishers will be the ones screwed in the long run. While MFA sites will make out like gangbusters. because they are the only ones using adwords.

toomuch72, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  12. Googles76

Googles76 Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting! Whenever asked, people on this forum always said that it is next to impossible to profit from adsense via adwords, they said most you can do is break even. I guess this proves that it is in fact possible to profit, or at least was, and apparantly was a big business..

Googles76, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  13. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That's what I was thinking - MAYBE... somehow I doubt there will be any real "cleaning" done.

If so, most of the adsense people on this forum are going to be ticked.

debunked, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  14. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    lol if they ban all mfa sites google will be broke :)
    that won't happen, so no worries

DomainMagnate, Jul 12, 2006 IP