1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to build backlink

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by goodmast3r, Mar 28, 2009.

I've been thinking the effective way to increase backlink and eventually PR. Several general options are:
    *Submit to directory. Not very effective because you need to set reciprocal link. The quality of links depends on the directory PR and the page PR where your web is listed. The best directory you can be listed is Yahoo directory and dmoz. But it is hard to be listed in and expensive for Yahoo directory.
    *Link exchange. Just like 'submit to directory', you need to set reciprocal link. Your link should be in page which have PR.
    *Blog commenting. Not very effective, because your comment usually in non PR post. Usually old post will be hard to be found by Google if the blog does not have proper structure. Trying to be a top commentator is also not a good option, because you have to do it every month. Blogger usually reset the numbers at the start of the month. Other option is to give comments on the 'popular post' on the blog, because the home of the blog usually gives link to the 'popular post'. But this is also not very effective if many people comment on that post, the PR pass will be low.
    *Forum. Same like commenting.
    *Article submission. Does your article have PR on the article directory? How many clicks does it takes to visit your page from the homepage. The more clicks you need to do, means your article is not in the right place. I have checked ezinearticles, it has PR of 6. To find my article I need to first click the 'expert author' link (PR 6). If you have lots of articles there, you can click the 'next 100' link, but too bad it does not have PR on that page. If I click the First initial of my name, there is no PR too on that page. Well I think ezinearticles does not gives good PR to our web. I think their URL is not SEO friendly. Next I try ehow.com (PR 7, better than ezinearticles). They have better URL structure. If you have article there, you might have PR for the article. Internet marketing was promoting ezinearticles and everybody writes there including me. When I write this article, I just realize that it was a mistake. I think I should move all articles to ehow.com or website that is similar that that. BTW, I also make my own article www.TopEasyTips.com, which I made with proper structure. I have also created programming articles and submit it to a website that accept my articles. I have three articles. All have PR3 and it is linking to my blog.
    *Making wordpress themes. I haven't try this before. But if you have great theme and lots of people using it then you can have lots of backlink from the theme footer. Yes people can delete it, but lots of people don't.
    *Making wordpress plugin. Two months ago I make a plugin and it has PR 1 at wordpress.org. I have link to my blog from there. If people use my plugin at their blog, they will give me backlink too, because I put a small 'powered by myblog' link at the plugin.
    *Making a super post that people will link from their blog. You need to work hard on this and make sure lots of people read it.

So for me the best way to get back link in order are:
    -Create useful plugin
    -Create theme
    -Create articles and submit it the article directory.

Some tips:
    -You can hire people to write plugin or theme for you.
    -Submit your articles to new article directory just like my topeasytips.com. You got nothing to lose. When they become big, your article usually will be easily found. Remember the number of clicks you need to reach your article? If they have lots of article, they will have paging system on their website. If you submit early, you won't be in the last page.

goodmast3r, Mar 28, 2009 IP
    Grit. likes this.
  2. poison17

poison17 Member

Best Answers:
    poison17, Mar 29, 2009 IP
  3. Nestacx

Nestacx Peon

Best Answers:
    Good Link from poison17..
    Thx..

Nestacx, Mar 29, 2009 IP
  4. online2cu

online2cu Peon

Best Answers:
    I am using backlink service to promote my website , last week i order from some backlink service for this my new website about prudential assurance in indonesia.

I will try 3 way links service if possible , anybody try this services ?

online2cu, Mar 29, 2009 IP
  5. INEEDCONTENT

INEEDCONTENT Guest

Best Answers:
    thanks lots of good info there, writing and distributing content is the only way to go if you dont have code skills

INEEDCONTENT, Mar 29, 2009 IP
  6. freelistfool

freelistfool Peon

Best Answers:
    I've found the same thing with writing free software that people find useful.

There are a lot of good directories out there that are still free and don't require a reciprocal. You just have to look for them. Focus on directories in your niche or ones that have high PR and high Alexa traffic.

freelistfool, Mar 29, 2009 IP
  7. atniz

atniz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting way to get backlinks from wordpress from plugin creation and themes creation.

I'm not a programmer but plugin creation is easy but maintaining the plugin with updates can be very costly if we choose a third party to develop it.

atniz, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  8. surfin4dough

surfin4dough Peon

Best Answers:
    Useful stuff. Writing a wordpress theme can give you a ton of backlinks if it is a good quality one. Will take time to build up these backlinks, especially if only new wordpress users are downloading it, but it will reap huge benefits when some big time bloggers are using your theme.

But most themes don't last long and people will switch to something else. So you need to find other ways to build backlinks too.

surfin4dough, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  9. MrPJH

MrPJH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great useful and helpful article

MrPJH, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  10. ruchi49

ruchi49 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi
    It Is Good Articlie

ruchi49, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  11. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it is good article too

SFOD_D223, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  12. tarakesh.rao

tarakesh.rao Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes i too believe
    Creating wordpress themes and blogger themes are a great ideal for backlinks
    thanks

tarakesh.rao, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  13. seork

seork Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is good info about building links but you need to concentrate your on page as well as such On page is the best factor in getting high rank in Search Engines.

seork, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  14. markov

markov Peon

Best Answers:
    Creating wordpress themes is a good idea but how to do that if one is not a designer?

markov, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  15. goodmast3r

goodmast3r Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can hire someone, or you can sponsor a theme. I'm not a designer myself. I'm more like a programmer. That's why I'm searching designer who can work together with me.

goodmast3r, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  16. dj0471

dj0471 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes you need to be careful not to break the terms of service. I have previously sponsored themes but had precisely no takers of the theme anywhere anytime.

So it pays to see the colour of the quality of the authors' work re: themes otherwise you're just paying them to create dud themes :)

dj0471, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  17. Anttila

Anttila Peon

Best Answers:
    How about sending out quality press releases? They don't always directly link back to you but sometimes they do and that's great advertisement.

Anttila, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  18. goodmast3r

goodmast3r Active Member

Best Answers:
    How much does it cost to have permanent backlink? I know sponsoredreviews.com have minimum of $5. Any one knows any cheaper than that? If you want 100 backlink, then you need $500.

goodmast3r, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  19. arp

arp Member

Best Answers:
    I did not get.How will a plug in create backlinks?
    ne bdy help me by naming ne good backlinks plugin for wordpress

arp, Apr 2, 2009 IP