1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Google Code

Discussion in 'Google' started by BOOMBOOM, Mar 28, 2009.

Can anybody crack the google code?

On yahoo and MSN I am on the first page under south florida website development, and on the second page for south florida website design.

On Google I am on the 3rd page for south florida website design, but for south florida website development, I am way back..

Google seems to have a bit of a flip flop from the other two search engines.

I am not complaining because as of last night, www.vpcomp.net was not even in the top 20 pages under south florida website design. I woke up early today and checked it and it had jumped up to page 3... Hopefully I can get her up to page 1 with more work....:D

BOOMBOOM, Mar 28, 2009 IP
  2. £££

£££ Peon

Best Answers:
    Check out LSI, Wiki it. Otherwise referred to as latent semantic indexing.

That is in a nutshell, for this purpose, the analysis of very large bodies of text (website content) and deciding via various algorithm's which sites represent in real time, the most authority upon any given subject matter as related directly to keyword usage.

Use a tool to analyse the top 10 results, keywords used across all the content, every page of every website as it appears on Google page 1, slice out the dominant and most well respected Google keywords and the number of times that they occur.

Using the data in a spreadsheet for any given keyword/s, sort out the wheat from the chaff, all non-related keywords, refine the list down to the most popular and highly relevant.

Write an article based on these keywords and the number of times that they occur and place this somewhere on your website, not a third party site like EA.

Your new page will be indexed within a few minutes and will usually be on page one of Google anywhere between 10 minutes to two hours, on the extreme outside, 48 hours (rare).

Ask yourself, what does Google want to see? Does it want to see extremely direct, highly relevant keyword usage or does it want to see a load of non-related waffle on the site, unrelated directly to your keyword selection? Put yourself in the shoes of Google, find out what it loves about key keywords and deliver it what it finds the most appetising, what it loves the most.

Look at Google like a giant addicted to food (content), and feed it the choiciest little morsels that it wants the most!

Do your research on what the Google Giant loves the most and deliver it to him, spoonfeeding him like a giant happy and contented, gurgling baby. :D

Simple.

He'll fart when he doesn't like what you feed him, so you'll soon get to learn how to know him. ;)

If you like this advice and want to use it, this analogy, please provide a link to my website: http://WebsiteDesign4u.co.uk

Thanks!

£££, Mar 28, 2009 IP
    dairyman likes this.
  3. BOOMBOOM

BOOMBOOM Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you... Very intuitive and words to definitely follow. I will PM you on the link...:)

BOOMBOOM, Mar 28, 2009 IP
    £££ likes this.
  4. £££

£££ Peon

Best Answers:
    Your'e more than welcome, I'm glad that I could be of assistance.

Enjoy your weekend and blast that competition out of the water on Google!

Now, you know how to do it! ;)

£££, Mar 28, 2009 IP
  5. ameran

ameran Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i enjoyed reading your advice too.

ameran, Mar 28, 2009 IP
    £££ likes this.
  6. £££

£££ Peon

Best Answers:
    You are more than welcome, I'm just happy that you and perhaps some other individuals here, found the information to be useful to you.

Wishing you a fantastic week!

£££, Mar 29, 2009 IP
  7. lindamood1

lindamood1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    you need to get high pr backlinks from google and also need to target more competitive keywords

lindamood1, Mar 29, 2009 IP
  8. £££

£££ Peon

Best Answers:
    Goodness knows what I posted here that was considered to be so terrible above that it warranted my usual DP stalker moderator, giving me infraction points for.

Goodness knows what planet some of the moderators here are on, but it's absolutely ridiculous.

Perhaps it's time to stop being helpful to other posters on this forum and take my free advice somewhere else.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

£££, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  9. freeflyer

freeflyer Peon

Best Answers:
    i'm sorry but i agree, you're talking twoddle. utter rubbish. a new page indexed within ten minutes.. if only is was that easy. He hasnt got a national news feed site, its a small web design company which is barely ranked.

BOOMBOOM, the reason you dont rank for south florida website design is quite simple. You're not targeting that term at all.
    'Website design and development' does not target 'website development' in any way that is deemed good enough to rank for that term, and nor does your website content come to that. But, hey guess what, google for 'south florida website design and development' and you're in page one. But to be honest that entire phrase is not much use to you as a traffic term.

Sussed it? If you want to be found for 'south florida website development', your site (OR A PAGE ABOUT IT) needs to be geared for those terms. Dont assume you can split them and still be ranked, you cant (or at least not effectively). If you want to target that term effectively, create a page about it. While you're at it creat a whole bunch of pages about south florida web terms which will also drive you traffic. eg south florida web designer', 'south florida web design'.
    You're relying on one or two terms to get you business.. you cant do that. Get listed for as many relevant terms as possible.
    Then, make sure you get some IBL's (external links) to those pages, and make sure you have good internal linking to them as well.
    Do your page titles, heading tags and CONTENT to reflect that term.

Want some more tips? redirect your index page to site root, as at the moment you have two homepages. Same goes for your www and non www versions of the site.
    And sorry, but as website design service, that site needs to be better presented.

freeflyer, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  10. SpyBoy73

SpyBoy73 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    lol well put

SpyBoy73, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  11. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    there's never been evidence that google are using lsi in organic serps, and it's certainly not the major part of their algorithm, as £££ seems to be suggesting.

magda, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  12. £££

£££ Peon

Best Answers:
    I take it you guys don't keep up with the Google blog where they only recently made an announcement regarding this most logical step. :rolleyes:

No, didn't think so. :rolleyes:

Proof is in the pudding as they say, certainly it works for us and very well indeed.

You'll find that I'm right in due course.

In the meantime, I really don't mind if you guys lag behind somewhat. ;)

£££, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  13. freeflyer

freeflyer Peon

Best Answers:
    jesus...

LSI will not link development and design as two linked terms.
    LSI will not get your page ranked within ten minutes on a minority website with little traffic (that really is the craziest thing i've read in a long time).
    LSI will not enable you to capitalise on a term which your site is not about.
    Your competitors and spreadsheet suggestion and analysis is plain ludicrous.

There may be a reason why you have negative infraction points you think? and thankyou for mine :)

freeflyer, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  14. £££

£££ Peon

Best Answers:
    What you state as fact, for a fact and what is actually fact are two completely different things, of course, you are entitled to your opinion, even if I view it to be wholly incorrect.

I should know, I have the software right here which works very well and is exactly what I detailed above.

If you have a problem with that, fair enough, that isn't my problem.

We'll have to agree to disagree. My pov is that you are obviously not up to date on a few of the tools in existence out there, which I also know for a fact that many people pay hundreds and in a few cases thousands of dollars for per month, as used by large companies.

That you yourself do not have these tools at your disposal, which do this, well, that's your loss, no way am I sharing that info with you, based on your attitude here.

Enjoy the rest of your life.

£££, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  15. freeflyer

freeflyer Peon

Best Answers:
    ah a 'tools' user... that explains it :)

freeflyer, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  16. Ginger6

Ginger6 Guest

Best Answers:
    Excellent Stuff here !!!

Ginger6, Mar 31, 2009 IP
    £££ likes this.
  17. £££

£££ Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a content management tool my dear fellow.

Maybe you'll kick yourself further down the line, thinking, God, I wish I'd found out about this kind of thing earlier, perhaps that is what that guy on DP was going on about.

If you had posted in a much more friendly style, rather than instantly going on the attack, I would have willingly shared it with you.

As for the tool itself, it is just an aid, nothing more, the final judgement of keyword analysis comes from knowledgeable brainpower and instinct, something you acquire after a while.

Apologies if I sound condescending, however you did somewhat bring this on yourself.

As I said above, it's your loss now.

And that's my final say on this matter.

£££, Mar 31, 2009 IP
    jamesplato likes this.
  18. freeflyer

freeflyer Peon

Best Answers:
    it wasnt me who attacked you, it was the moderator, remember? again, apparently. And are we talking blogs here? if so forget our entire conversation. Blog indexing and promotion is entirely different from what the OP (and myself) were talking about, organic results for standardised websites.

Assuming this isnt a blog, your tool is a CMS. It sounds though like you're using an inbuilt SEO script offered one of the CMS plugins. These are normally used by the masses to try and gain some advantages in the indexes. I've yet to find one which is actually useful and ISN'T written by a pure developer as opposed to someone who actually is an SEO guru.

this is no longer directed at you, but the problem i've found with scripts and tools, is this:
    Developers are not SEO's.
    SEO's are not developers.

The problem is with developed scripts and software, is that this are normally done by people who know a lot about development, but little about technical SEO. Yet, they are used by people who cant be bothered to do the backstage work, and rely on these scripts, with little knowledge of whats actually happing, or rather, not happening.

freeflyer, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  19. £££

£££ Peon

Best Answers:
    It works and it works incredibly well, as stated up above somewhere before the drivel started.

Will you find it? I doubt it, not a huge number of people know about this.

Those that do use it and use their SEO knowledge combined, find that it is extremely easy to get 'websites' (not blog sites) including brand new web sites, not only indexed within minutes and on the outside a couple of hours, but also on page one of Google within the same timeframe, as already stated.

That is an irrefutable fact, we can state that because we use it and it works and to boot is absolutely, completely and utterly, whitehat.

£££, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  20. freeflyer

freeflyer Peon

Best Answers:
    i thought you werent posting on this any more?

anyway... lets sum up. And if you're talking adwords the conversation stops here, as this has been a waste of time if you are, and you've just been talking about something which we all know anyway. Adwords is not a new untapped concept. And if you're talking about adwords combined with the (now severely dated) concept of web funnel marketing, the conversation also stops, as this was also totally pointless.

However, olets assume you're not, and this conversation was about how to get a brand new website listed in organic searches within two hours, as this is essentially what this thread was about.
    You are saying if i'm reading you correctly, that you can register a brand new domain name, add any old website, and have it indexed between ten minutes and two hours, on the first page of google for a targeted keyterm (as opposed to the domain name or company name) , right?
    Or, are you saying you can only do this with a site that uses your CMS?
    Or, are you saying, you can only do this with adwords?

or, are you now thinking 'oh crap, yes it was adwords and funnel websites'.

freeflyer, Apr 2, 2009 IP