1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword rich web page names

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by joewills, Jul 11, 2006.

I manage several sites, some of which have hundreds of pages. I have always been a fan of naming pages with your primary key phrase e.g. /primary-key-phrase.html - this seems to be quite productive.

The only problem I am finding is that when I want to re-tune pages for new keywords/phrases it, you obviously have your old ones in the name of the webpage.... It is fine to tune a page for a sceondary key phrase.

Is the answer to create a new page or do you think a keyphrase rich named page is not that imporatnt. A new page is unlikely to have the authority as that of the old one.

???

joewills, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  2. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    The search engines can associate two phrases so as long as the keywords are broadly similar it shouldn't make much difference.

If you can confidently create a strong new page to target the new term and make it a lot different to the old page then do this instead.

mad4, Jul 11, 2006 IP