1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

been four years and still no listing in DMOZ

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by rufman, Mar 21, 2009.

1. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Time scales for processing newapps vary a lot because they're in a pool, not a FIFO queue. (I couldn't contemplate processing one in Arabic for example.)

A fast response time generally indicates obvious problems with the application and there are usually reviewer comments tacked onto the end of the generic email explaining what they are.

If that wasn't so in your case, I suggest that you evaluate your next application yourself, in the light of the generic comments, before hitting that send button.

Common issues that almost invariably trigger a fast response are:
    • Only providing one example when the form asked for 2 or 3 (and we prefer 3).
    • Only providing your own websites as examples.
    • Requesting an enormous category when the application form quite clearly recommends choosing one with fewer than 100 listings.
    • Leaving the associated websites field blank.
    All are silly problems that could have been avoided by actually reading the application form.

It's best if people take the process as seriously as they would a job application - because that's what it is :).

jimnoble, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  2. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DMOZ is not the beginning and end of promotion of a website
    Move on and submit yourself to some prominent websites and article sites and get some backlinks going
    That should be a better promotion than DMOZ, the traffic from DMOZ also dont convert, my personal experience

COBSolutions, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  3. bengalicddvd

bengalicddvd Peon

Best Answers:
    I am also on the same boat. I have PR3 site in niche area. My site is listed in google, msn, yahoo and about.com. I started this site about 4 years back. Still my site is not in DMOZ and honestly I do not care anymore about DMOZ.

Thanks

bengalicddvd, Mar 26, 2009 IP