1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do people REALLY buy stuff off of ghetto Landing Pages?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by geezlix, Mar 21, 2009.

Ok, someone please enlighten me...

As a newbie to AdWords, I'm hearing alot about "landing pages". Are these the pages that have all kinds of flashing gifs and "Make $xxx,xxx instantly with THIS program!" ads?

Do these pages REALLY work???? I mean, I see those pages and I'm outta there.

Please, enlighten me...

geezlix, Mar 21, 2009 IP
  2. vipjun

vipjun Member

Best Answers:
    They do.

But you'll get more buyers if the landing pages aren't "Ghetto"

vipjun, Mar 21, 2009 IP
  3. ijin

ijin Peon

Best Answers:
    What exactly do you mean by Ghetto Landing Page? Not sure I can picture it.

ijin, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  4. vesparich

vesparich Peon

Best Answers:
    I think they mean simple looking landing pages. Ones that don't look too professional. I don't think they mean flashing gifs.

vesparich, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  5. hbl

hbl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Landing page is a single page dedicated to a single product or service. When targeted keywords direct traffic to targeted landing pages higher conversions will occur because the visitor is seeing exactly what they are searching for.

hbl, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  6. BeirutMarketing

BeirutMarketing Member

Best Answers:
    It depends. Remember that a page that may want to make 1 visitor puke can be attractive to another. Also if a buyer really wants a specific product, they will get it, even if the landing page looks like it was run over by a tank.

BeirutMarketing, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  7. DigitalFent

DigitalFent Member

Best Answers:
    Let's use the word "unattractive" or "unappealing". "Ghetto" can be a loaded word and is best left thought and untyped.

DigitalFent, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  8. uptrans

uptrans Member

Best Answers:
    Landing pages is very efficient marketing tool dealing with targeted advertising and catering to very specific needs.

This method of marketing has nothing to do with the design or content quality. The problem is that there are too many cheap looking landing pages.

I personaly do not like or trust this type of web resources, but I am looking at it as a marketer. Most users don't have any problems.

uptrans, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  9. sallysmith

sallysmith Peon

Best Answers:
    Before I've started adwords campaign for myself I was wondering 'how is it possible that people clicks on those ads?!" but now I know that they do. And that's a sort of proof that people are buying something by those ads - they wouldn't click there in other case (only someone who really wants to find something and buy it would click on that ads).

PS Reading your discussion I know now that I have to work on my landing page...:cool:

sallysmith, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  10. bjewelled

bjewelled Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, a landing page can be either of those but neither is a correct definition of the term.

A landing page is simply the page a searcher "lands" on when they click your ad. It can be absolutely anything you want to make it, your site's "home" page, a particular page within your site or a completely separate page (i.e. there are no links to it from your site's other pages.) made specifically for your advert.

Best results are usually obtained if the content of the landing page is closely linked to the keywords you are advertising -Google will reward you with a better quality score and, hence, cheaper clicks - but there is nothing, apart from common sense, that says you have to comply with that! The design and content are entirely up to you.

bjewelled, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  11. dhblewis

dhblewis Guest

Best Answers:
    I cant imagine landing pages working. The first thing I do is hit the back button when I get to one.

But if it works.. I might set one up ;)

dhblewis, Mar 29, 2009 IP
  12. webova

webova Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been doing PPC marketing for a while now and I can say from experience that sometimes that ugliest LPs get the best CTR and CR.

Weird, but just how it works.

webova, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  13. christian231

christian231 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think he's referring to those lame Clickbank style products with landing pages that are 500 feet long, nothing but testimonials and loaded with a lot of BS. I wouldn't buy anything from those...but a lot of people will. I will personally never create a landing page that looks like that. If you need your user to scroll for 10 minutes in order for you to get your point across, it's probably a lousy product in the first place.

christian231, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  14. himoacs

himoacs Peon

Best Answers:
    I hate those landing pages and can't believe that people actually buy from them.
    And what's up with all those testimonies? Anyone can make them up!

himoacs, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  15. Aytac01

Aytac01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yh same...
    I hate them too...
    I don't really think their testmonials are true? really?

Aytac01, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  16. jameswalker

jameswalker Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't ever believe a testimonial I hear.
    I think that these pages do work though because most of the traffic to those types of landing pages are targeted traffic and it is people looking to actually buy the product, all that is left to do is convince them. Whether that is with fake testimonials, or just a well written article.

jameswalker, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  17. wtg

wtg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well those are not actually landing pages..instead just 100 feet long BS none of us would give a damn about..but hey there are still people on the planet who believes on that BS and buy stuff.. And yep many of us make money doing that kind of funky stuff (As a clickbank affiliate i used to do that a lot initially).

Their convert rate sucks and trust factor is less. no professionalism. Just simple and straightforward BS.

Let me show you some landing pages which does the job well (Actually pretty well) and you might change your perception on how a landing page should be.

look at this :

[​IMG]

or this

[​IMG]
    (these were from Unbounce.com).

wtg, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  18. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That would be an odd thing to think since they flat out said a page that has flashing gifs.

browntwn, Feb 11, 2013 IP