1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting out with $50?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by FIVE539, Mar 25, 2009.

First of all, I'm a college student...that means I have a tight budget and have to stick to it...for now.

Is it possible to start affiliate marketing with $50 on hand. If so, what is the best route to take? Some people are saying that I need more than that...

FIVE539, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  2. matik

matik Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess you can give affiliate marketing a try

matik, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  3. harrisonford

harrisonford Peon

Best Answers:
    buy a domain and off you go, the rest is free

harrisonford, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  4. johndoes

johndoes Peon

Best Answers:
    Well,

If everything works as planned you can get a free blog (free), write rich content / reviews which include your affiliate links (free), promote your blog using free sites (free) and keep promoting (free) and earn money. Then you can have a nice meal with your $50 :)

However, as you might guess nothing works as planned. But you can still work hard (even for others) and make it work with $50.

I'm running a high quality SEO service. If you want, I can assist you in the promotion part free of charge. My experiments on free blogs are giving impressive results.

Good Luck!

johndoes, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  5. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Buy a domain and get some hosting space. Start a blog there.

You can blog on any topic. But remember to post regularly, be active and write original.
    Put affliate links in your post and banners on your blog.

nihangshah, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  6. FIVE539

FIVE539 Peon

Best Answers:
    ok I forgot to mention, I don't really have the time required to maintain a blog or such site...I am wanting to lean towards PPC > landing page promotion but am not sure where to start...I don't think it's just that simple (creating a landing page with an offer and driving traffic to it..)

FIVE539, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  7. harrisonford

harrisonford Peon

Best Answers:
    great point FIVE539 pm me and i think i can help you on that

harrisonford, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  8. hbl

hbl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi FIVE539,

Affiliate marketing is a low risk, high potential business. This is one of the reasons that it is becoming so popular.

Google Adwords is very cost effective. It only takes a $5 deposit to start off your campaign. Read the entire tutorial that Google provides very carefully before you begin. Start with low bids and work up. Understand that some keywords will have high bids and others low ones. You will need to watch your campaign very well to ensure it is not going over your budget.

Tips to improve your campaign:

1. Monitor your campaigns well and carefully
    2. Join high paying affiliate programs to offset costs and make this campaign really effective
    3. Use as many keywords as you can to attract all the people in your market

Mistakes to avoid:

1. Do not use mirror sites - for Google campaigns it is good to have a landing page for your program if possible.
    2. No Pop ups or Pop under are allowed by Google
    3. Do not bid too high - although Google will often adjust this and lower your bid

I hope you have great success:)

hbl, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  9. BlogSalesman

BlogSalesman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $50 is NOT enough to start using PPC.

Go the route of free ... Squidoo, Blogger, Article Marketing. Make some money and start a little bankroll before you dive into PPC. If you will lose that $50, but you might be one the right track to a profitable campaign, but then you are done.

BlogSalesman, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  10. Think_Big

Think_Big Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Read this free Squidoo ebook that shows you how to make a good Squidoo lens from start to finish.

Next, build Squidoo lenses that promote ClickBank products.

Sure, initially it takes some time to set up the lenses, but after that the lenses work for you. And it's less time consuming than maintaining a blog.

Think_Big, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  11. PremiumWealth

PremiumWealth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey bro,

If you really want to start affiliate marketing in $50 then it's hard and time taking which you don't have.

That's why, my suggestion is think about how you can earn more $50 or enough cash to invest in Affiliate Marketing. If you have any programming, designing, or any other data entry skill then first try your luck at freelancing sites like Get A Free Lancer or Script lance. Earn enough cash to start affiliate marketing.

If you don't have any skill then I have few more options or tips for you. Just shoot me a PM, I am more than happy to help you. :)

regards,

PW .

PremiumWealth, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  12. dfourss

dfourss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The only money I have spent is to buy my domain name from blogger (through godaddy). Everything I do to earn money is free and you can read about it in My Blog. Yes, I don't make a ton of money but then I'm not spending any either

But it does take time.....whether you go the free or paid route. The last thing you want to do is start a paid ppc campaign and then not have the time to properly monitor the results. Good way to lose money.

dfourss, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  13. barrycryan

barrycryan Peon

Best Answers:
    50 dollars wont cut it with ppc. Maybe have a look for some free vouchers for ad campaigns such as google and yahoo as other methods are time consuming

barrycryan, Mar 26, 2009 IP