1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I Hate Getting One Cent Per Click

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by [fresh] CK, Mar 19, 2009.

1. ProTrac

ProTrac Peon

Best Answers:
    The only thing I can say is if you like and know a lot about the niche you have chosen to promote then write several good articles. How hip hop got started or something like that, post them on your website, sprinkle the articles with several google key words that pay higher. Also make sure those keywords are found in the title of the page and header, make sure you don't over do it with keywords or the keyword density.. Google seems to like a keyword density of about 2% of the page.

ProTrac, Mar 20, 2009 IP
  2. primeelite

primeelite Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a music website that was getting around 800 clicks a day at around 4 cents a click. The profit was so small for all of the people leaving our website that we went to CPA and CPM combination with just one text ad below our articles. We ended up selling the website but for reference the website was getting the same as a friends website who was in the internet/hosting niche and he was pulling in around $230 a day. It all depends on your niche whether music is right for you or not. Either way you will need to increase your traffic but you may want to look into a CPA network and push ringtones. You can get around $5-$12 a lead.

primeelite, Mar 20, 2009 IP
  3. Komicwords

Komicwords Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe adsense already has "channel keywords so that you can chose what keywords related ads gonna appear on your adsense campaign ,further more,since Google has give ad manager tool I think you can used it to test which placement that is best and what placement will bring higher return

Komicwords, Mar 20, 2009 IP
  4. [fresh] CK

[fresh] CK Peon

Best Answers:
    How can you tell that the there are problems within the meta tags? I'm using the all-in-one SEO plugin right now, and I thought that it was doing a pretty good job with the meta stuff

Another really amateur question...@primeelite - What service did you use to do CPC and CPM? Or did you just talk directly to the people who wanted advertisements?

[fresh] CK, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  5. ciorap2009

ciorap2009 Banned

Best Answers:
    i get only a few cents too , it`s all depending on niche and i know mine is low , but with a lot of traffic in the future i guess i`l be fine :)

ciorap2009, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  6. stackman

stackman Peon

Best Answers:
    Everybody has a hip-hop site and Google doesn't have many advertisers who are willing to pay a lot of money for hip-hop ads. It's just a bad niche for Adsense. Try converting to auto insurance or credit repair.

stackman, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  7. Shivkpr16

Shivkpr16 Active Member

Best Answers:
    music sites dont have really high paying keywords so try something else

Shivkpr16, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  8. mnvamsi

mnvamsi Active Member

Best Answers:
    well ppc does depend on keywords and also the location where your page is viewed.
    If you have a webpage about Insurance with google ads.A click from US can fetch you good money where as if you get a click from sri lanka or India where ppc rates are low you get much lesser revenue.
    I may not be correct but I want some body to clarify this point as well.

mnvamsi, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  9. eastmobiles

eastmobiles Active Member

Best Answers:
    i sometimes get very low paid clicks, well better than none.

eastmobiles, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  10. skins4webs

skins4webs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can get near 10 cents a click with a good hip hop blog with lots of content and solid articles. That adds up quick, of course, its not the best niche. Take my suggestions in the earlier post incorporated with using good keywords, like hip hop clothing, and you will be on your way. You need to understand the advantages in having a hip hop site over an insurance site as well. Its easier to attract users, keep users, bigger fanbase, easier traffic and a lot more available content. Granted, "dcristo" made a good point earlier. You will have a real hard time with affiliates and advertisers are less likely to give you high paying clicks because the audience is less apt to buy something. Thats why you need to think intelligently about how to bring a broad amount of advertisers to your site while staying true to your niche. I know, it is easier said than done.

skins4webs, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  11. laurenralph

laurenralph Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh no....

I hate 1cent/1 clicks too.

Because i same you.

laurenralph, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  12. 12Magazine

12Magazine Peon

Best Answers:
    1 cent per click it's not good...

12Magazine, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  13. tommygadget

tommygadget Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the confusion comes about because you don't understand the whole adsense picture. Google has advanced algorithms to track things like bounce rate, conversions, time on sites, etc., etc. Here are some tips that will answer a few questions in this thread:
    1) Your on-page seo should be in order. The main keywords that you target should be in your domain name, the website title, keyword meta tags and in the body of the main text at the beginning and end of the main page.
    2) Your off-page seo should include links from RELEVANT sources. Such sources include, but are not limited to: articles you write which whet the appetite of the reader to come to your site (submit these to the top 30 article directories), forum posting (I said posting, not spamming), blog commenting (I said commenting, not spamming), and if you must (this for backlinks, NOT traffic) social bookmarking, etc. I social bookmark at the very beginning of a site's lifetime, before adsense is on the site. That allows the useless traffic to die off and the links to add value to my site. If you want to monetize during this period, consider cpa offers with free trials. That should get you some $$$ while the site ages nicely.
    3) You have the wrong keywords! Sometimes all you need is a slightly different keyword phrase to double or triple your CPC. Here's how you see it in this tool: go to google's external keyword tool and on the right is a drop down box that says "Choose columns to display". Select the CPC column and then click on the heading twice to sort from the highest paying keyword phrase down. That's it.
    4) Don't give your reader everything they came for. If you do, they'll say "thanks and bye" and your CTR will drop like a rock (or LED Zeppelin). Anyway, once you warm the reader up, they'll be glad to click on an ad that has what they were looking for.
    5) If you have a blog, for goodness sake, make sure that you have ONE post per page. Otherwise, the bot will be confused and the ads will be all over the place.
    Well, I hope this helps someone.

TomG.

tommygadget, Mar 23, 2009 IP
    ClassHelper.org likes this.
  14. ClassHelper.org

ClassHelper.org Guest

Best Answers:
    Very insightful post. This is why I read DP; there are folks around here willing to offer seriously valuable help to beginners :).

ClassHelper.org, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  15. mdamin76

mdamin76 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Traffic from search engines are the best and targeted. My advice is, improve your site's ranking on Google & Yahoo.

mdamin76, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  16. [fresh] CK

[fresh] CK Peon

Best Answers:
    You sir, are an angel. Thank you very much for all the advice.

One thing though--when you say CPA offers with free trials...I have no idea what you're talking about whatsoever. You mean offer an advertisers a free trial advertising on my site?

[fresh] CK, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  17. CTThompson

CTThompson Member

Best Answers:
    You *can* make money with music sites, you just need a site with high traffic volume. If you've got traffic, there are better ad networks out there than AdSense. With established traffic, you get deals with networks that focus on music, like CD ads.

CTThompson, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  18. tommygadget

tommygadget Peon

Best Answers:
    Well thanks :D Now as to CPA offers, I mean signup with a network like NeverBlue ads and they have offers for free trials of everything from ringtones to weight loss pills. While the social traffic is looking around, potentially screwing up your adsense account, keep those offers up and wait a couple of weeks for them to go away and the link power to kick in and then put adsense up. The digg submission often is enough by itself to get google's bot to index your site in the first 24 hours of life. Hope this helps.

TomG.

tommygadget, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  19. blognbucks

blognbucks Peon

Best Answers:
    You must be having games site. Because i too get 1 cent. Yes john is correct. Focus your niche(category of site) and country(visitors).

Have images ads. I have seen that link ads never pays good.

blognbucks, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  20. [fresh] CK

[fresh] CK Peon

Best Answers:
    Alright so when I'm trying the CPA ads I should take down the adsense ads?

[fresh] CK, Mar 24, 2009 IP