1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What has DP turned into?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Silver89, Mar 22, 2009.

I've never said anything bad about DP or any of the moderators etc, they all do a fine job with the site.

What concerns me is more about the users, it seems with everyday there are just posts about:

• $1 signature links
    • 500 word articles $.50
    • 100000 backlinks $.50
    • How do I make money from adsense?

Sorts of posts!

It's just people wanting to make money yet noone knows how to make that money, I've come to the conclusion that better forums exist and a very large majority of DP members are a complete waste of time.

This site is no longer about quality, it's about numbers, Bad Times.

Silver89, Mar 22, 2009 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  2. shailendra

shailendra Peon

Best Answers:
    yes absolutely correct...DP is losing its charm. It should follow the quality guidelines of webmasterworld

shailendra, Mar 22, 2009 IP
    deluxdon likes this.
  3. Lpe04

Lpe04 Peon

Best Answers:
    I wonder if Shawn still gets on here? Anyone seen him lately?

Lpe04, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  4. Silver89

Silver89 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    997 posts in 3 months?

woah :p

5. Lpe04

Lpe04 Peon

Best Answers:
    It would lose a ton of its traffic then. I wonder if it's still even maintained

Lpe04, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  6. Silver89

Silver89 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You just porved my point 100% - Numbers game :D

7. Lpe04

Lpe04 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, if I ever have to ask a serious question, I always go to WMWorld first ;) I usually come on here to "play around" or shoot the breeze :)

A couple of times I've gotten weird redirects off this site that my virus manager has caught. weird.

Lpe04, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  8. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    While I agree that such selling isn't sound practices economically and business wise, it is still a free market. You pay peanuts, you get monkeys. There are those quality writers etc who maintain a reasonable pricing. It depends on how you look at things and also what is your expectations. I am always a free market believer.

wisdomtool, Mar 22, 2009 IP
    jackass2007 likes this.
  9. Lpe04

Lpe04 Peon

Best Answers:
    I blame it on all the get rich with Adsense guys :)

Lpe04, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  10. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with wisdomtool, any site this big where there are more sellers than buyers and more desperate people trying to make something online as disposable income will come along...

Shazz, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  11. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

Kerosene, Mar 22, 2009 IP
    DomainMagnate likes this.
  12. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    This is nothing new it's been this way for a few years now. You actually registered around about the time it started going downhill. This is the problem you face with having a VERY popular forum. There are still quality posts, it just takes longer to find them. And you are exaggerating a bit. You can't get 500 word articles for $.50 at least not human written unique content. What's wrong with selling signature links? It's called internet advertising, and you do realize we are on an internet advertising forum :)

dcristo, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  13. Silver89

Silver89 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You'd be surprised, this isn't too far off..

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1275915

But the point is we're all here to make money yet noones making money (compared to other forum users - some making $5k a day easily ... through methods not for dp discussion)

yet still hundreds of people join a day selling at $1-$5, what's the point of selling at such small numbers?

14. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Who's not making any money? You? So you assume everyone on this forum isn't making money online? Mate, wake up and smell the roses. Plenty of people are making money on this forum. Whether it be selling a product/service/affiliate marketing/adsense/advertising or whatever. There is a ton of noobs who join this forum wanting to make money online, so you may get the perception no one is making any money. But your kidding yourself if you think thats the case.

dcristo, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  15. Silver89

Silver89 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Trust me I'm making money, I've paid off my degree loan and I'm 19, unemployed and got 6 months till university starts up again.

Next cheque on the 31st will pay off all my holidays and festivals this year.

I'm purely saying it's hard to find a post on here that will earn me any sort of substantial income over the internet. The most usefull section of the site on here is to help with coding issues at the moment.

Most times I come on DP to look for a topic to even reply to but that's hard to find one even relevant or replyable.

16. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    How are you making money. If you know it all that means you are doing product launches all the time, dabble with affiliate marketing, have a large number of adsense sites, probably have high traffic sites and selling direct advertising. You do all that? If you don't, then you have stuff to learn. When you start thinking you know it all, that's the beginning of the end.

By the sounds of it, you are mostly interested in coding. In that case, then yeah I would agree there are probably better forums which specialize in this topic.

But if you want a general webmaster forum, then DP kicks ass.

dcristo, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  17. terminator69

terminator69 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL

I haven't heard any news about him since the cookie-stuffing thing many months ago.

terminator69, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  18. Silver89

Silver89 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't use adsense, doesn't pay high enough and no I don't sell direct advertising at all. General webamsters don't really make that much, that's why there's millions of "general webmasters".

At least you have a good taste in music, Armin's State of trances are amazing! Maybe we agree on one thing at least?

19. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    LOL

I am not disagreeing with you, just confused by the point of your post I guess. It's a popular forum of course there will be lots of noobs.

It's always good listening to ASOT every week. Above & Beyond have a really good sound as well. You're a lucky bugger being based in Europe!

dcristo, Mar 22, 2009 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  20. kalinpetrovbg

kalinpetrovbg Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems that if you remove all posts and threads which contain the word "India" or "Indian" there will only few left here :D

kalinpetrovbg, Mar 23, 2009 IP