1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

coldfusion mail server

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Jamie18, Aug 7, 2008.

hopefully i've found the right spot for this thread...

i've got a CF application which will send a confirmation e-mail to users when they apply for something...

however recently someone who applied said they received no confirmation.. on further inspection i noticed he had an accented e in his e-mail address..

something like stéphane@server.net.. on further testing i found out that not only when a user has any accented characters in their address do they not receive the e-mail.. but none of the other addresses receive the e-mail either...

has anyone dealt with this before? i wasn't able to come up with much from google.

Jamie18, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  2. phydiux

phydiux Peon

Best Answers:
    Check the CF mail server logfile - you can find the location of the logfile in the CF administrator. It should show you failure messages, and you should be able to debug it from there.

Alternately, you can check the undeliverable directory (it's [cfroot]/mail/undelivr) and you should see any undeliverable messages. If your messages exist in there, then they aren't getting through.

I've also seen issues where the mail server CF is connecting to (the server you're sending the email from) won't accept email from addresses that don't exist on that server. So, if your your from address in your cfmail tagdoesn't exist on that server, then you won't be able to send a message from that server.

phydiux, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  3. websiteideas

websiteideas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You might try running cfmail in html mode, or using the character code for that character instead.

websiteideas, Aug 8, 2008 IP
  4. mateon3000

mateon3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    mateon3000, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  5. smith2009

smith2009 Peon

Best Answers:
    smith2009, Apr 13, 2009 IP