1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Joomla 1.5, AEC & Community Builder - any experts?

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by mywebwork, Mar 16, 2009.

Hi

I'm putting together a membership site using Joomla 1.5.9, the AEC 0.12.6RC2o subscription module (in legacy mode) and Community Builder 1.2. I have setup the AEC with a PayPal subscription gateway and am currently pointing to my sandbox account.

The payment process seems to work (PayPal records the transaction) and in Community Builder User Management I see my new user as being enabled, confirmed and approved.

But my user cannot login, any attempt to do this causes the user to be sent to the Payment Plans page. In AEC I don't see any active plans, instead the new users end up under "manual subscribers" and they aren't associated with a plan, have no recorded payment method and are set for "lifetime" expiration (which is wrong, it's a monthly plan).

I have another similar setup on a site using Joomla 1.0.13 and the same components (and JACL), this one works fine with the same sandbox account. I have been using it to compare settings to troubleshoot the non-working version 1.5 setup, so far I haven't spotted any differences.

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong with my 1.5 setup? Is not having JACL or the equivalent responsible? I followed the AEC guidelines for using Joomla 1.5, everything (including the hacks) seemed to install properly.

I would be grateful for any assistance, thanks!

Bill

mywebwork, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  2. Mr Goldberg

Mr Goldberg Banned

Best Answers:
    We are the best team for AEC+ CB in Joomla..
    Have done a lot of projects in this. If you want,I can show them to you...

Send me your SKYPE ID via PM now. I would love to do the project for you. :)

Mr Goldberg, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  3. fgllc

fgllc Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Bill,

Try disabling the regular Joomla login and just keeping the CB one published. This might help any login issues. I've had some trouble with AEC/CB myself in the past and that worked. Hope this helps...

fgllc, Mar 21, 2009 IP
  4. mywebwork

mywebwork Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi fgllc

Actually this is how I had it set up.

Thanks though, any other suggestions?

Bill

mywebwork, Mar 21, 2009 IP