1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What TRUE "Christianity" Offers, NO Other Religion Can/Does

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Nehemiah, Mar 17, 2009.

There is today sadly, Two "Christianities".

One is the "Christianity" that any and everybody believes that they're familiar with (mainly, "I believe in GOD.", and "I keep the 10 Commandments."). . .in fact it is MORE SECULAR than Any other Religion known to man today.

And then there is TRUE "Christianity" . It is Believing IN/ON THE WORD of GOD (aka: "The Bible") "made Flesh...", from Genesis 1:1 to Revelations 22:21 (and all points in between). TRUE "Christianity" is base on Religion in name only; for it is by people (mankind), who weren't necessarily Believers themselves, that gave "Christianity" its name (Acts 11:26). But that aside, TRUE "Christianity" offers what NO Other Religion (which are all man-made) can and does offer.

TRUE "Christianity" Offers:

1) A [THE] RESURRECTED SAVIOR and LORD: JESUS CHRIST.

2) SALVATION by GRACE (Unmerited Favor to mankind, ONLY from GOD) ALONE. "Works" are Totally Useless outside of Salvation. SALVATION by GRACE, says "Done". . .while Salvation in all other religions say "Do". . .and then, "maybe" or "maybe not".

3) Total, Complete, Secured and Sealed Salvation. Past, Present, and Future, from The Penalty of Sin, The Power of Sin, and The Presence of Sin. . .ALL by THE POWER of GOD HIMSELF (aka: THE HOLY GHOST/SPIRIT)

:cool::D;)

Nehemiah, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  2. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So there are Chrsitians who believe in God as described in the bible and try to follow those teachings -- and then there's the group that I assume you belong to who try to take the bible as the literal word of God.....

Even though the bible was written by men who lived in a time when anything unexplained was magic, has been passed down through the ages, translated multiple times, has multiple versions, and because of it's vagueness and botched translations is subject to a practically infinite amount interpretations....

Christian infighting is hilarious. Please continue. :D

GeorgeB., Mar 17, 2009 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Oh, don't encourage him. Anything where one group claims to have the higher moral ground over "faith" is ridiculous. I'm a Christian but I still only claim to have "faith" rather than "proof". I believe, but it's more hope and faith than anything!

sarahk, Mar 17, 2009 IP
    lycos and browntwn like this.
  4. it career

it career Notable Member

Best Answers:
    To OP stop wasting posting copy,paste thread , do you see Jesus in your heart whenever you close your eyes , I bet you do not , which also proves he will not come to take you to heaven when you die.

Whatever energy you waste here , redirect it to love him , may be he will come to you , before you die.

EDIT: OP means Original Poster , The thread starter :D

it career, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  5. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure there are; just like there are 'ats/ags' who believe they descended (as in CAME DOWN) from monkeys and "try to follow those teachings"; and you seem to be part of "the group. . .who try to" exhibit that in your everyday life...

Sure thing, just like your particular brand of "evolution" is just a "theory", with absolutely no observable evidence, past or present, to make it more than just a "theory"; and so you see, my believing "The Bible", that "was", as you put it, "written by men who lived in a time when anything unexplained was magic, has been passed down through the ages, translated multiple times, has multiple versions, and because of it's vagueness and botched translations is subject to a practically infinite amount interpretations....", shouldn't be to your understanding, any less difficult to understand and believe, than you believing that you Evolved/CAME DOWN from a monkey. . .should it???:eek:

But not nearly as "hilarious" as watching the "infighting" of monkeys determining who the "alpha male" is to be, huh?:D

Your statement is very contradictory according to Scripture, which states, "Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence ("proof") of things not seen". And that's from "The Bible", you know that book you're supposed to BELIEVE, per your claim as being "a Christian"??? Seems to me that you're kinda like Peter was when he was found warming himself at the enemy's fire. Shame on you.

Could you be more Specific as to who's post you're addressing?

Nehemiah, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  6. TheNoose

TheNoose Peon

Best Answers:
    From what I've seen of the world - there are no true Christians.

TheNoose, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Perhaps, but maybe I believe in God, Christ but not necessarily the book? It's possible and not blasphemous. After all the book was written from memory and is a handbook of stories to guide desirable behaviour.

sarahk, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  8. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think I really believe that Jesus was God anymore.

But wow, it's really been hard to break out of this belief system since I was raised as a very conservative Christian since birth, and am still surrounded by it. Actually I think I partly have the love of my life to thank for forcing me to do some soul searching lately, and I happened to remember all at once that #1) I don't have to worry about going to hell because it says the opposite of that in the Bible anyway, #2) The only effect I've ever seen come from Christianity is a negative one. Very rarely it seems to have a positive effect, but I think that is eventually overtaken when something happens to change the person's situation. (and lithium is probably safer lol), and #3) I'm starting to be thankful for people like Nehemiah who bring to the surface all those things that most Christians are too smart to admit. Without people like him I might still be in denial and passively spreading this stuff too. I think I'm starting to get well though. One of you better shoot me if I get bitten again though ;)

SolutionX, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  9. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Except I have more physical evidence I can see, that supports what I believe. You just believe even in the face of the fact that it doesn't make any sense. As I just demonstrated.

It's like you're trying (and miserably failing) to mock something that makes sense -- while at the same time holding up an alternative that obviously doesn't make sense. It both baffles and entertains me.

Do you see what I'm saying? I just demonstrated how a copied, translated, transcribed, body of literature derived from a flawed original literary work is openly accepted by you as the word of God without question and without reason. Yet you think you made a good point by pointing at what just could be a very likely and plausible theory as if that is the one that's ridiculous? :D

Absolutely and unequivocally false.

Your problem here is that you are... well I'm just gonna make up a word here... "regullable". You see regullable is where an otherwise normal and rational person who can think for themselves is instantly transformed into someone with the gullibility of a 4 year old when anything they are told is put in religious context.

You see it's become crystal clear here in our little conversations that you don't do your own research. Partly because (as you have admitted multiple times) you are mentally limited in that you cannot see past the answer being God. Therefore, you don't even make an attempt to question anything that is spoon fed to you so long as it's coming from a religious source.... regullable.

The point is.... it's obvious that you read some fundamentalist article denouncing evolution as "just a theory" or heard some religious leader in your life speak on it. Problem is, you just accepted it. You didn't think to dig deeper, or to question it at all.

Your "regullability" didn't allow the thought to occur to you that evolution is taught in school and not creationism because one of the two actually has real, teachable facts and proven science behind it and one relies on a silly story told countless different ways across HUNDREDS of religions. Let's say the crazy fundamentalists were to somehow get their way around the world. Guess what... If every culture tried to teach creationism they would all teach it differently because of all the different religions. Instead... what we have today is what happens when people base what is taught in our classrooms on FACTS and not any one of the HUNDREDS of religion's particular nonsense.

Take any 2 elementary school children and teach one evolution and one creationism and see which one asks you the most questions you cannot answer....

Here's a fact for you.... the fact evolution is even labeled a theory and not hypothesis alone makes it superior to religion which doesn't even have enough supporting evidence to make it a hypothesis...

It saddens me that I even have to break it down to a child's level like this to explain it to you but the lesson here is to think for yourself before you go regurgitating nonsense.... I guess mutation, reproduction, and natural selection are just "theories" too huh? :rolleyes:

Did you know that there is no scientific study that conclusively proves that smoking causes cancer? Why don't you go to your church and give cigarettes to all the kids? That cancer shit is just a "theory".....

There's being reasonably skeptical of a given theory and then there's what you're doing.... being purposely obtuse just to try and prove a failing point.

GeorgeB., Mar 18, 2009 IP
  10. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    Where is it? Don't just tell me you have it; produce it for all to see! But if you had any you would have produced it by now, so we all know that you don't have any, do you???

Is it because your belief is so patently illogical and ignorant that it"baffles and entertains" you? Here you are believing that you (and others) descended (CAME DOWN) from monkeys (but you can't see the implication there can you?:eek:); and I believe and know, with all the Proofs available, that we're the results of INTELLIGENT DESIGN.

No I don't "see what" you're "saying". And if you were truly honest, you'd admit that even "you" don't "see what" what you're "saying"; but because you're an 'at/ag', without a moral compass, you don't have to concern yourself about feeling guilt because you lie, huh?
    And again, show me any "plausible" way that you "descended" (CAME DOWN, which is what the word "descended" means isn't it?) from a monkey.

Why is it "Absolutely and unequivocally false"? You've already shown that you don't have a reason to suffer any remorse when you lie, because you don't believe GOD; so are we to just take your word, without any proof, that what you're referring to here is "Absolutely and unequivocally false". . .just because you say so?

You seem to "make up" everything else, that is absolutely ludicrous (which is a real word. . .in your case. . .perfect); Its definition and/or synonyms: causing laughter because of absurdity; provoking or deserving derision; ridiculous; laughable; farcical, ridiculous, absurd, cockeyed, derisory, etc.

Once again, recognizing that I'm dealing with a prime example of terminally autistic attention deficit severe disorder, I will repeat: 1) THERE IS/ARE NO ANSWER(S) PAST GOD!!!. . .if there were any answers past HIM then HE wouldn't be GOD. . .the answers would, duh. And, 2) I DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO ANY MAN-MADE "religious source".

And where, pray tell, did you get your info on "the theory of evolution"?
    And please tell me that after you got the info, you then proceeded to "dig deeper", for the remains of the monkey that you claim you descended (CAME DOWN) from!:D

And there aren't many "different theories of evolution"? Here's a Newsflash for you, TRUE "creationism" is not about a "religion", its about a RELATIONSHIP. . .with THE CREATOR and HIS Creation. And the reason that the former is now chosen over the latter is because of 'ats/ags', like yourself, are in positions of this world's power, to make and enforce those kinds of laws. Dang, Satan Claus and the Easter Bunny is taught in today's classrooms, but JESUS CHRIST, nor the devil is.

That's easy: "evolution"! Everybody knows that. Why? Because "evolution" can only go backwards so far, before running right smack dab into GOD. So if you've got GOD out of the classroom, you don't have to eventually answer the question of "2 elementary school children", or 2 billion for that matter.

No, again you lie; "evolution is even labeled a theory and not hypothesis" because with "evolution" you don't ever have to show anything as working; but with a "hypothesis", sooner or later you going to have to show some working model/evidence of what you're claiming.

And as far Proving the Existence of GOD, the only reason that any 'ats/ags' can give is that you/they can't see HIM. You all have absolutely no other valid reasons, whatsoever, for your unbelief.
    Never mind, you can't see your self-awareness; you can't see Love; you can't see Joy; you can't see energy; you can't see gravity; etc.

Well see, what really "saddens me" is that you think you've broken "it down to a child's level", when, in reality, all you've done is "to break it down" by attempting "to explain it" in monkey-ese. When you think you have "descended (CAME DOWN)" from a lower form of animal, you'll start acting, thinking, and communicating like them, huh?

With no belief in GOD and no moral compass, we should be reading and/or hearing about you in the News media, as having done something so stupid as to "give cigarettes to all the kids", huh?

My point is already proven. . .many times over. You'll be the one up the rest of the night and most of tomorrow trying to come up with a reply/response to this post. . .but you'll only come up with some sorry, south end of a north bound horse, reaction to it. . .because that's all you can come up with.:D

Nehemiah, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  11. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well said. There are some people, not you, who really give Christians a bad name around here.

browntwn, Mar 19, 2009 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  12. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    Look at your hypocrisy! You wouldn't know about "believe in God, Christ" if it wasn't for "the book". Name me one "book" that wasn't "written from" some "memory". You can't do it, can you? And it certainly doesn't help your argument nor your credibility when you use words like "maybe", "not necessarily", and "possible", in trying to justify your obvious contradictory claim to being a "Christian".

Are you one of those "some people", or are you just another 'at/ag', who purports to know what "Christians" are suppose to look like, while at the same time not believing in GOD, nor HIS WORD (aka "The Bible")?
    As long as people, such as yourself, can constantly "slap" around so-called "Christians", say any and everything you want about so-called "Christianity", and attempt to define how a so-called "Christian" is to behave, you're as happy as a dog in a meat house; but when you run into someone, like me, who's know who they are in CHRIST JESUS, and at the same time, knows who you're not, you then want to cast all kinds of aspersions. . .well sorry, that won't work with me. . .nor any of the other TRUE Christians around here.
    You're incapable of defining yourself, so I'm certainly not going to allow you to define me.

Nehemiah, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  13. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    Nehemiah, I keep trying to read your posts, but they really tend to be a bit unorganized and demeaning on top of that. I have a feeling that not many people are even trying anymore.

SolutionX, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  14. jumpboy11jaop

jumpboy11jaop Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I just skip nehemyuh's (Intentional misspelling) posts, and only read the ones that make sense.

jumpboy11jaop, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  15. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    If his posts were atheistic I wonder if he'd be banned by now.

LogicFlux, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  16. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I "THINK" the [KEY] is to TYPE/WRITE in some BIZARRE fashion, using random CAPS and bold UNDERlines to distract the reader from the nonsensical GIBBERISH being "regularly" posted. Someone obviously didn't get enough coloring BOOKS or attention as a child.

GOD TOLD ME TO "WRITE" THIS, I HAD NO CHOICE. I AM BUT A MERE MESSENGER or a WALRUS.

browntwn, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  17. cientificoloco

cientificoloco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

maybe, let ME "try"

cientificoloco, Mar 19, 2009 IP
    browntwn likes this.
  18. TheNoose

TheNoose Peon

Best Answers:
    Fail. Missing the red font. Please try again.

TheNoose, Mar 19, 2009 IP
    browntwn likes this.
  19. jumpboy11jaop

jumpboy11jaop Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm... How's this-

"Fail" is not a sentence. Why don't YOU "try again"?

Of COURSE there is a GOD. This MAKES total sense GOD told me to do this.

jk everyone :cool:

jumpboy11jaop, Mar 19, 2009 IP
    browntwn likes this.
  20. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    If you are trying to recruit people to your way of thought then you are certainly going about it the wrong way.

Zibblu, Mar 20, 2009 IP