1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$70 Logo Contest - Winner takes all - payment via paypal

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by proteindude, Mar 14, 2009.

1. jackieh1791

jackieh1791 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi. Thanks for the contest. Here is my try...
    [​IMG]

jackieh1791, Mar 18, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  2. anidesign

anidesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

anidesign, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  3. MastMnds

MastMnds Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

MastMnds, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  4. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Watari: Thanks for the new submissions. They look great. My mind has not been changed yet: along with anidesign and xpressions yours is my favorite. You've certainly given me plenty to choose from and they look good.

Itaydr: I appreciate the new one but I think you missed the part where I was ditching the leaf.

Joidiamonds: I appreciate the fighting spirit. I just think you missed the part about ditching the leaf in favour for something more generic. I must say your designs are improving so keep up the great work.

jackieh1791: good to see you again. I know this has been a marathon contest and I think you may have missed the part where I decided to no longer use the leaf but instead go for something more generic and also decided to use the initials (ANP).

anidesign: I like your work and style but I think this time there may be a little issue. The text is extremely well balanced and good looking. I am not sure about the icons but I know you can do something much better with a small alteration. The "issue" or better said what concerns me is the fact the logo will have to be placed on a white background from time to time. I am not a designer so my imagination is limited that is why I am wondering how would the logo look on a white background considering the letters are white.

MastMnds: I appreciate the new one but my mind is made up regarding the leaf which I decided to no longer use. Thanks for participating.

Just waiting for xpressions and mitcharr before choosing the winner.

proteindude, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  5. logorice

logorice Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    UNTIL THERE'S A FEEDBACK I WILL STILL CREATE A LAYOUT.......... ahohohoho
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Simple is the best!!!!

logorice, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  6. anidesign

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

anidesign, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  7. mitcharr

mitcharr Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here is the compact version

Thanks

[​IMG]

mitcharr, Mar 19, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  8. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    logorice: I may misunderstand you but I provided feedback for everysingle entry of yours. This last one looks good, it also looks very presentable on a white background which is great. The only downside in your design is I wanted to remove the leaf and instead try and use a generic, neutral icon/effect because the leaf is giving it a bit of a girly look and the products would also be sold to men.

anidesign: what can I say other than great work once again. The one dilemma I have with your designs is this: I absolutely love the simplicity of the anp and the way all natural products is also positioned. Looks really good and well balanced and very stylish. I also figured out a way to use the white letters on a white background. the way I would do that is to place everything on a green oval or rectangle and then place the oval on a white background. And yet despite the great text I feel like something is not 100% there. Perhaps ditching the icon and then just adding a little green stroke or a little green small something to one of the anp letters. I am not sure because I like the text and its position very much and yet not fully sold on the combination with the icon.

mitcharr: thanks for doing my head in :) Your new one certainly looks good and until your entry was submitted I was focusing mainly on xpressions, anidesign and watari. What's even more perplexing is I actually like the one with the leaf in it. Both designs look really, really good and even after xpressions post her design I may need one day to decide which one is going to be the winner.

It's not going to be an easy decision at all. I may send xpressions a pm to remind her, otherwise I will have to choose between mitcharr, anidesign and watari.

proteindude, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  9. logorice

logorice Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Until theirs no declaring of winner I will not stop to design.......... ahohohoh
    [​IMG]

logorice, Mar 19, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  10. anidesign

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

anidesign, Mar 19, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  11. TightWad

TightWad Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I thought this was between three people - but I see it keeps changing, so I'm adding another entry:
    [​IMG]

TightWad, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  12. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    anidesign: brilliant entries. Looks really good and I can't think of anything to improve them. Awesome colours.

TightWad: sorry for the confusion. What I meant is those three designs were the leading ones and they were the ones to beat if anyone can do something better. I said the competition is still open but I wanted to be clear about the designs I like the most. It is now 4 including mitcharr's entry which is really playing with my mind. Regarding your entry: It looks good but one thing I like in the "winning" designs is the positioning of all natural products. They seem to have nailed this positioning. In your case the text is simply placed under the initials. Don't get me wrong, your logo is pleasant but I am looking at the overall design. I am not sure about the blue wave. I think it should have been also green and I also think the initials should have some slight effect or something because the edges of the letters look a little plain.

logorice: I like your attitude. Also thanks for paying attention to the leaf thing. yes your design is better and more suitable and getting better with every try. However, I still happen to like the anidesign, xpressions, watari's and mitcharr's best. This is just my opinion. What's that thing: an opinion can't be right or wrong. It's just that an opinion. Or something along those lines. Thanks for posting your entries.

proteindude, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  13. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Just a quick note to say this contest has not been abandoned. I am still considering the entries of the top 4 finalists (anidesign, watari, mitcharr and xpressions). I am waiting for one more entry from xpressions and I may just need another day after that to fully decide. A logo is something I will be stuck with for a very long time and I need to make sure I get it right so please put up with me for another day or so.

proteindude, Mar 20, 2009 IP
  14. xpressions

xpressions Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you for the feedback. I understand you don't want a leaf, and wanted something a bit more generic...how about a blade of grass instead? Can create a variant on black background with effects should you like this direction.

[​IMG]

xpressions, Mar 20, 2009 IP
    watari likes this.
  15. hazard

hazard Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    my entry :D

[​IMG]

hazard, Mar 20, 2009 IP
  16. UKF_Kurtis

UKF_Kurtis Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    UKF_Kurtis, Mar 20, 2009 IP
  17. willhaynes

willhaynes Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    another try from me -
    [​IMG]

willhaynes, Mar 20, 2009 IP
  18. hazard

hazard Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    revised

[​IMG]

hazard, Mar 21, 2009 IP
  19. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hazard: thanks for the entries but none of them fit my style. The first one is too busy and the second one (the text) is a touch too plain.

UKF_Kurtis: thanks for the entry. Let me say something (again): that poster design contest that you won is still one of my favorite designs I ever received at dp. However, this logo you did, I don't think it's one of your better designs. It just looks a touch too plain and perhaps you also missed the fact I decided not to use the leaf anymore.

willhaynes
    : thanks for the new one. It looks good: simple and stylish just what I am looking and the only part I don't like is the colours you used. Great way of incorporating the leaf into the p, but again, you may also have missed the part where I decided not to use leaf anymore as it may look a little girly and the products will also be bought by men.

The two finalists: after looking at the top designs again and again and again, I narrowed it to two finalists: the two designs that are the ones I find the most suitable are anidesign and xpressions. Anidesign you don't need to do anything. They look good just as they are.

Xpressions: I really, really like the simplicity of your design but here's where I am. Your design in my opinion is not fully finished. I like the concept and everything but I can't make a decision until I see a more "finite" design meaning I need you to perhaps add a little more colour to it and by saying that I need you to make the green look a little more brighter. I don't like the blade of grass because it looks like a swoosh and personally I am not a big fan of swooshes. Don't be afraid to remove the swoosh all together and perhaps just colour up the logo a little more to give it that natural, fresh look/colour. I hope I am not confusing you too much but for example anidesign's logo does not have any "natural" icons and yet because of the colours she used the logo looks natural and stylish. Please let me know if I don't make sense because my mind is definitely made up: it's between you and anidesign.

Guys, I appreciate all your entries but I will not accept anymore designs. This is now just between xpressions and anidesign.

I want to thank all for making this a great contest and especially a big thanks to watari and mitcharr as well as VictoriaAnn for finally entering one of my contests :)

proteindude, Mar 21, 2009 IP
  20. mitcharr

mitcharr Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Congrats to finalists, great entries and great contest, will keep a lookout for anymore of your contests in the future proteindude

mitcharr, Mar 21, 2009 IP