1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$70 Logo Contest - Winner takes all - payment via paypal

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by proteindude, Mar 14, 2009.

1. anidesign

anidesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

anidesign, Mar 17, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  2. mitcharr

mitcharr Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I will submit a revision tonight

mitcharr, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  3. xpressions

xpressions Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi. I haven't had the time to submit anything to any of your latest contests, nor did I now, but wanted to contribute something...perhaps not what you are looking for, however didn't want to let another contest go by without at least giving it a go. Regards,

[​IMG]

xpressions, Mar 17, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  4. TightWad

TightWad Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

TightWad, Mar 17, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  5. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    WOW, this is my greatest contest ever. I also got an entry from Xpressions who along with VictoriaAnn and AniDesign are in my opinion the most talented dudettes here at DP. Did I mention this before? Maybe just a few hundred times.

Guys, I will try and come back with some feedback for everyone later today and I just wanted to say thanks for the new revisions with ANP.

Also Watari has already been paid the $20 bonus ang again, the winner will now receive $90.

Also later today when I have some more time I will let you know about the leading designs.

proteindude, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  6. mitcharr

mitcharr Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here is a revision, a couple other options up the top as well.

Thanks

[​IMG]

mitcharr, Mar 17, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  7. renderwork

renderwork Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

renderwork, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  8. MastMnds

MastMnds Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Little more revisions shortened the P and also added a bar to distinguish the ANP from the text below.

[​IMG]

MastMnds, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  9. Gorgon

Gorgon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Wow. So many good entries.

[​IMG]

Gorgon, Mar 17, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  10. Gorgon

Gorgon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Gorgon, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  11. MastMnds

MastMnds Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    New leaf and some little modifications

[​IMG]

MastMnds, Mar 17, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  12. logorice

logorice Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello sir, here's my last revision of ANP...... hope you like it!!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

logorice, Mar 18, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  13. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    And here comes the feedback and I will also choose the finalists.

hanidesigns: thanks for doing the logo with just the initials. Nice font but I think it looks a little more like a nice gardening product. Also it is a little busy for my liking

hipstick: you're not too late and thanks for the entry but the logo is a little too busy for my liking. I do like the shades of green that you used

MastMnds: very nice and stylish and there is nothing negative I can say except I happen to like other designs better. I could be wrong, but my opinion is if you have 3 or more major initials, then the rest of the text should be smaller. Thanks again for entering this contest and also thanks for the great entries.

sagarika123: your designs keep on improving but the logos you presented look a little busy for my liking. Nevertheless, I must say your work is constantly improving.

Itaydr: thanks for the new ones and also for the correct spelling :) I am not sure but there seems to be some wider than normal gap between the initials and between the rest of the text. Like I said, I've seen some of your past designs and they look great but I am sorry I can't say the same about these ones. Also the leaf looks also in a strage way like a feather used by old time writers so someone may mistake the leaf for a feather.

logorice #118: I appreciate your input and I am not in any way "upset". Like I said, Watari did get paid and he can still win this contest. However, I am not asking the designers to copy his design but rather to use my initials something done by lots of companies. Your logo looks good but after thinking about it I decided to also "stick" with using initials. Thanks for the entry and good luck with your future contests. Please also see below feedback for the new entry which only now I noticed.

MantisArt: nice, creative and simple just like I like it. The only downside is I just happen to like a few designs better. Also, just my opinion, if you only used the leaf on A and not on P it would have still been enough. Thanks again for the entry.

gsmile: I am sorry to say it but I think this is a bit of a step back for both entries. The top one looks a little plain and the bottom one looks a little busy.

TightWad: thanks for entering this contest. Pleasant design but I fell like black is the wrong choice of colour for a "natural" theme I also think it would look better if there was a leaf just on one of the letters not on all of them/

Mitcharr: thanks for the new ones. Very pleasant and stylish icons. Or as the French would say, very "a la Mitcharr". I actually really like the last icon at the top, the one with the leaf underneath. Unfortunately my mind's been changed by anidesign's and xpressions's as well as logorice's entries. What I mean by that is in your design with the nice and stylish icon the rest of the text is spread out while in the designs mentioned above, the text seems to be part of the initials making the whole logo more compact. I hope this makes sense.

renderwork: thanks for the new entry but somehow a little different than what I was expecting. It doesn't have all the initials such as ANP and also if someone looked at the logo they could not work out the full name was all natural products.

Gorgon: thanks for the entries but not what I am looking for. The fonts you used in the top one look a little plain and the same goes for the second entry.

logorice # 133: I actually like what you did here as it is first of all according to my requirements and they are also very pleasant entries. My dilemma is I don't like black for a natural product and I like the white ones you did. However, the issue with the white ones is how can I use them on say a white label? The white letters you did look great on a black label but most likely the label/background I will be using will be white.

And now the finalists: first let me say this was a very tough contest and I am extremely pleased to see entries from the big guns here at dp (xpressions, watari, anidesign, mitcharr, VictoriaAnn, WillHaynes). If you're not the finalist you can still submit if you wish but I am very strongly leaning towards these three finalists entries:

Like in most of my contests I like to choose the finalists (the designers whose designs I like the best) and ask them to do some changes and then it's up to the finalists whether or not they want to do those changes and go all the way and win.

Finalist #1 anidesign: I like the simplicity of your design and also the way you positioned the all natural products. This is what I really, really like about your design on top of the fact it is elegant, pleasant and stylish. What I don't like is it still looks a little girly. I know I am a twisted individual sometimes and what I would like to ask you (and I will also ask this of the other finalists) is this: in order to do away with the girly look while still maintaining what you did so far, is it possible to perhaps add just a totally generic icon or a generic touch and while it may not necessarily look like a leaf or a natural product to still have a natural look? I think this can be achieved with just a touch of a green "something" somewhere on the logo. I hope you don't think I have gone completely insane.

Finalist #2: xpressions. Again, thank you for making the time to enter this contest. I really like the simplicity of your logo. I also like the positioning of the words right under anp. Here's what I would suggest: as I was also saying to anidesign above, I like to do away with the leaf which to me looks a touch girly and instead have just a stroke of green or a small icon or something to still resemble natural. Please don't get me wrong: I really like the originality and simplicity of incorporating that leaf into a but if you can change that leaf with a more generic symbol since the products will also be sold to men that would be great. The only other change is perhaps use a brighter green.

Finalist #3 watari: I like what you did but I have a few issues. I need to get rid of the leaf you placed on the A in ANP and perhaps replace it with something that looks like a brush stroke or something green to still keep the green natural feel but without using a leaf which I think looks a little girly. I like your logo ANP, but a couple of folks thought the N was a W because of the leaf you used they couldn't read the initials properly. Perhaps once you fix up the A it will be clearer to these folks the N is an N and not a W.

In the end I also want to mention two things that really stood out even though right now these guys are not finalists: Aalto: your submission really looked like a professionally designed logo though it wasn't suitable. A nice combination and not just an icon with text next to it. And also MacRulez: very nice "scribble" effect in your #78 post.

I guess it's now up to the finalists and again, thanks to everyone who took part.

--------

proteindude, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  14. TightWad

TightWad Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the feedback - congrats to the finalists.

TightWad, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  15. mitcharr

mitcharr Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the great feedback, i will submit a compact version of mine tomorrow anyway, congrats
    finalists

mitcharr, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  16. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    And this is what makes holding contests here at DP a pleasant experience.

@mitcharr: thanks for considering one more try.

proteindude, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  17. watari

watari Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hi julian ..
    thanks for your bonus :D
    and here is the revised version.

[​IMG]

watari, Mar 18, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  18. Itaydr

Itaydr Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Another try:

[​IMG]

Itaydr, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  19. joidiamonds

joidiamonds Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    k..im going to keep trying til its over.. (lol)
    thanks for the feedbacks
    [​IMG]

joidiamonds, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  20. joidiamonds

joidiamonds Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    k..im going to keep trying til its over.. (lol)
    thanks for the feedbacks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

joidiamonds, Mar 18, 2009 IP
    proteindude likes this.