1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Email marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by anshukr06, Mar 17, 2009.

Hi,
    I want to advertise my product through email marketing but I have no good idea.What should be best suitable software, how can we find email list and please tell me about something strategy.
    Thanks

anshukr06, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  2. blackpoint

blackpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't use this software,because all of them send your mail to the spam folder and nobody open it.

blackpoint, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  3. Opportunities4u

Opportunities4u Peon

Best Answers:
    I can help u in this way. If u r still waiting PM me.

Opportunities4u, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  4. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    lol what the hell?

copper12, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  5. ontest100

ontest100 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have more knowledge sending email and email marketing.If you need my help contact me or PM me for future discuss.

ontest100, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  6. saritahartin

saritahartin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

If you want to promote your products through e-mail, you basically have 3 options:

1. Build your own mailing list (HIGHLY recommended). The easiest way to do this is:
    a. Create a free report that highlights your expertise and promotes your product. Give the reader valuable, actionable information in the report.
    b. Set up an account with one of the smart autoresponder services like getresponse or aweber.
    c. Set up an opt-in page for people to sign up and a thank you page where people can download your report.
    d. Promote your free report all over the place -- use pay-per-click advertising to get fastest results, but also use articles, social networking, put a link to your opt-in page in your forum signatures, set up videos on youtube to get traffic to your opt-in page, participate in JV Giveaways, etc.

2. Make a deal with a mailing list owner to send a message to their list. You can do this 3 ways that I know about:
    a. Paid endorsement - this is where you pay the mailing list owner to mail an endorsement of your product to their subscribers. This assumes that your product is top-notch and highly valuable to the prospective customer.
    b. Joint venture exchange - this is where you offer something of value to a mailing list owner in exchange for them mailing to their list for you. Keep in mind this needs to be something of very high value, and again, your product needs to be top-notch and highly valuable to the mailing list owner's clients and subscribers.
    c. Rent a list - this is where you work with a list broker to rent a list of names and e-mail addresses for people who are in your target market. The difference here is you're not getting an endorsement from the mailing list owner, the offer is coming from you, so the prospects' level of trust isn't going to be as high.

3. Mail to a safelist
    A safelist is a mailing list where all of the members can send messages to each other. It's called a safelist because when you sign up, you agree to receive promotional e-mails from the other members, so the people sending the messages are "safe" from SPAM accusations. It can be an effective way to get your message in front of people if you target correctly - that is, send the right message to the people on the list.

E-mail marketing can be very effective if you use it properly, but make sure you're targeting the right audience with your message and focus on delivering a lot of value. In my business, I've gotten the best results when I mail to my own list and when one of my JV partners mails and endorsement for me.

If you need help with this, PM me, and I'll do what I can.

Good luck!
    SaRita

saritahartin, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  7. praveen_design

praveen_design Peon

Best Answers:
    why can't your try in orkut or yahoo groups

praveen_design, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  8. AMac08

AMac08 Peon

Best Answers:
    saritahartin definitely had the best answer here. Follow that advice and you won't go far wrong.

For building your own email list I recommend aweber or getresponse.

AMac08, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  9. Squidoodle

Squidoodle Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup Aweber is top notch

Squidoodle, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  10. mcmaktoby

mcmaktoby Active Member

Best Answers:
    instead of purchasing email sending softwares, go with autoresponders like aweber, getresponse and others.

Initially with email softwares you can send it directly to your email lists inbox but afterwards expect that every email you send will go directly to their spam box.

When you use an autoresponder you just follow their rules and everything will be smooth sailing for you.

mcmaktoby, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  11. carol.prime

carol.prime Active Member

Best Answers:
    2 thumbsup to sarita.

Email marketing is one of the proposed tool in marketing and advertising your product, though it requires a lot of time because the basic problem of this technique where the email sometimes sent it to a spam folder where clients usually ignore.

carol.prime, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  12. IMdude2000

IMdude2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    build your own list, use aweber

IMdude2000, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  13. Dave_Johnson

Dave_Johnson Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with what a few others have
    said. Build your own list (write articles)
    and use aweber as your e-mail
    provider.

Aweber is easy to get the hang of
    and it's really easy to set up in the
    first place. They have tutorials
    that guide you along step-by-step.

Dave_Johnson, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  14. theprofitablecopywriter

theprofitablecopywriter Peon

Best Answers:
    First I want to ask you a couple of questions that will help you determine the right steps to take.

Is the product you're promoting able to solve a problem that your market has?

Is the problem that your product solves a recurring problem? Or is it a one time thing?

For instance, the desire to lose weight is a recurring problem. An individual will buy product after product to lose the weight. Then when he does loose the weight, if at anytime he puts the weight back on, it's back off to buy more diet products. It becomes a cycle that a seller can tap into.

How aware is your market of your product? Their awareness will determine what goes in your message. If they are totally un-aware of your product then your message will need to take on a more educational tone before you can make an offer.

Has your market been bombarded with offers for products similar to yours?
    If they have, then you will need to find something else to feature from your product that promises to solve that problem in a new way.

Where does your market normally see offers for this kind of product? In his email box, his mailbox, banner ads, etc. You want to sell this product online but you want to put it in front of your customer where they would normally look for that kind of product.

Asking and answering these kinds of questions before hand will save you a lot of time, money and frustration.

theprofitablecopywriter, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  15. sarkozy1

sarkozy1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    1 of method to get fresh email leads is and this, see this TUTORIAL

sarkozy1, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  16. cd928

cd928 Peon

Best Answers:
    Indeed, building your own list is the most effective method in doing email marketing. That's because: 1) these are people who opted in to receive promotional stuff from you 2) they are already interested in what you have to offer.

Sure it takes time to build your own list, but again, it's the most effective.

The only problem with safelists is that almost everybody here only has on thing in mind: to promote their products. And if there are people interested in buying your products there, they'd be a minority.

cd928, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  17. Hagen

Hagen Peon

Best Answers:
    Stay away from those "we'll blast your email to 15 Million people" offers and the like. Like everyone else said, build your own list.

Set up a squeeze page that offers a free report, video, etc. that would be of value to peopel in your niche in exchange for their email address. You can get Squeeze page or Opt-in page templates for free online if you look for them, and you can set up the acutal opt-in form using an autoresponder service like Aweber or iContact. Both have free trials so you can try them out for 30 days or two weeks, respectively.

Once they've opted in, it's your time to build a relationship with them. Combine telling them a little about who you are so they feel like they know you along with educating them with articles, audio and video tutorials, blog posts, other helpful resources. And then mix this in with an occasional recommendation for another product that you think would help them (either one of your own products or one that you're promoting as an affiliate). Then you just repeat the process and grow your list more and more and it becomes more and more profitable.

Also, the value of having a list may depend on what niche you're in. Some niches (weight loss, fitness, dating, stock trading advice, etc.) lend themselves easier to long term relationship building and additional sales, and others don't.

Hagen, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  18. guru16

guru16 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    don't send to useless safelists no one reads use credit based safelists such as megaresell.com check out traffichoopla and leadpaging for others

guru16, May 3, 2009 IP
  19. jillvrill

jillvrill Peon

Best Answers:
    Squeeze pages + smart auto responders

jillvrill, May 4, 2009 IP
  20. Alex_K

Alex_K Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely stay away from any Free autoresponders. Aweber or Getresponse is the safest bet. (If you want your messages to be delivered, ever..)
    E-mail marketing is a tricky beast but can really pay off in the long run if you don't cut any corners. Check out some information on here to find out more...

Alex_K, May 4, 2009 IP