1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SOL ON SEO!!! Reasons I hate GOOGLE

Discussion in 'Google' started by BOOMBOOM, Mar 16, 2009.

Words cannot express my overwhelming hatred for GOOGLE.

I especially love how quick Google is to take you off the first page if you change one word. It's like you cannot even fart next to your website without GOOGLE taking notice and pushing you down. Sorry GOOGLE, I did not know you were so temperamental!!!

Another reason, find a way to show me what I'm looking for!!! Too many times I have to sift through the B.S. to find information on what I am researching.

I also don't like the fact that GOOGLE is running the show on being the search engine that "everybody" uses. Do we know for a fact that everybody uses GOOGLE? I mean there are those out there that still use IE. IE is the most widely used browser and it's not even W3 compliant!!! So if people are still using IE then I'm sure people are still using yahoo...

I personally prefer yahoo over GOOGLE. Indexing takes half the time!!!

I wish we could all boycott GOOGLE and stick it to the man...:cool:

BOOMBOOM, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  2. soolmaan

soolmaan Active Member

Best Answers:
    All I can say is, don't use Google if you don't like it! And accept it, because you can't change a damn thing about it.

soolmaan, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  3. shorething

shorething Peon

Best Answers:
    Amusing comment, - it is annoying! I know how you feel

shorething, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  4. Reigne

Reigne Peon

Best Answers:
    it simply means that you can't everybody. . . many people like google because of simplicity and related results but despite that there are some who choice not to use it.

Reigne, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  5. blazinrachel

blazinrachel Peon

Best Answers:
    majority of the people still uses google over yahoo and we cant do anything about it unless yahoo offer something great to the people.

blazinrachel, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  6. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think all the SEO guy hate google but like google too. They hate google as you mentioned, and they like google because google drive lot of traffic

lifeplayer, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  7. jkadin

jkadin Peon

Best Answers:
    I myself can't stand google and the they operate. If the guy at google that takes care of adsense he wakes up on the wrong end of the bed there bans to be handed out. The guy who places your website in the position it in he had a fight with his wife you lost your position. Google it's time for you to fall flat on your face and that day is coming soon i hope.

jkadin, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  8. BOOMBOOM

BOOMBOOM Peon

Best Answers:
    I had to vent this one out. I am sure there are people who can relate...

GOOGLE, I am still upset with you....

9. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I guess I'm in the minority. I actually like Google. I like its search results. And I've had no problems with their rankings. I work hard to get keywords on the first page, and I fully realize there are thousands of other webmasters out there trying to replace my listing on the front page. Google is OK by me, and I'm thankful for the 53% of my total traffic that comes via Google.

Jim4767, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  10. Earnest01

Earnest01 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think I'm on the minority side here, too. I'm quite happy with G's performance. So are quite a number of people...

Earnest01, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  11. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hello...

Its a Love/Hate relationship i have ....

love them when they do me right, Hate them when they screw me

Search wise... they cant be touched

laterz
    malcolm

malcolm1, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  12. dangregory

dangregory Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is the monopoly on how people are now receiving and perceiving information - and this is a scary thing. Libraries in my area are closing, largely because people do their searches online. But think about the information they're getting. Wikipedia, which is human edited and FULL of errors, plus it is very biased so even if you go in as a new editor and try to create a listing it might get deleted - even if you're writing about a famous family member you know very well!

And kids doing book reports will look at the results on the first page of Google. That's where they're getting "the truth" about things.

Scary. Especially considering the first pages of Googles are excessively manipulated by us webmasters seeking high rankings and traffic for our sites!

Sometimes I think about how much insane POWER we have after we master SEO - we can control how someone perceives a product, a niche, or a product creator - just through doing certain tricks on our site. If we multiply our efforts and get lots of listings in Google for each keyword, taking up several spots on the first page or even the entire first page of results, we literally OWN the world's perception about that keyword.

The opportunity to permanently influence people's beliefs and perceptions by getting on that first page are amazing. Many searches never look beyond the first page of results when they're looking for something online. I know one middle-aged woman who literaly believes that if she doesn't find it on the first page of Google, it doesn't exist. Think how susceptible she is to believing anything that she finds on that first page!

Now think about all the crappy affiliate pages spamming the first pages of the results - and how that forms perceptions about the keyword, niche, or product.

It's bizarre.

The nefarious aspect of this is what you can do to someone you don't like, or someone who is a competitor. I think the larger companies are the most vulnerable actually. They might outsource seo to some dude who thinks he's hot because he can get them a few first page listings for their keywords, but usually their seo strategy doesn't go a lot farther than that. At least for moderate sized companies.

We, as the smaller players, can knock them out of the water if we devote enough time to dominating the engines.

For better or worse, Google is the game in town.

Dan

dangregory, Mar 16, 2009 IP
    tattoos likes this.
  13. Marketing Daniel

Marketing Daniel Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, I like Google. I can't find what I'm looking for on other search engines as consistently as Google. Why should Google cater to you? They are trying to make the best search results for users.

Marketing Daniel, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  14. gary101

gary101 Peon

Best Answers:
    I quite like the amount of tools that google offer, webmaster tools, analytics's etc

But I must admit the search engine isn't that good, I have found some terrible results lately, some pages with nothing on them, pages missing, irrelevant pages to what I have been searching etc

gary101, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  15. nickjason

nickjason Peon

Best Answers:
    till now i dun't have any problem with google...its good in searching....but i culdnot understand google's dance....

nickjason, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  16. seosapien

seosapien Peon

Best Answers:
    Everybody hates google until they rank ;-)! Google is complicated and they do play GOD but it is still the best source of traffic hands down. If you can't rank in google stick to yahoo and msn they do still send a good amount of traffic and customers.

seosapien, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  17. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone who builds a business based on free results from Google should go to the closest court where they can file for bankruptcy......

It's truly amazing at the amount of webmasters without a clue to how to operate a business...

There is no free lunch......

Get that fact straight and one day you MIGHT find success.....

:)

PS I love Google :D

Sem-Advance, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  18. BOOMBOOM

BOOMBOOM Peon

Best Answers:
    I do apologize if I hurt your feelings. I can understand why you would take this personal. After all, this thread is directed toward google... :p

19. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You haven't hurt my feelings at all :)

I am in a way agreeing with you.....my point is not to rely on Google for your business.....

There are many more ways to drive targeted traffic to your website than with free results listings from Google......:)

So you should only be mad at yourself.....

not Google....they don't force you to try and rank well... that is free choice.....even if it is the wrong one for your business...;)

Peace!

Sem-Advance, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  20. BOOMBOOM

BOOMBOOM Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback. I just wish it was as easy to rank on the big dog as it is the little dog.

Any advice on driving targeted traffic to my website?