1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Whats the best frequency and length for a breaking News blog item

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Newschannel, Mar 14, 2009.

I have listened to the advice of many forum members and i have changed the blog.
    My last appeal is some advice on how long should my blog 'breaking news item length' (250-300 words?)
    Two whats the frequency of posting breaking news? As you know, they keep happening..sometimes am the first to know...yet am getting nil traffic?

Tell me gurus!! i need ya help here!!

Newschannel, Mar 14, 2009 IP
  2. ThreeGuineaWatch

ThreeGuineaWatch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would mingle the breaking news with longer (500+ words) editorials of entirely original content. You need to build some trust/authority. I am not too sure you will build much authority by re-writing breaking news that appears everywhere else.

How old is the blog?

ThreeGuineaWatch, Mar 14, 2009 IP
  3. mspennylane

mspennylane Active Member

Best Answers:
    I definitely agree with this. It does depend on your kind of site, but generally trying to get at least a quarter of your posts or so a little longer and in-depth should help your blog's authority.

Regarding the length of news posts, I always think that blog posts of any kind should be a minimum of 250 words, but make them as long as you need to get the info in. If it looks long, break it up with subheading and bullet points which make it easier to read.

mspennylane, Mar 15, 2009 IP