1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help me redesign my website

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by shaklebolt, Mar 14, 2009.

Hi guys,

I have this website http://delhicaravan.com for my offline business. It needs a major overhaul before I can promote it.

Any suggestions, templates, ideas I could use. I know this website is the worst you would've seen...

The content would remain essentially the same (I'll add a few testimonials, language changer and a blog maybe).

Here you go:
    http://delhicaravan.com

shaklebolt, Mar 14, 2009 IP
  2. xira

xira Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your website is hardly the worst I have ever seen. There are plently of free templates around. You can google to find ones you like. As for general suggestions, your site has been optimized for 1024 resolution, but more than 50% of the population also views websites on 1280 or more. That means we see the sides of your site, which currently are not taken into consideration.
    Second, kill the eye candy effects. You don't need rotating pictures up top, on the bottom, animations of words, etc. Too much movement makes the site look cheap. Just keep the top banner's images and get rid of the rest.
    Finally your top bar "Caravan Homestay" is not connected visually to the site at all. I understand the desire to keep the title of the site in text (SEO) but it can be done much better. (Green and red are hard to read on each other.) You have some lovely oranges, yellows, blues and greens in your site. The title bar can use those colors to bring the site together a much better. (Becareful however that it does not conflict with the rotating images below.)

Good luck

xira, Mar 15, 2009 IP
    shaklebolt likes this.
  3. samir_designs

samir_designs Member

Best Answers:
    just as xira said above. it's not the worst I've seen neither but will take alot of work to redesign. I think you should stick with the green theme.

The first thing you should do is create a logo and a color scheme then everything will fall into place.

samir_designs, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  4. zxvs

zxvs Peon

Best Answers:
    i read about this many time before...but...

zxvs, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  5. blazinrachel

blazinrachel Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe you can use a better template than what you are currently using.

blazinrachel, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  6. shaklebolt

shaklebolt Active Member

Best Answers:
    :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Thanks!

shaklebolt, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  7. jj1

jj1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with a previous post - remove some of the rotating text etc as it cheapens the website. The design is by no means bad but it doesn't sell your site as I saw the slogan caravan homestay and thoguht I was looking at a caravan site. I then wondered what all the pictures were doing showing town scenes. You need to change the slogan to tell us what the site is really offering and change the picture of the 2 women to show something useful - eg a room that guests might stay in.

jj1, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  8. slash197

slash197 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i agree with jj1

slash197, Mar 17, 2009 IP