1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wierd problem with placing ads...

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by sandyfeet, Jul 7, 2006.

I am trying to ad adsense ads to my new Jokes site. My first attempt(2 days ago) was adding a skyscraper ad to be located on the left side of my site. So, I added the adsense code in my site and public service ads showed. However, when I click on links that lead to other pages on my site...the adsense ads show just fine. So, I tried adding codes for smaller ads and even link units today, but it keeps showing the public service ads and only on the main index page.

The place I am adding the code is in my header file. So, the same META tags show for every page and the ads show up in the same spot on every page.

Has anyone else had this problem?? I emailed adsense about it...so hopefully they'll reply soon.

sandyfeet, Jul 7, 2006 IP
  2. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What's your web site's URL?

Tyler Banfield, Jul 7, 2006 IP
  3. anurag_online

anurag_online Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    without site URL answering is almost impossible... also you can disable PSAs

anurag_online, Jul 7, 2006 IP
  4. corinaw

corinaw Not Banned

Best Answers:
    corinaw, Jul 8, 2006 IP
    Tyler Banfield likes this.
  5. sandyfeet

sandyfeet Peon

Best Answers:
    The site is bestyomamajoke.com

Took the ads off the index page, categories pages and search page. Those pages have some kind of error or something. I tried placing the ads in different places and it still would not work...kept getting public service ads. But other pages are just fine. Not sure what the problem is. Oh well, will just have to find other advertisements to put on those pages.

sandyfeet, Jul 8, 2006 IP
  6. corinaw

corinaw Not Banned

Best Answers:
    Google serves PSA's via algorithm- So referring back to the link I sent you on stop words, it's possible the word sexy is causing it, or it's flaking out because of the qty of the other potentially "offensive" words. Crazy, Dumb, Fat, Nasty. It's hard to say-

I've had trouble with the words expired and kill, in my text, so it could be even be the word whack as slang for kill that is causing it.

If you want to try it again, remove the words sexy and whack, save to a different file name like test or something and view it again and see if the psa's disappear.

If they are still there you should consider an alternate type of ad rather than something contextual- As I'm not certain how many "yo mamma" ads are out there for google to serve. ;)

corinaw, Jul 8, 2006 IP