1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

reporting spam sites?

Discussion in 'Google' started by driven, Jul 8, 2006.

Is it actually possible to report sites that are spamming or keyword stuffing to Google? If so, how? I've heard of this happening but not sure how it happens or what the process entails.

driven, Jul 8, 2006 IP
  2. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    DarrenC, Jul 8, 2006 IP
    westhaven likes this.
  3. driven

driven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the link, Darren. I have a more complicated question. What if the site has been around for a while and ranks very well. As some of may know, Google's Algo gives alot of weight to sites that have been around for a few years, ie; seniority. As such, quite a few of these sites are basically grandfathered from Google's new Algo even though we can tell they are keyword stuffing.

How do you think SEs like Google would handle this? I don't think they would ban the site, but perhaps derank them? There are quite a few competitors that I'm looking at that are basically granfathered.

driven, Jul 8, 2006 IP
    westhaven likes this.
  4. upside

upside Peon

Best Answers:
    It doesn't make any difference. G is pretty straight foward about telling you that your report is used to identify patterns and inform the general approach to fighting crap sites. They're not going to run out and dump these guys out of the index as soon as they read your email. No matter how bad the site is - unless you have unprecedented good luck.

upside, Jul 8, 2006 IP
  5. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Driven, if they are spamming or using black hat SEO then they will ban or penalise them depending what they have done. If you complete a spam report, I am confident someone will look at it - that might not be the case forever because at the moment they are very keen to get feedback from searchers.

DarrenC, Jul 8, 2006 IP
    driven likes this.