1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WWW Google Problem ... Meta Tags?

Discussion in 'Google' started by [J]ames, Mar 12, 2009.

Hmm I have a problem and i have no outbound links on my site, the strange thing is that my domain example.com is visible but www.example.com has completely disappeared, however i link to the www site all the time...

Now the problem might be that i inserted meta tags to the master page (every page) yesterday, however last google crawl of my website was at 3rd of this month...

The strange thing is that the rest of the pages appear, however when doing site:www.example.com the results do not show ( tells me no information found ) , but when doing site:example.com the results show.... =\ is this because of metadata? is it possible that by posting links on other site the google has deleted me? or maybe some error in the google system? =\

Thanks a lot for reading this... will try to find out whats going on and will post here if i find a solution... however could really use a help here, since im new with this as well =\

Cheers

[J]ames, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  2. [J]ames

[J]ames Peon

Best Answers:
    am i completely de-indexed? or this looks like a temporary thing and i should just wait... my other pages do show up under the non www. page ...

[J]ames, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  3. proson

proson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No the problems may due to the so called canonical issue. Because google treats www and non-www are two different websites. If you don't set a preferred domain, google will decide for you which one they want to show in their SERPS. One way to correct this problem is set a 301 redirect to redirect your non www-version to www
    that will solve the problems by telling Goolge which one they want to index.

proson, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  4. [J]ames

[J]ames Peon

Best Answers:
    oh, thank you :) so i just need to go to my host setup and set the redirect right?

[J]ames, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  5. [J]ames

[J]ames Peon

Best Answers:
    can i set it in google webmaster tools? is that one a valid one?

[J]ames, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  6. [J]ames

[J]ames Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks a lot, that was exactly the case... um... if someone is still here ... i set the preferences in google webmaster tools to see my domain as www.example.com instead of example.com ... now i have a question... will other search engines like yahoo see that site and just decide to use one so i have to set it up on them as well or i should setup the redirect ( since my host is apparently unable to do so =\ )

[J]ames, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  7. islesv

islesv Peon

Best Answers:
    No, you have to use an .htaccess redirect.

islesv, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  8. [J]ames

[J]ames Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, hmm... sorry i forgot to mention that i was running a windows server and my host said that they dont support httpd.ini ... so i did the redirect in code =\

Btw google webmaster tools seem to work as well =)

[J]ames, Mar 14, 2009 IP
  9. wp-themes

wp-themes Banned

Best Answers:
    If your hosting your website on windows, you should consider ASP redirects in your Index / Default page..

Here is two samples for 301 redirects in both ASP and ASP.net:

ASP Redirect:
    ASP.NET Redirect:
    However, you can implement the code in any empty file or your current existence files..
    If your using .NET you can get rid of the <script> part and use Visual Studio to add the code into the page load section.

Hope i was clear and helpful ;)

wp-themes, Mar 14, 2009 IP
  10. jhonbarkan

jhonbarkan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this is just a normal problem for a website you can fix it via your Google webmaster tool to setting your preferred domain and via .htaccess and you will see your site with www. with in 7 to 10 day's.

jhonbarkan, Mar 14, 2009 IP