1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Answers

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Romanorc, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Seolight

Seolight Member

Best Answers:
    I suppose it's a question of whether the ratio "time+efforts/number of visitors" is a sufficinetly big number, only then it would be worth it.

But I personally feel it would require a lot of effort - targeting very popular niches, reading lots of posts daily, choosing the right ones (with few or no answers), providing helpful answers - only that kind of stratagey could generate a decent traffic.

jaxrefinance, Chintamani, lifeplayer, you all claim you get a good traffic from yahoo answers.. what do you call "good traffic"? - 4-5 visitors a day? Is that really worth the effort?

I consider a good traffic is when you get a few hunder visitors a day, but I hardly doubt this is ealisy (or even at all) achievable with yahoo answers. I could be wrong, of course, so give us the numbers you are getting to prove me wrong! :-D

Seolight, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  2. gary101

gary101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Something else, go to advanced search and type in the a keyword which is related to your website or blog (make sure unanswered questions is selected) then it will display a load of questions you can anwser which are related to what you are trying to promote.

gary101, Mar 13, 2009 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  3. gr8webseller

gr8webseller Peon

Best Answers:
    yahoo answers traffic are waste, you can't get anything from them

gr8webseller, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  4. Seolight

Seolight Member

Best Answers:
    That's what I thought :)

One may just as well say that you can get a decent traffic to your site from DP forum by providing helpful answers and comments ;) So I don't really understand, why people claim that Yahoo answers are in anyway special (better than forums, e.g.) in this regard. I would thinks that attendence-wise popular forums (such as this) may well surpass yahoo answers.

Seolight, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  5. seoservice1

seoservice1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    good, I will try...... thanks

seoservice1, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  6. cinnamngrl

cinnamngrl Peon

Best Answers:
    this happened to me too. I wrote a letter by cmrrr to sunnyvale and fixed it.

cinnamngrl, Mar 20, 2009 IP
  7. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Great tip! Thanks. Green coming your way.

Jim4767, Mar 21, 2009 IP
  8. TealReid

TealReid Peon

Best Answers:
    I have had a decent success with yahoo answers. I answer approx. 10 questions per week within my websites niche, which only takes about 30-45 minutes of my time. I understand that yahoo answers "nofollows" all links but with about 50 good backlinks (within my niche, high traffic pages), Yahoo answers continues to be my 1st/2nd highest referral. I give quality answers, and I only answer when I know I have a good shot at being chosen as the best answer ( believe 60 % of my answers are best answers). I think a lot of the success in Yahoo answers has to do with the particular niche, but I believe it is worth a try for anyone. If you are an expert in your niche, what do you have lose? Give it a shot...might be well worth your time. It has for me. The key is quality, not quantity; who follows links from spammy answers?
    - Teal

TealReid, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  9. Kinkyjoe

Kinkyjoe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo answers is great for traffic! That is of course if you choose a good answer not a spammy one. If your answer is convincing enough, people will click your link. It may also be chosen as best answer! ... and thats really good ;)

Kinkyjoe, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  10. Rakhi Chowdhary

Rakhi Chowdhary Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely fine!! yahoo answer is great source of link even though it is no follow but if your answer is relevant a visitor clicks your web page link and is taken to your website. But the point is that your answer needs to be relevant.

Rakhi Chowdhary, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  11. rennee

rennee Guest

Best Answers:
    Yahoo Answers is one of the tactics used in SEO. But we dont get much benefits out of it.
    Its an gud post. But I perfer to concentrate more on blog comments rather than yahoo answers which will give you more seo benefits.

rennee, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  12. jasoncreja

jasoncreja Guest

Best Answers:
    yes.. yahoo answers always helps.. and it helps for ranking better too... it gives lots of traffic too..

jasoncreja, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  13. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have been banned from Yahoo Answers and have joined and re-joined and I was recently banned again I will join again. I believe that I get banned by competition and they are afraid of my site. So, its all part of the game.

I will be once again gaining Yahoo Answers reputation. Never give up.

gvannorman, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  14. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just spent the last 30 minutes putting YA back to work. I plan on trying to spend 30 minutes daily with this. hopefully I dont get banned again lol

gvannorman, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  15. glennjrandolph

glennjrandolph Peon

Best Answers:
    Good Tricks for some quick traffic, But I must carefull that that answer must be look like some natural.

glennjrandolph, Apr 1, 2009 IP
  16. seoz

seoz Banned

Best Answers:
    seoz, Apr 1, 2009 IP