1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Can I Get More Clients??

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by georgemmdh, Mar 12, 2009.

Hello Guys... I just started a window cleaning business but having some trouble getting clients:(.

I have no clue what so ever about marketing but i would love to learn couple of the tricks and i hope you guys can help.

any comments will help a lot.:)

georgemmdh, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  2. yoes_san

yoes_san Peon

Best Answers:
    ...online windows cleaning? like xp and vista?

yoes_san, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  3. georgemmdh

georgemmdh Peon

Best Answers:
    No, I mean real window cleaning.. commercial and residential window cleaning;)

georgemmdh, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  4. Alan.Brrws

Alan.Brrws Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't know. It sounds like if you have a computer and a friend with a little know how, you should get your own website. Then for your offline marketing, flyers with your website listed on it.

There is always the offline technique of postcards. You could do a direct mailing of a specific area you're looking to target.

If you're really interested in generating more response to your basis, I would consider checking out Russell Brunson's Dot Com Secrets. I did that and got a lot of valuable stuff about marketing online and off. He'll help you increase your conversion rate on any marketing offline or on.

Here's the link: ACB123.TheSecondTier.com/freedvd

Good luck.

Peace

Alan.Brrws, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  5. mighty_falcon

mighty_falcon Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest try social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. Interact with communities in your area and place your link on your profile. Provide helpful suggestions and I am sure people will start poking around.

mighty_falcon, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  6. Bill Wright

Bill Wright Peon

Best Answers:
    :)Hi, you should try social bookmarking and forum posting for contact the people. Pray the god. I hope you will get more clients. Best of luck

Bill Wright, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  7. matik

matik Peon

Best Answers:
    You should try advertising, like banner advertising on same like websites.

matik, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  8. bollywoodgeeks

bollywoodgeeks Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to see that people know that you do it.May be you can drop pamphlets in a departmental store...cheap ones to spread this information.Or get clean the windows there as a demonstrator and marketing...

bollywoodgeeks, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  9. webdev08

webdev08 Peon

Best Answers:
    Try creating even a simple website for your services offered then start promoting it through forum postings and blog commenting to make your business be known and visible with others. Then you can try other marketing techniques for more advancement.

webdev08, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  10. LinkBuilder2009

LinkBuilder2009 Peon

Best Answers:
    why not have your own website that offers these services, and then start your internet marketing, post ads on free ad sites, create accounts on social and business networking sites that promotes your website and services, make a video presentation of your services and post it on video sharing sites like youtube.com

LinkBuilder2009, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  11. georgemmdh

georgemmdh Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much guys... these are really helpful information and i will start working on it.

georgemmdh, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  12. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You need local promotion, not global. Youtube, socialbookmarking - pointless - is someone in Ohio going to see it and think "oh I must get that window cleaner in Goa to come up here and clean my windows"

Use google local - http://www.google.com/local/add/splashPage?hl=en-US&gl=US
    Get yourself in your local yellow pages, or whatever the phone business directory is where you are, but the most useful thing you can do is print up some leaflets and shove them through letter boxes.

magda, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  13. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The easiest thing to do is take you pail, squeege and hit the bricks....Look for dirty windows and offer to clean them for a reduced price.

Make sure to have flyers with prices printed up, and your business card.

You can leave those behind once the work is done and perhaps a short sales pitch!!

If you go to Staples they have magnets that you can stick your business cards on and hand out..

:)

Sem-Advance, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  14. GeeOne

GeeOne Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is service oriented business, mouth publicity is very important.
    Start giving good, reasonable and reliable services to the clients, they will do good marketing for you.
    good luck!

GeeOne, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  15. Sloth

Sloth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of round-about marketing methods listed here. The internet marketing mindset doesn't work for a business like that--trust me, I've been there.

You've got to be aggressive if you want to seriously land clients. Putting an ad out there and waiting for the user to take action (the equivalent of an online user "clicking" an ad, if you will) is going to be 100 times less effective than you being the one to take action.

Print up some business cards, put on a nice shirt, and go around door-to-door to businesses that have a lot of glass.

I used to be an AM at a jewelery store, had a guy come in with a business card. He wrote a quote on it, and said "Hey, I don't know who does your windows now, but I wrote a quote on my card. Would you guys be interested in using my services?"

Told him I'd look into it, turns out the quote was about 20% lower than the guys we were currently using, so he became our new window man.

OK, long story short: You can approach it however you like. But passive marketing (putting fliers or ads out there and waiting for them to come to you) will never be nearly as effective as active marketing (going out there and finding the clients yourself).

edit: And the internet is not your friend in this case. As much as we all love it, people don't look for window washers through Google. Make sure you have a basic website to put on your business card, and get a listing on Google Maps (can do this even if you don't have a physical location), then stop there. Focus the rest of your efforts on offline marketing only.

Sloth, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  16. ivogue

ivogue Peon

Best Answers:
    Offer free or discount service. flyers. walk in advertising. This has nothing to do with online marketing. most of the company already has a company cleaning the windows for them. You have to convince why they should use you instead of the other companies they are already using.

ivogue, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  17. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is not an online marketing only forum

Marketing > General Marketing

And for the type of business in question online marketing would have limited usage since the market that can be covered is limited to 25 miles or so from the OPs office.

This is why it's important to read threads fully, and understand business beyond your own backyard........

:)

Sem-Advance, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  18. Yep!Jamie

Yep!Jamie Peon

Best Answers:
    Take an ad out in your local newspaper- then do much of what was talked about above...business cards, friendly staff, door to door flyers etc...Not a good model to put online.

Yep!Jamie, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  19. fiberus

fiberus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest buying vouchers for adwords or yahoo marketing tools and waste 10$/day using only a couple of keywords resembling your services, which would bring lots of exactly interested in your offers, and tracked visitors.
    if need any help, pm me- i'm a campaign creator

fiberus, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  20. staffsergeantpeterson

staffsergeantpeterson Member

Best Answers:
    Advertise on the Radio, Local News papers. Do a few FREE cleanings if the people will drop your name. Hire hot girls to do a car wash in your name.

make some stickers and put them on bus stations booths, stickem in the mens room, make buddies with a construction contractor and give him 10% if he refers you. Stuff like that. The more "deals" freebies you do the more clients you will get.

staffsergeantpeterson, Mar 13, 2009 IP