1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Do You Guys think Of MIKE FILSAIME??

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by wperez23, Mar 12, 2009.

Hey guys just a quick question on what are you thoughts on Mike Filsaime... I understand that being an Internet marketer part of it is promoting affiliated products of course through building your list.

But I was wondering if this is right... Here is the sequence of emails I got from Mike Filsaime product after product and it seems he is not the only one but is to me the worst at it.

I always thought that you build a relationship with your list and you give them something they can use but this guy just does it for the affiliate commissions... On top of that you are not able to write him back, it says is not delivered... Which is funny since with my list they can call me or write me and me and Omar always respond... Well here is goes really shocking stuff....

Date Product

January 30 Get Money From Google
    February 10 PPC Bully
    February 12 Google Shadow
    February 24 PPC Classroom
    March 4 Google Slapper
    March 11 Google Cash Detective

As you me see for yourself look it just think for a second... I just wanted to show you this little bit because there is a whole lot more disgrace.. But this is the worst just feeding off people and instead of helping just cashing in.

The think that gets me mad the most is that people who start off right and just lose their integrity. This is why I love wealthy affiliate and why Kyle and Carson are great mentors... Its about people helping people and is something Mike fulllofshame and many other so called "gurus" need to think about..

Sorry guys just had to let off some steam :D

wperez23, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  2. Squidoodle

Squidoodle Peon

Best Answers:
    He's an awesome guy and marketer...

Believe me when you've got a list as big as Mike does, you're talking 100k+, you'll get buyers regardless.

However, that doesn't mean he shouldn't continue to provide value as you say.

Squidoodle, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  3. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, Mike has 7-figure business so you gotta give him some credit for doing something right... ;)

Game Producer, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  4. AMac08

AMac08 Peon

Best Answers:
    He's an intelligent marketer and has done very well for himself but you are right, its a shame he doesn't offer more free stuff and value and hammers the affiliate promotions so much.

I have actually worked with "gurus" with lists of a similar size and when talking to them they said that by adding more value and free info, it didn't make them anymore money, and when they just sold stuff as an affiliate, they made just as much money if not more. So the thinking is, if we they don't lose money bu constantly promoting and they don't make more money from the free stuff, why do it?

If I was in their position I might be inclined to agree.

Part of the reason for this is the fact that they have people constantly leaving and joining their lists meaning although one person might have been on the list for years, other people will have been on the list for a few days and will believe that every product promoted REALLY is the next big thing.

Of course, they'd be wrong.

AMac08, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  5. GuardianAngel

GuardianAngel Active Member

Best Answers:
    GuardianAngel, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  6. tigerwolf

tigerwolf Peon

Best Answers:
    Kind of agree with all that has been said ... however I too am a little tired of the constant one-way relationship with Mike. In fact, its got to the point where I just delete his emails unread at the moment. I just don't have the time to read them, and anyway there is NO WAY he can have tested all the products he's promoting - which surely means that he's just jumping on each bandwagon that comes along and milking his email list.
    Yes, I know he's got 100k subscibers (I'm sure one of his emails told me that!!), and if you throw enough muck at the wall xome of it is bound to stick ... but if I can see he's just trying to wring $$$s out of me at every turn, surely 100,000 other people feel the same?!
    Like you wperez23, I just need to vent sometimes ... don't we all ... and I hope to see some of the old Filsaime integrity back soon - but I've been hoping for that for the last 12 months or more.
    Find a 'mentor' you can trust and stick to them, and maybe we can remind the one-time-greats (like Mike Filsaim) that you can't take your eye off the ball, whether your list is 100 or 1,000,000.
    Good luck to you

tigerwolf, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  7. adstiger

adstiger Peon

Best Answers:
    Mike is a great marketer, we should learn from him.

adstiger, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  8. muncle

muncle Guest

Best Answers:
    Rip off artist. I got my money back after my lawyer filed papers with authorities, but it's one of the most dangerous people to deal with I've seen. He makes a killing brainwashing people, selling them a dream that never comes true. I admire people who make great money because they work hard and create something that help people. But this individual sweet-mouthes you to make a killing out of your desperation. He's worse than debt solution companies. Those scum bags also make a killing out of people who don't have enough for themselves. Mike fag-whatever-his-name is just the same.

muncle, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  9. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Don't get mad, just unsubscribe ;)

dcristo, Mar 12, 2009 IP
    Game Producer likes this.
  10. Dave_Johnson

Dave_Johnson Peon

Best Answers:
    Mike created a huge list and definitely
    profits from it. However, I was one
    who unsubscribed after getting bombarded
    with promotional e-mails.

What happened to the content Mike?

He's a great guy and has an awesome story,
    but what happened to sending out a few
    helpful e-mails.

You can't beat Perry Marshall when it comes
    to content.

Dave_Johnson, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  11. dangregory

dangregory Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not impressed with him, either.

There's very little transparency or a sense of a real person behind the name anymore, and that's not going to cut it as more smaller guru types start grabbing market share by being more accessible and being more respectful of providing genuine content to their lists.

I read a blog post by Andre Chaperon once that compared his conversion numbers to the conversion numbers of many gurus with bigger lists than his. This was on a specific promotion he did. he's a much smaller time guy and he was promoting a product to his relatively small list. A bunch of bigger guburus also got in on the promotion. The vendor was offering a nice bonus check to the affiliates who made the biggest sales on that particular promotion.

Guess what? Andre, with his small list of people he rarely sent stuff to, won the bonus for the highest amount of sales. The vendor sent a list to him of all the guburus he had been competing against in the special promotion. He was amazed he won.

This throws into question the whole idea of conversions. Turns out a small time promoter with a list he treats really well will outperform those mass market gurus every time. I'll bet Mike's conversion levels are really going down in recent months.

Also I'm not a fan of how if you buy even ONE product of his paydot.com site he automatically adds you to his list and spams you forever. This is not the way to do business. And he has no interface on Paydot.com to help affiliates who are getting screwed by vendors who don't pay them. See, if you list your ebook on paydot.com and affiliates sign up, it's up to YOU to pay them via Paypal the following month after sales. There are lots of horror stories of vendors who just disappear and never pay affiliates, and then the affiliate writes to Paydot.com and never hears back from anyone. It's like he doesn't give a **** about the affiliates who help him make money for his vendors- and for him.

There are some good vendors on Paydot.com, though - it's just smart to write to them and establish a relationship with them before you get going with any big promotion of their stuff.

Dan

dangregory, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  12. Hagen

Hagen Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with this. If some nobody internet marketer started off bombarding his subscribers with promotion after promotion, he probably wouldn't get very far because people would ignore his emails. But with the number of subscribers Filsaime has, he can afford to piss some people off because he's still making lots of money with every email he sends. But like was said, just because you can get away with that doesn't mean you shouldn't have more informative emails as well.

Somebody who seems to have struck a pretty good balance is Eban Pagan from Get Altitude. He sends out promotional stuff, but he also sends out lots of free instructional videos, webinars, etc. He actually didn't do much promotional stuff at all until recently.

Hagen, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  13. wperez23

wperez23 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey man thanks for that man I agree it sucks to see people do something right and then go and lose their integrity.. Is sad to know this and is something I never want to become I have some great mentors that are honest and truthful.

The worst part is that they are people out there that fall for it and I dont blame them but they have to open their eyes.. I wish more people will be in it to help others. Well man thanks again..

In the words of my partner " The change we want to see if the change we have to be" take care

wperez23, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  14. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    muncle hit the nail on the head.

Inexperienced webmasters and complete idiots talk him up, only because they have heard other inexperienced webmasters and complete idiots talk him up. And they heard other...

On and on like this. The next thing you know, Filsaime must be the man.

He isn't.

Really? Okay, then you shouldn't have any problems giving examples, his tips that makes him such a "great marketer."

And who is invesp.com???

Take another look at this guy's site. He is just a webmaster who sells services, like SEO.

How do you know he has a 7-figure business?

How do you know?

He has, roughly, around 2,000 daily visitors.

There are newbs out there who have just as many.

Kind of hard for him to get even a tenth of that with the little amount of traffic he gets.

Chow and Shoemoney has a hell of a lot traffic than he does, and they don't have nearly that many subscribers.

Jesus, people, use your fucking brains. Don't assume, and don't repeat shit that you hear and or read from other noobs, and, idiots.

For anyone who is interested in this typical "guru" clown, read his blog. You don't need to subscribe, or, buy anything from him.

copper12, Mar 12, 2009 IP
    muncle likes this.
  15. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He builds hype, builds list, and sends out tons of affiliate offers.

It works for him. You don't have to have a high conversion rate if your list is massive enough. When it stops working he'll stop.

He's an "angle" guy that is always looking for and often finds the angle. He's a opportunist and good at spotting what will make him money and pushing it.

He delivers a message to those that want it. Sell the dream

And he is pretty good at it.

Does that make him bad or good? Bottom line is it makes him money.

internetmarketingiq, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  16. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you know?

Give examples of this.

How do you know?

copper12, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  17. IMdude2000

IMdude2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    He is a darn good internet marketer

IMdude2000, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  18. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know this for sure.

On the other hand, I have no trouble believing this info he has presented (I'd bet tax man would be interested for such big false claims ;)) & taken into account his web presence & how famous the guy is... and the kind of prices he has.

Just common sense.

With that being said - this doesn't mean that I would buy from him. At this point it's okay for me to just think "Mike - does 7 figs per year". The day when I'd actually start reading more of his stuff or considered buying from him, then I'd do a more throughout research on what kind of company there is, and if he really does what he claims.

Right now it really doesn't matter to me to know whether this 7-fig is true or false.

We do have brains you know ;)

Game Producer, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  19. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    He plays off a 4 handicap as I recall. Favors titanium clubs. Also like cheerios. Is that the kind of thing you meant?

contentboss, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  20. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you do have brains. But so do birds, that fly into windows.

Watch out for those windows, imdude2000.

copper12, Mar 13, 2009 IP
    turbulence likes this.