1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are Some People Just Not Made For Internet Marketing? Like Me?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by vinogradov, Mar 8, 2009.

I was thinking, maybe some people just aren't made for internet marketing? Their is people that pick it up right off the bat and make alot of money after only 15 days or something. How fast did it take you to make 100$? 10 days? 1 month? 3 months?

I on the other hand, have been working my brains out and only made 1 sale. I've sent over 230 hops to different products and made only 1 sale (thats bad converting). I have thought about redirecting all of my traffic to a product that converts well and hoping for a lucky sale...

All I have been looking for is for help and I have recieved some. But a post can't change my marketing completely, I need someone who knows make money from a website that I could PM or Message on MSN to get some quick help.

vinogradov, Mar 8, 2009 IP
  2. BenGregg

BenGregg Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure man, it took me a very long time to get my first $100 and I'm still struggling to make scraps out of Online marketing. I think it just matters how determined you are and what niche you jump into. Luck my also play a role, and how much money you put into a project.

BenGregg, Mar 8, 2009 IP
  3. Blogspotter

Blogspotter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Usually First 100 can take a long time. Even longer will be the first 1000. By the first 5000 you would have the experience, resources, link partners, sites etc to jump to the next level very easily...

:)

Blogspotter, Mar 8, 2009 IP
    Game Producer likes this.
  4. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes don't give up if you make little progress at the beginning. Internet marketing can be a slow and gradual process. If you are new to internet marketing you best strategy is to go after less competitive niches. Most of the top paying niches are quite competitive. In those niches it can take several months or even years to make any progress on decent rankings. It could also be possible that your niche doesn't convert well in general. Perhaps you should try more ads on your side menu. Have you considered Google AdSense?

The trick is to find several different ways to build quality backlinks with good keywords. Keep regularly building those links while ensuring that you don't overload a certain keyword phrase. Some people get too caught up going after one keyword and they get an overoptimization penalty. Also keep adding unique content to your website to target new keywords.

vansterdam, Mar 8, 2009 IP
  5. Hoodala

Hoodala Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe the hardest thing for any newbie to learn is to pick the right niche. If you do some research before you start then things just fall in line. Start out in the make money online niche and you are destined for failure. Unfortunately we see it all the time. People trying to teach what they have never succeeded at is a recipe for disaster.

Hoodala, Mar 8, 2009 IP
  6. ultimatemediagroup

ultimatemediagroup Banned

Best Answers:
    when i was a newbie I started a negative trend of thinking like this, however I suggest you try to get over it and instead focus on something you are really good at, so for example if in real life you are passionate about bicyles, start an online website / venture about bicycles, that way you will never get bored, I did the mistake of getting into niches such as lawyers and creditor advice simply because I was told they pay a lot, whilst in fact I never made any real money from that type of niche and when I later got into something I like I hit it big.

ultimatemediagroup, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  7. Hagen

Hagen Peon

Best Answers:
    People who succeed at anything are the people who:

1. Persist.

2. Continually re-evaluate and improve what they're doing.

If you've been working your ass off and not seeing results, it most likely means you've just been focusing your efforts on the wrong things. Maybe describe what you've been doing to try to make money and people would be better able to give you feedback.

To answer your main question though, I don't think there's any such thing as a person who's not made for internet marketing. There are lots of people who give up too soon though.

Hagen, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  8. pokerface

pokerface Peon

Best Answers:
    Those people who made it within 1-2 weeks might be just lucky. It's not a race, it's about getting the foundation and the facts of this business right. :)

pokerface, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  9. Viktor Drej

Viktor Drej Banned

Best Answers:
    There are other options if you think you are not made for internet marketing.... try freelance and CPA..

Viktor Drej, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  10. kydegan

kydegan Peon

Best Answers:
    This is something that you are going to have to build on. It takes time, patience and some form of luck...

kydegan, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  11. Random Guy

Random Guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Do it until you succeed. That's the way life works.

Anyone in sales will tell you that they get rejected often, but it's all about the numbers of people who say yes. Continue trying until you can make that happen.

Random Guy, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  12. hanleo46

hanleo46 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hello vinogradov

We all need to find ways to get content in front of visitors that are interested...some call it getting in the way of traffic....

Think of it as owning more internet real estate, or building our virtual assets....so how do we get our content marketed?

There is a great way to integrate Squidoo, articles, and blogs together into a giant traffic net, by building keyword targeted lens campaigns....that not only builds links, but generates direct traffic to your website, blog, or affiliate landing pages==>>

hanleo46, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  13. SiLvER

SiLvER Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeap, this is a random figure, but 97% of the people in this forum aren't bound to make serious money online.

Important 'tools' to become succesful is a decent mindset (maybe the most important of all), common sense, time management, dedication, fluent english and the power of persuasion & focus,

It doesn't matter if it took you 6 mnoths to make money, after that you may make hundreds everyday for the rest of your life and you will have lots of experience and expertise in your field because it took you so long experimenting and learning. It's better than guys who earn $10/day and don't know what's next, how to scale up their revenue and become better marketers.

- Some random thoughts,
    Van Silver.

SiLvER, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  14. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm assuming that your website is listed in your signature. I'm really not trying to be a jerk, but why would you do a website about making money online if you aren't making any? People can really see right through this pretty easily. I'm not saying you should scrap the website, because it is pretty nice looking. However, I would maybe sell the website and rethink the website you want to build. Don't do a making money online blog just because everyone else here seems to have one. Instead, be real with people and build something YOU are passionate about.

I'm not saying you have to be the most knowledgable person online on a topic to build a website about something. But I think you will be much more successful if you decide to be honest with people and develop a website that interests you.

PHPGator, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  15. domitri

domitri Active Member

Best Answers:
    there is a lot of talk and we see few results, even those e-books we don't know if the writer has actually made those thousands of dollars or it's a newbie trying to reach his first $100. Develop your own method and learn with the big guys here on DP, there are always great tips to succeed on internet marketing in the posts.

good luck =)

domitri, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  16. vinogradov

vinogradov Active Member

Best Answers:
    My plan is to start a weightlifting niche blog, is that not too saturated?

So all of my hard work goes to waste by selling the website? Whats the point in that?

vinogradov, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  17. vinogradov

vinogradov Active Member

Best Answers:
    Im thinking of just giving up for a little bit and starting back up when I have the time. According to everyone on this forum, my hosting sucks balls so I have been with a battle with the host trying to get them to try and speed up my website.

What are some good hosts that are cheap and don't massivly oversell

vinogradov, Mar 9, 2009 IP
  18. Josef Benjamin

Josef Benjamin Member

Best Answers:
    Making money online isn' all that difficult vin.

It helps alot when you set aside AT LEAST 30 min a day to visualize what you want to accomplish. Give your subconcious something to work towards. Another thing is that you may not be mentally ready to accept the fact the making money online is very simple and is abundent. It could very well be a mental thing.

Someone here made a comment about you promoting a make money online site even though you aren't making any yourself.

I would encourage you to keep going with it. But again, your mindset will have to change and you will have to learn new skills and persist and move forward with faith and confidence. It takes discipline.

I would also add that you should pursue something your equally passionate in and where there is money in it. Don't worry about competition, there is opportunity knocking on everybodies door. Don't not do something because you feel your agains't all odds.

Josef Benjamin, Mar 11, 2009 IP
  19. matik

matik Peon

Best Answers:
    Some people thing that earning on internet is a piece of cake, well in real it is harder to make money online then making offline.

matik, Mar 11, 2009 IP
    Game Producer likes this.
  20. jameswalker

jameswalker Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you gotta just stick in there and keep with it. I have yet to make any money online at all, but I refuse to give up. Keep telling yourself you "CAN" do this and you "CAN" do that. Forget about the "can't"s.
    Set goals and try to reach them. Things like that I think will help you sucseed.
    And those are given to you from someone who has made nothing so far. hahaha

jameswalker, Mar 11, 2009 IP