1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google's New Ad Network - Knows Where You've Been, What You Do

Discussion in 'Google' started by guest, Mar 11, 2009.

In short, Google plans to track your online moves and build a collection of "interests" based on which websites you visit. For example, if you start your day on the Major League Baseball homepage everyday, Google will know that you’re more likely to respond to ads for baseball paraphernalia.

Read more at
    http://blog.wired.com/business/2009/03/googles-new-ad.html (source)

Cheers

guest, Mar 11, 2009 IP
  2. Rogem

Rogem Peon

Best Answers:
    Seems fair enough, if I didn't want them to track me I would just block googles tracking code. Either way though, if it gives me better results/ads I can't complain.

Rogem, Mar 11, 2009 IP
  3. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the article link. I for one will be opting out of such advertising asap. I'd rather not let Google use all of my browsing history to help their ad revenue. F'ing Google.

vansterdam, Mar 11, 2009 IP
  4. wp-themes

wp-themes Banned

Best Answers:
    Interesting news, thanks for sharing that article ;)

wp-themes, Mar 11, 2009 IP
  5. jkadin

jkadin Peon

Best Answers:
    So if you look at baseball they will show baseball ads. So they follow you around and put ads up that has your interest. So oneday later on the day you look at something else and they still are showing those dam baseball ads. Give me a break. Have I mentioned that google is not god and google and adsense sucks.

SO you come to the forum and they still show those dam baseball ads.

jkadin, Mar 11, 2009 IP
  6. swedal

swedal Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I thought that was the whole purpose of google matching the content of the ads to the content of the page it is displayed upon. If your looking at a page on baseball they show you a baseball ad - if your looknig at a page on beer they show you a beer ad.....

Right - already works that way except in a much easier fashion. Match the ad to the page content.

swedal, Mar 11, 2009 IP